C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gates Belts - k060891 or k060895 - no Heavy Duty Green???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 03:37 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Gates APA Team
Sorry, I forgot about those. We do not currently offer the RPM (black belts) or Racing (blue belts) in those sizes.

Just to clarify, the blue Racing Belt line is going away. It will be replaced with the RPM line which are black belts.
Will you have those sizes in the RPM Line? Thanks!
Old 09-21-2015, 05:18 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic Vette
Will you have those sizes in the RPM Line? Thanks!
"Targeted 1st quarter of next year" IIUC (according to post #28)

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
"Targeted 1st quarter of next year" IIUC (according to post #28)
Not for the sizes I asked, I just pm them and they took note of it now though..
Old 09-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Shayc5
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Belts

Chad,

I have been using the Bando 10PK1320. What do I need to do to get this belt size in the RPM series?
Old 09-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shayc5
Chad,

I have been using the Bando 10PK1320. What do I need to do to get this belt size in the RPM series?

I can set up the belt but remember these are made to order. Basically, through a distributor we would need to have an entire drum ordered before production began. A drum of ten rib belts will make 28 belts.

You could approach some of the distributors on here and see if they could get a group buy going.

Chad
Old 09-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

While nice, belts are magic fixes to issues. My green 10 rib belt has 9k trouble free miles, along with most of my other belts. Once a belt system is setup properly getting 25k+ miles out of all the belts is easy and the green and even current black ones do that with ease.

Gates, what is the goal for these new belts over the current ones? 20% increased life? What is the big performance difference. Your current belts work great, so why run a special one? A $30 green belt last years, so what is this going to get me?
Old 09-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

I can set up the belt but remember these are made to order. Basically, through a distributor we would need to have an entire drum ordered before production began. A drum of ten rib belts will make 28 belts.

You could approach some of the distributors on here and see if they could get a group buy going.

Chad
Whats price on a drum if you don't mind us asking? or do they have to be a dealer to inquire on pricing?
Old 09-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Unreal
While nice, belts are magic fixes to issues. My green 10 rib belt has 9k trouble free miles, along with most of my other belts. Once a belt system is setup properly getting 25k+ miles out of all the belts is easy and the green and even current black ones do that with ease.

Gates, what is the goal for these new belts over the current ones? 20% increased life? What is the big performance difference. Your current belts work great, so why run a special one? A $30 green belt last years, so what is this going to get me?
It's no surprise that our FleetRunner belt is not giving you any issues. FleetRunner belts have a stronger construction than our standard line AND you are using ten rib version (more ribs, more friction, less likely to slip. The less slip, the less heat which is better for everything involved). If you are not experiencing any issues with our FleetRunner belts by all means continue to use them!

We need to collectively remember that just because this group is pushing some high HP does not mean you guys are out there utilizing it every chance you get. The fact is that some people don't push their cars and may not immediately realize the benefit of the RPM belts. We created the RPM line for those that DO push their cars and demand the best belt on the market.

The RPM line has a couple of key advantages over the FleetRunner and standard line belts. Most importantly is the Aramid tensile cords. Aramid does not stretch. These belts will be the same size when you go to replace them as they were new. No stretch means less slip, less heat and more importantly: consistent performance.

There is a dual layer of adhesion gum which in theory will extend the service life of the belt but we do not have any testing in place to determine approximate percentage. These belts are not being offered to commuters, only high HP markets where an extended service interval is not a priority. In these applications the dual layer makes for a stronger belt which is less likely to slip. Again, less slip, less heat and overall better performance.

To quote The Most Interesting Man in the World:
"I don't always need the best belt, but when I do, I choose RPM by Gates"

Originally Posted by Arctic Vette
Whats price on a drum if you don't mind us asking? or do they have to be a dealer to inquire on pricing?

I'm pretty sure the distributors are the ones who need to inquire as we do not sell direct.

Chad
Old 09-23-2015, 04:10 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Looking forward to their release!

