C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1X belt woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by booztd3
Off topic ,but what water pump would you recommend for a 10 rib set up ?
I run meziere electric on mine
Old 06-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by booztd3
Off topic ,but what water pump would you recommend for a 10 rib set up ?
'06-'08 LS7 water pump if you have a C6 SC bracket.
Read link below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...pump-info.html

If you run a Meziere EWP then you have to use my C5 version of the bracket to fit that water pump.

Last edited by Josh@AandASuperchargers; 06-24-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:11 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SquatchMachining
Procharger brackets are perfect, just ask them!
Well the number of crazy high HP 10 rib Dallas/ProCharger bracket cars with no issues, is like 100 to 1.

TurboTuner20v on here makes plenty of power, no issues.
And has ran the same belt for years.... YEARS.
And thrashes on that car left and right. (no trailer queen)
LINK to VIDEO:
(Only use his name cause he is in this thread)

AMP and their 1,400+ HP car....
And plenty of others, such as "DETOXX" on this forum.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-edition.html
Years of thrashing, issue free.

Lots of issues come down to things like:
Alignment (due to incompatible heads with our bracket)
Interference with water pump
Tensioner is not adjusted correctly (the bigggggggggest issue)
To small of a bypass valve (surge kicks the belt)

HOWEVER, with that being said.......

We have some new goodies coming out.

1) New race bracket design, to support even more power (and easier tensioning system, to eliminate that error)
Testing by us is wrapping up.
Soon to be tested by a shop on here with a killer track record for fast C6's.

2) The "Race" intercooler, will now have the option for 4" outlet, and piping to match.
For those that are big power, but don't want to keep the 3.5" tubing.

Can't give away all the details yet, however......
We haven't stopped looking at the C6 market.

Last edited by ProChargerTech; 06-25-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Feldman's setup hasn't been trouble free, and Corey's car is just a basic D1 setup so not sure that counts when talking about high HP F1 blower issues.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:03 PM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the new parts you are going to offer, always excited to see new items and revisions brought to market.

You can put me into the category of people that have had bad experiences with your products and service, just the way it is. The customer service and product I have received from A&A and Cartek in the last couple years has been beyond reproach.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:34 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Looking forward to seeing the new parts you are going to offer, always excited to see new items and revisions brought to market.

You can put me into the category of people that have had bad experiences with your products and service, just the way it is. The customer service and product I have received from A&A and Cartek in the last couple years has been beyond reproach.
Whose stuff are you running now?
Old 06-25-2015, 03:12 PM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Whose stuff are you running now?

A&A, cannot beat Andy's customer service, just cant...
Old 06-25-2015, 03:19 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

100% and on top of that they have the best quality and if you are specifically looking for a procharger bracket I believe they have the best one on the market... nice to see procharger is making changes though because that's how things ultimately progress and get better, not by getting pissy and giving up like some guys on the opposing coast
Old 06-25-2015, 03:22 PM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Originally Posted by neutron82
100% and on top of that they have the best quality and if you are specifically looking for a procharger bracket I believe they have the best one on the market... nice to see procharger is making changes though because that's how things ultimately progress and get better, not by getting pissy and giving up like some guys on the opposing coast
I would actually argue that Cartek has the best Procharger bracket. But both work very very well.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:39 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Oh. Yeah your post using the word "reproach" made it sound like the opposite. Or maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the word.

Everyone seems to say good things about him, so that is good.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:03 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I would actually argue that Cartek has the best Procharger bracket. But both work very very well.
I forgot about them, when I switched from ecs I almost went with the cartek bracket which does look really nice... they only offer 8 rib (although I have heard of people running an f2 on it so it might work just fine) and I was worried about the tensioner if I ever happened to need one in the future which was a problem I had with ecs... to me customer support after the sale is a big deal... after several attempts to get a hold of them to buy their bracket failed a&a stepped up and had mine built and anodized in a week and overnighted it to me... it bolted right up with no spacer or alignment issues like I encountered with ecs and it has worked great so far
Old 06-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Louis Gigliotti
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Several people locally in DFW running the procharger bracket and DP J bracket with zero issue 8. I can think of 4 cars 800-1000 hp that run almost every weekend between them, and all still on the same belt.

what exactly is the belt doing? Is it shredding? Or snapping? have you put a go pro on it with HD and looked to see what its doing?
Old 06-27-2015, 10:45 PM
stanger383
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Update

