C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gates Belts - k060891 or k060895 - no Heavy Duty Green???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Can always take a 10 rib belt and cut 2 off, I can't add 2 to a 8 rib
Old 06-17-2015, 08:27 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Can always take a 10 rib belt and cut 2 off, I can't add 2 to a 8 rib
But do I want to spend the money on your 10 rib, hack it up for my car?

In all seriousness, I hope you guys at Gate listen to what a small minority we are in the overall sales of your business.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

As for how many have setups like this, who knows, but the people like me and winter that are pushing them are the ones that need the good belts.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:06 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

So, whatever happened with this?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

8 rib here!
Old 08-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Gates corp said end of September but I haven't called to follow up
Old 08-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

They need to hurry that **** up!
Old 09-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic Vette
They need to hurry that **** up!
Yes we do lol!

UPDATE:
As I mentioned earlier, we are currently transitioning our Racing Blue line of serpentine belts over to a completely new line; RPM. RPM belts have a stronger construction than either the Fleet Runner or the Racing Blue belts and are designed with supercharged applications as the main focus. This transition has created a backlog of products but these have not been forgotten!

Gates wants to keep the green Fleet Runner belts as a Heavy Duty only line. Since those sizes don't have any HD applications such as MACK, Freightliner etc. we are unable to build a green Fleet Runner belt. Given how awesome the RPM line is, no HD Fleet Runner belt is a moot point.

I have personally set up these for production with a new pending release date of Q1, maybe sooner. I will be sure to post updates here as soon as I have them.

These belts will be worth the wait!

Chad

Last edited by Gates APA Team; 09-17-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:48 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Can you give us an idea what sizes you'll be making? And what's the best way to order one since it's going to be a new product?

I just want a belt that isn't black
Old 09-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Gates APA Team
Yes we do lol!

UPDATE:
As I mentioned earlier, we are currently transitioning our Racing Blue line of serpentine belts over to a completely new line; RPM. RPM belts have a stronger construction than either the Fleet Runner or the Racing Blue belts and are designed with supercharged applications as the main focus. This transition has created a backlog of products but these have not been forgotten!

Gates wants to keep the green Fleet Runner belts as a Heavy Duty only line. Since those sizes don't have any HD applications such as MACK, Freightliner etc. we are unable to build a green Fleet Runner belt. Given how awesome the RPM line is, no HD Fleet Runner belt is a moot point.

I have personally set up these for production with a new pending release date of Q1, maybe sooner. I will be sure to post updates here as soon as I have them.

These belts will be worth the wait!

Chad
Hurry this poo up! My gates belts are popping like pimples on a 13yr old!
Old 09-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Can you give us an idea what sizes you'll be making? And what's the best way to order one since it's going to be a new product?

I just want a belt that isn't black

The K060895 which is a 6 rib 89.56" effective length and the K060891 which is a 6 rib 89.13" E.L.

Since these belts are going to be made to order I can set up any size you guys need or want. To order them, you can go to your local parts store. It may be a month for the belt to come in but we will build it. If you go to one of your local Vette shops, they might order a drum to stock themselves, that is completely up to them.

Due to the fact that the RPM is completely different as opposed to a superficial update on the Racing belt we decided to ditch the blue color altogether. The black doesn't look as cool but the RPM line is better in every conceivable way.

This is such a niche product with low volume so we are trying to eliminate excess product and get you guys the belts while they still have that new belt smell

Chad

Last edited by Gates APA Team; 09-17-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Awesome maybe FSP can order like 3 drums we all know imma need it
Old 09-17-2015, 07:56 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

The K060895 which is a 6 rib 89.56" effective length and the K060891 which is a 6 rib 89.13" E.L.

Since these belts are going to be made to order I can set up any size you guys need or want. To order them, you can go to your local parts store. It may be a month for the belt to come in but we will build it. If you go to one of your local Vette shops, they might order a drum to stock themselves, that is completely up to them.

Due to the fact that the RPM is completely different as opposed to a superficial update on the Racing belt we decided to ditch the blue color altogether. The black doesn't look as cool but the RPM line is better in every conceivable way.

This is such a niche product with low volume so we are trying to eliminate excess product and get you guys the belts while they still have that new belt smell

Chad
89.1 is what I need so that should work great.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Chad
Chad,

Please provide an update and also give me an example of HD Green load strength specifications vs Racing Blue Line/ RPM.. I would like to know when it would potentially snap. Been having a lot of gates belts snap in my supercharger application and this information would help tremendously. Also, R&D load tests etc/ comparisons..

A few more questions..