Last edited by Arctic Vette; 09-23-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Just seems like a proper setup on a vette has no belt issues now, so added cost and pain of having custom belt doesn't seem worth it to fix a non-existent issue. My current belt has 40+ 1/2 mile pulls and tons of street driving. Looks great, works great. When I get my balancer back on, same belt going back on. I don't like green, so I would buy a fancy belt just to get rid of the green color, but I don't see the need to get an RPM belt unless someone was trying to push a 6 rib or something past what it was designed to do.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:06 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

We need to start a belt size, length and HP it is used on thread so that gates can gather some data......
Between A&A and ECS alone I bet there close to 1,000 guys one here.

What would a drum cost. That's 280 ribs, that 28 10 ribs or 46 , 6 ribs or 35 8 ribs, or a combo of 10, 6 and 8 out of the same drum?

Last edited by GeneSch; 09-24-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:23 AM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GeneSch
We need to start a belt size, length and HP it is used on thread so that gates can gather some data......

What would a drum cost. That's 280 ribs, that 28 10 ribs or 46 , 6 ribs or 35 8 ribs, or a combo of 10, 6 and 8 out of the same drum?
Great idea im down!
Old 09-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

ECS/AA/etc are not gates distributors. You would have to get with Napa/Carquest/Autozone/etc. The car shops just buy from a distributor. There are soo many different belts out. ECS could have them made if they can get a distributor to buy in for their stock size but once you get upgraded there are too many combos. Flip drive, over drive crank, brand of crank, water pump, blower bracket, blower pulley. All of that effects belt length.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:51 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
ECS/AA/etc are not gates distributors. You would have to get with Napa/Carquest/Autozone/etc. The car shops just buy from a distributor. There are soo many different belts out. ECS could have them made if they can get a distributor to buy in for their stock size but once you get upgraded there are too many combos. Flip drive, over drive crank, brand of crank, water pump, blower bracket, blower pulley. All of that effects belt length.
Maybe they would get them in the sizes for their standard kits but then again the regular Gates belts hold up just fine when properly tensioned and aligned.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:06 PM
Shayc5
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Belts

Originally Posted by GeneSch

Did the belt info tread ever get started to see what we have so need for? Plus I see the Gates guy never answered the question.

I need a RPM belt 10rib 52", car makes 1064rwhp. I would be in for 3-4 as I like to keep spares.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shayc5
Did the belt info tread ever get started to see what we have so need for? Plus I see the Gates guy never answered the question.

I need a RPM belt 10rib 52", car makes 1064rwhp. I would be in for 3-4 as I like to keep spares.
Hey Guys,

I don't deal with pricing or sales so as for the cost of a drum, no idea. If the shops out there are interested I can forward the contact info to our sales guys and they can get all the pricing information they need from him. Just shoot me a PM.

Chad
Old 06-06-2016, 08:22 AM
JasonCzerak
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bump on this. Any update on the RPM line?

Get notified of new replies

To Gates Belts - k060891 or k060895 - no Heavy Duty Green???

Old 06-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JasonCzerak
Bump on this. Any update on the RPM line?
Thanks for bumping this up!

The K060891RPM is ready to order. This is a made to order belt so no one has stock but calling your parts store will trigger production. Expect a short wait time on the belt.

Unfortunately the K06895RPM won't be available until August and the same will apply; made to order so placing an order with your parts store and they can place an order.

We have over 100 RPM belts available, all of which are made to order. If you shoot an email to APATeam@gates.com we can send you a list of the current lineup.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 06-08-2016, 11:10 AM
JasonCzerak
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for bumping this up!

The K060891RPM is ready to order. This is a made to order belt so no one has stock but calling your parts store will trigger production. Expect a short wait time on the belt.

Unfortunately the K06895RPM won't be available until August and the same will apply; made to order so placing an order with your parts store and they can place an order.

We have over 100 RPM belts available, all of which are made to order. If you shoot an email to APATeam@gates.com we can send you a list of the current lineup.

Thanks for your patience!
The problem I had was most of the stores don't have this part number in their databases to even trigger an order.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Gates APA Team
Intermediate

What is happening is that their catalog data has not been updated and could take up to 90 days for a refresh.

You can inform them that you spoke to Gates and the part is indeed available but it will require a manual order, it cannot be done through their computer system until the data is refreshed. The counter guy can always call our tech line @ 303-744-5651 to verify that the part is indeed available.

To manually place the order they will need to call their distribution center and circumvent the computer system.

I hope this helps

Quick Reply: Gates Belts - k060891 or k060895 - no Heavy Duty Green???