I bought the A&A 10 rib set up and it is pretty nice stuff! I like that it does not leave a long section of flapping belt. Put them on today and I was only able to get an 8 rib belt today (saturday) With a WOT in second gear and letting completely off the gas it has not thrown it off. I personally do not see how the stock PC brackets were going to do the trick.... And i bugged Josh(A&A) and Fran(RPM) during the install and they helped a bunch!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:03 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Louis Gigliotti
Several people locally in DFW running the procharger bracket and DP J bracket with zero issue 8. I can think of 4 cars 800-1000 hp that run almost every weekend between them, and all still on the same belt.

what exactly is the belt doing? Is it shredding? Or snapping? have you put a go pro on it with HD and looked to see what its doing?
Pretty sure its about 99 out of 100 installs never have an issue.
Since we see the same results you are talking about.

It seems people that have the issue with our bracket is usually.
- installed on incompatible heads (like all-pros, that only have two bolt holes that line up
- tension on belt is not set up properly
- using a waterpump that is not compatible.

So many 800,900,1000,1100 and beyond running our stuff with the dallas 10 rib conversion its crazy, bought the only complaint we here these days is "please make something bigger then the F-1X" hahaha.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:13 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Unreal
Feldman's setup hasn't been trouble free, and Corey's car is just a basic D1 setup so not sure that counts when talking about high HP F1 blower issues.
Well, considering its making at least 500 more crank HP then most, something might have come up. Could have been alignment, or tension, who knows. All I know is that they got it taken care of and seem to be very happy everytime we talk to them. (and still run the same bracket/tensioner) AMP is a good shop, and they do great installs, this is proof of that.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:25 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
Well, considering its making at least 500 more crank HP then most, something might have come up. Could have been alignment, or tension, who knows. All I know is that they got it taken care of and seem to be very happy everytime we talk to them. (and still run the same bracket/tensioner) AMP is a good shop, and they do great installs, this is proof of that.
just FYI, the few belt issues we had are not Pully related. We know what was going on and have resolved it..

AMP was the first to put an F1x on a c6 ( i dont think there was one before we threw one on mine.. if there was.. we were one of the first..)
they were the first to make over 1400 with an f1x.. and i still think currently the only ones with a2a. Considering we arent REALLY leaning hard on the blower.. We figure there is another 100+ rwhp in mysetup .. When you are on the leading edge.. you have things happen along the way. they fix it and it doesnt happen again, but when you are the first to do something, there isnt really anyone you can go ask how to make changes to it. Procharger has been awesome in supporting me and AMP getting my car to where it is... and hopefully will be going forward...

Old 07-01-2015, 10:12 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
just FYI, the few belt issues we had are not Pully related. We know what was going on and have resolved it..

AMP was the first to put an F1x on a c6 ( i dont think there was one before we threw one on mine.. if there was.. we were one of the first..)
they were the first to make over 1400 with an f1x.. and i still think currently the only ones with a2a. Considering we arent REALLY leaning hard on the blower.. We figure there is another 100+ rwhp in mysetup .. When you are on the leading edge.. you have things happen along the way. they fix it and it doesnt happen again, but when you are the first to do something, there isnt really anyone you can go ask how to make changes to it. Procharger has been awesome in supporting me and AMP getting my car to where it is... and hopefully will be going forward...

Thanks man! Love love love love watching your car progress.

Get notified of new replies

To F1X belt woes

Old 07-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by White_Lightning

We have an A2A setup on an F1x. Procharger C6 Race intercooler. Made 1274 rwhp through a PG.... we could have made more but dont really care about dyno numbers... I get the tune close on the dyno then take it to the track. Car as been FAST. Its a grudge car so i wont say how fast at this time.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:02 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
We have an A2A setup on an F1x. Procharger C6 Race intercooler. Made 1274 rwhp through a PG.... we could have made more but dont really care about dyno numbers... I get the tune close on the dyno then take it to the track. Car as been FAST. Its a grudge car so i wont say how fast at this time.
yup.. but like i said the f1x was out Maybe a month before it went on my car.. everyone told me i was nuts.. and would see minimal gains over the f1R

I started my savings for a Th400 swap.. then i can actually put a smaller pully on the f1x and let this mother make some power my desire to try 1/4 mile it on a stock trans and stock coupe rear is minimal
Old 07-01-2015, 12:04 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
Thanks man! Love love love love watching your car progress.
I appreciate all the support PC has given us in our quest to go where no man has gone before AMP And PROCHARGER has really gone above and beyond to support me.

Quick Reply: F1X belt woes