Also, add to that when these belts stretch what is that indicative of? Should the user be worried the belt has stretched too much? Should the belt be longer in order to reduce stretching? My assumption is the more the belt stretches the weaker it becomes and I would try to avoid that obviously so I don't have broken belts all the time. PC Carbon has a formula however I couldn't find a similar formula for HD belts or the Racing Performance Blue belts.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...03073922,d.dmo

Also, why not a predator belt? They seem to fit my bill, thanks in advance! "Specifically designed for aggressive applications, this extra heavy-duty belt construction provides extraordinary high impact strength, capacity, and wear resistance."

http://www.gates.com/products/indust...owerband-belts
Old 09-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

If your breaking belts, fix the issue, don't band aid it. A stronger belt isn't a solution to your problem.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Gates,

Also, do you have blue line or racing line in the following part#s

060478, 060365, and 080550.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:57 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Unreal
If your breaking belts, fix the issue, don't band aid it. A stronger belt isn't a solution to your problem.
Very helpful, tks..

Get notified of new replies

To Gates Belts - k060891 or k060895 - no Heavy Duty Green???

Old 09-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

Please provide an update and also give me an example of HD Green load strength specifications vs Racing Blue Line/ RPM.. I would like to know when it would potentially snap. Been having a lot of gates belts snap in my supercharger application and this information would help tremendously. Also, R&D load tests etc/ comparisons..

Unfortunately the engineering information is under lock and key. Gates invests heavily in R&D and can't have the information getting into the hands of a competitor.

There are construction differences between the HD FleetRunner and the RPM. Whereas the FleetRunner belts are HD and designed for long haul trucks, the RPM line is specifically designed for supercharger applications. We have sales guys on the ground as well as researchers in the office who are determining which supercharger applications to offer. We are looking at both OE supercharged cars as well as aftermarket chargers on popular applications.

A few more questions..

Also, add to that when these belts stretch what is that indicative of? Should the user be worried the belt has stretched too much? Should the belt be longer in order to reduce stretching? My assumption is the more the belt stretches the weaker it becomes and I would try to avoid that obviously so I don't have broken belts all the time. PC Carbon has a formula however I couldn't find a similar formula for HD belts or the Racing Performance Blue belts.

Belt stretch is indicative of excess heat. Excess heat is generated by lack of tension among other things. Going to a longer belt will exacerbate the problem. If you were not using the correct length belt for your application (too long) this could very well be why you are snapping belts. Belts also need to be handled properly, no creasing of the belt as the internal cord is damaged and decreases the strength of the belt.
Also, why not a predator belt? They seem to fit my bill, thanks in advance! "Specifically designed for aggressive applications, this extra heavy-duty belt construction provides extraordinary high impact strength, capacity, and wear resistance."

Predator belts are a trade name specific to our industrial product line. We are not releasing Predator automotive belts for the same reason we are not releasing FleetRunner belts for passenger car/light truck applications. Gates wants to have clear and concise messages for our products.

The entire RPM line of belts is going to have an Aramid cord with dual layers of adhesion gum. What this means is that it can handle high rpm, high heat and high torque applications.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Unfortunately the engineering information is under lock and key. Gates invests heavily in R&D and can't have the information getting into the hands of a competitor.

There are construction differences between the HD FleetRunner and the RPM. Whereas the FleetRunner belts are HD and designed for long haul trucks, the RPM line is specifically designed for supercharger applications. We have sales guys on the ground as well as researchers in the office who are determining which supercharger applications to offer. We are looking at both OE supercharged cars as well as aftermarket chargers on popular applications.

A few more questions..

Belt stretch is indicative of excess heat. Excess heat is generated by lack of tension among other things. Going to a longer belt will exacerbate the problem. If you were not using the correct length belt for your application (too long) this could very well be why you are snapping belts. Belts also need to be handled properly, no creasing of the belt as the internal cord is damaged and decreases the strength of the belt.

Predator belts are a trade name specific to our industrial product line. We are not releasing Predator automotive belts for the same reason we are not releasing FleetRunner belts for passenger car/light truck applications. Gates wants to have clear and concise messages for our products.

The entire RPM line of belts is going to have an Aramid cord with dual layers of adhesion gum. What this means is that it can handle high rpm, high heat and high torque applications.
Thank you! Now THAT was actually very helpful!!! Do you have the RPM (blue belts) in the part numbers in my previous post?
Old 09-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Arctic Vette
Thank you! Now THAT was actually very helpful!!! Do you have the RPM (blue belts) in the part numbers in my previous post?
Sorry, I forgot about those. We do not currently offer the RPM (black belts) or Racing (blue belts) in those sizes.

Just to clarify, the blue Racing Belt line is going away. It will be replaced with the RPM line which are black belts.

Quick Reply: Gates Belts - k060891 or k060895 - no Heavy Duty Green???