C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TX2K15: Truffle Butter Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Default TX2K15: Truffle Butter Edition

I was able to bring my car because of knee surgeries but I still went and grabbed footage from a few of my friends cars. ProCharged G8, NA 416 G8, and a built ProCharged C6 taking on whatever they came across. Hope you guys enjoy!!!

Old 06-18-2015, 11:31 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think "racing" is starting to leave me behind. Lol! All these roll races throw the driver mod and chassis/suspension setups right out the window, basically to see who has the most hp. Why not just dyno the cars and compare dyno graphs? It's similar to all the people at the track, taking 10 extra seconds after the green light to build boost and then congratulating each other for their mph, totally disregarding et. Don't get me wrong. I have great admiration for many of these cars, and I know this post will ruffle feathers. Maybe I'm just a little old school, but what happened to drag racing? I know, I know. Cue the Hitler roll racing video and start the arguments over roll vs dig. Sorry! Lol! I do appreciate you sharing the video though, and you have a very nice Vette.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:14 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

No I totally understand what your saying except your wrong about the chassis and suspension setup not mattering. Those cars may not have problems hooking, but I know its been a challenge for me and others. A Dyno is a tuning tool really and can be manipulated. AND drag racing is WAY more about chassis and suspension than HP depending on what your running. PPL go way faster on WAY less hp with a dedicated drag car for sure. Now that I've said that my point is that everyone just has different goals or plans for there cars is all. I love to drag race, but if I was to build a drag car it would be a waist of money as well as I probably wouldn't be competitive in any of the classes for a main reason of budget. Nice video.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:23 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

I like a car that can be well rounded. No offense to anyone that builds them but drag only cars bore me personally. I like to make highway pulls, take the car on the twisters, and when I go to the track it's just to see what it can do and get a little practice launching. Seeing what it traps is always a plus.

Anywho glad you guys like the video. Thanks for the kind words about my car Xtreme.

Last edited by Detoxx03; 06-23-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:38 AM
Chokeu
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks bud, just watched this video and can't sleep. Agh, now I really can't wait till my ECS kit arrives!! Great video man!!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I like a car that can be well rounded. No offense to anyone that builds them but only drag cars bore me personally. I like to make highway pulls, take the car on the twisters, and when I go to the track it's just to see what it can do and get a little practice launching. Seeing what it traps is always a plus.

Anywho glad you guys like the video. Thanks for the kind words about my car Xtreme.
Absolutely. You have a sweet ride for sure. I agree about the well rounded car. I used to chase et but I've been out of the drag racing scene for a while and I'm just now getting back into performance modifications. I can definitely understand having problems hooking a 1000hp or more car in a roll race. It just seems like some traction and 1 or 2 shifts is all that's required. Drag racing involves a lot more to launch the car. I have no problems with the roll race, just very different from my background I guess.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:01 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

At the power levels these cars are at especially at a event like TX2K having traction is easier said than done.

Chokeu you're gonna love it.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:35 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector12
No I totally understand what your saying except your wrong about the chassis and suspension setup not mattering. Those cars may not have problems hooking, but I know its been a challenge for me and others. A Dyno is a tuning tool really and can be manipulated. AND drag racing is WAY more about chassis and suspension than HP depending on what your running. PPL go way faster on WAY less hp with a dedicated drag car for sure. Now that I've said that my point is that everyone just has different goals or plans for there cars is all. I love to drag race, but if I was to build a drag car it would be a waist of money as well as I probably wouldn't be competitive in any of the classes for a main reason of budget. Nice video.
+1.

I'm a drag racer at heart, but these cars, with a 6 speed are pretty hard to ET over the 1000rwhp. It's not that these guys can't drive that have been in the game a while, it's that taking out a T56/6060 and rear end in one pass gets expensive. That's why I prefer to do both and keep the power in the 800 range. It allows me to have fun on the streets but still run decent ET's at the track. The 1000+rwhp guys have deep pockets, or are LSX gurus like Inspector12 and can build these cars from scratch.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Truffle butter express, watch enjoy and be entertained.
Till next year hope to see some of yall out there
Old 06-19-2015, 11:30 AM
nareg
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

cool vid!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:24 PM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get ANY of this roll racing stuff either...
Old 06-19-2015, 12:27 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6er
I don't get ANY of this roll racing stuff either...
Old 06-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Someone tell me what the Truffle Butter significance is?
Old 06-19-2015, 02:09 PM
scotts94_z28
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...truffle+butter
Old 06-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Haha it's always funny when people find out what it means for the first time.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

OMG I just realized I'm older than I thought. I don't even want to know why that pertains to roll racing. Lol!
Old 06-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

nice vid!

BIG HP cars are making too much power these days to race from digs at street racing events like this - its dangerous....using your logic - if they were all from digs...why not just let all the GTR guys know in advance they win, and cancel the event?

Get notified of new replies

To TX2K15: Truffle Butter Edition

Old 06-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Geared
nice vid!

BIG HP cars are making too much power these days to race from digs at street racing events like this - its dangerous....using your logic - if they were all from digs...why not just let all the GTR guys know in advance they win, and cancel the event?
Then why build a car you can't hook on the street? Why not go to the track? I see the point, I really do, but most of the high hp cars you run into on the street have done little to nothing to the suspension or chassis to get the power to the ground not to mention the safety equipment you should be running or the unaware general public on the road. Throw all your money into making big hp and ignore everything that's supposed to go with it. Anyone can floor it from 40-60 mph and manage 2 shifts after someone tries to yell 1,2,3. There's not even a finish line. It's all about who can pull someone else, and it just comes down to who has the power to weight ratio, hence my comment about just comparing dyno slips. Going to the track takes money, safety equipment, skill, and lots of practice. All things most don't bother with roll racing on the highway.

Last edited by Xtremespeed; 06-20-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Comparing dyno sheets is irrelevant. Everything would have to be the same even if it was the same dyno. I know it's something to help you get your side of the argument across but it makes no sense. No roll racing isn't rocket science but it's also not as easy as you make it sound even with cars that have suspension and tires like myself and Slo-Poc's car.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Comparing dyno sheets is irrelevant. Everything would have to be the same even if it was the same dyno. I know it's something to help you get your side of the argument across but it makes no sense. No roll racing isn't rocket science but it's also not as easy as you make it sound even with cars that have suspension and tires like myself and Slo-Poc's car.
I know. Like you said, just trying to make my point. I have a lot of respect for guys like you and Slo-Poc who have some awesome cars. It's all the clueless kids out there. I intended to stop ruffling feathers and then I get comments like these cars are too dangerous to run from a dig on the street. Lol! It's too dangerous to race on the street period if we were all to be honest. I do like seeing the videos even if it's not my cup of tea. I apologize for sidetracking your thread.

Quick Reply: TX2K15: Truffle Butter Edition