C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 05:37 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Nitrous Build

As the title says, I'm going the Nitrous route with my ls2 Corvette. I have decided to go with a nitrous kit from NX from the forums suporting vendor! I wanted to ask the fellow forum members what else would you all recomend as far as parts & any tips. I want to run a 150 shot with a plate kit but i want to have full NA potential when the nitrous is off. I have been looking into Lingenfelter's LNC-2000 for this.
My following mods are: PRC heads, Cam, Varararam air intake, kooks longtube headers, SLP exhaust, FAST 102 throttle body & Nick Williams 102 throttle body, and an Elite Engineering Catch can.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't like the LNC-2000. It's basically a timing tricker that changes the iat signal to trick the ecm into pulling timing. The problem with this is that now the ecm can't see the actual iat's. It will pull the amount of timing you require for nitrous activation but will no longer be able to pull or add any timing based on actual iat's. If you really want full potential when the nitrous isn't being used without changing your tune, I would look at the DSX flex time box. Do you have Hp Tuners? You will need some type of tuning device to change the timing in the tune.

You also probably want to use a fuel pressure safety switch and a window switch just to help protect everything.

Just me personally, I was always afraid of running some of the cylinders lean so I went direct port with my ls6 and a standalone fuel system. At 150hp you will probably be fine, but you don't want your fuel pressure to drop and the standalone is great peace of mind. Otherwise you might look at changing fuel pumps, or adding a boost a pump.

Last edited by Xtremespeed; 06-26-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:46 AM
GS_DAN
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I am not sure where the Fuel Pump Maxes out on a LS2 but being H/C and Adding a 150 shot would be dangerously close. If you are wanting to spray 150+ you should look into a Standalone, Upgraded FP, or Pump booster.

I am only running a 125 shot on my cammed LS3 for now while I am waiting for the remaining parts of my Standalone to show up. Then the sky is the Limit, fuel side at least.

I have looked into the Lingenfelter LNC extensively and think its a pretty cool piece. Being that i'm on such a small shot I am only pulling a few degrees of timing so the NA performance isnt THAT far off. DSTEK's piece is really cool too as long as you have a tuner.

Last edited by GS_DAN; 06-26-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:25 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

The LS2 fuel pumps are generally good for about 150HP over STOCK. So if you are already H/C, that may affect your available fuel supply for nitrous. THE LNC-2000 is a great little box for pulling timing. It doesn't work by changing the IAT's, instead it actually changes the voltages inside the coils. The LNC has nothing to do with IAT's, so your ECM will still be able monitor them. I would recommend getting your fuel pump upgraded, first. Or, go with a dedicated fuel system that'll take your engines fuel system out of the nitrous loop.

-Andy
Old 06-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
The LS2 fuel pumps are generally good for about 150HP over STOCK. So if you are already H/C, that may affect your available fuel supply for nitrous. THE LNC-2000 is a great little box for pulling timing. It doesn't work by changing the IAT's, instead it actually changes the voltages inside the coils. The LNC has nothing to do with IAT's, so your ECM will still be able monitor them. I would recommend getting your fuel pump upgraded, first. Or, go with a dedicated fuel system that'll take your engines fuel system out of the nitrous loop.

-Andy
Andy. The voltage change inside the coils is for the rpm limiter and launch control, but that doesn't affect the timing. Let me know if I'm missing something. My understanding is the timing is pulled with the iat sensor.

Edit: I stand corrected. I didn't realize the LNC pulled timing after the ecm. It was explained incorrectly to me at some point apparently. I still don't like it as I can't log with Hp Tuners and see the timing being pulled as the ecm is not pulling it. I'm sure it's much better than a timing tricker though as I thought it was.

Last edited by Xtremespeed; 06-26-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:47 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
Andy. The voltage change inside the coils is for the rpm limiter and launch control, but that doesn't affect the timing. Let me know if I'm missing something. My understanding is the timing is pulled with the iat sensor.

Edit: I stand corrected. I didn't realize the LNC pulled timing after the ecm. It was explained incorrectly to me at some point apparently. I still don't like it as I can't log with Hp Tuners and see the timing being pulled as the ecm is not pulling it. I'm sure it's much better than a timing tricker though as I thought it was.
I agree that not being able to log timing is a pain. However, there is a way: if you use the Lingenfelter NCC-002 Nitrous Control Center, it can log the timing. It does this through an analog channel that measures 0-5 volts that comes from the LNC-2000. Also, if you use the NCC-002 in conjunction with the LNC-2000, you can actually ramp the timing along with the nitrous (yeah, it's a pretty nifty feature). This will help maintain optimum timing retard throughout the nitrous ramp. You can pull the datalogs from the NCC-002 and use a PC for analysis.

The downloaded log can display:

RPM
Speed
Gear Position
TPS Voltage
Fuel Pressure
Nitrous Pressure
AFR
Nitrous Ramp
Fuel Ramp
Timing Ramp

Also, when combined with the LNC-2000 it makes wiring in the 2-Step much easier, since it uses the clutch input from the NCC.

Without a doubt the LNC-2000 is a powerful little timing retard/launch controller. But, to get all you can out of it you'd need the NCC-002.

-Andy
Old 06-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Sergio7
Racer

Yes I do have a tunner where I live.
So the lnc-2000 will do the job? Or is there another timing box better than this one?

My goal for this is to have a drag race setu-up car that I can turn on the nitrous & have that extra push at the track. Then when it is off be able to cruise without worries of timing

Last edited by Sergio7; 06-26-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sergio7
Yes I do have a tunner where I live.
So the lnc-2000 will do the job? Or is there another timing box better than this one?

My goal for this is to have a drag race setu-up car that I can turn on the nitrous & have that extra push at the track. Then when it is off be able to cruise without worries of timing
Honestly, with no more timing than you need to pull for a 150 shot, your NA power isn't going to suffer much. You can tune it for n2o and leave it that way without any adverse cruising effects. JMO.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:42 PM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LNC-2000 and timing retard

You can data log the amount of timing retard being taken out by the LNC-2000. The gray output wire is just for that. The gray output wire provides a 0-5 volt out signal that indicates how much timing is being taken out.

As someone else pointed out, you can log this with the LPE NCC-002 nitrous controller since it has built in data logging but many (most) other data acquisition systems can also accept a 0-5 volt input.

The HPTuners MPVI Pro and the EFILive FlashScan cables both have analog inputs that can be used to log this data and then you will know when timing is being taken out and how much. In EFILive they even have a predefined calculated channel configured to convert the voltage to degrees of retard (but it isn't complicated math anyway).

Last edited by PSS; 06-27-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-28-2015, 12:32 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PSS
You can data log the amount of timing retard being taken out by the LNC-2000. The gray output wire is just for that. The gray output wire provides a 0-5 volt out signal that indicates how much timing is being taken out.

As someone else pointed out, you can log this with the LPE NCC-002 nitrous controller since it has built in data logging but many (most) other data acquisition systems can also accept a 0-5 volt input.

The HPTuners MPVI Pro and the EFILive FlashScan cables both have analog inputs that can be used to log this data and then you will know when timing is being taken out and how much. In EFILive they even have a predefined calculated channel configured to convert the voltage to degrees of retard (but it isn't complicated math anyway).
I understand what you mean. I would rather see the timing being pulled by the factory ecm I guess as opposed to relying on an aftermarket interface to pull timing and verify. If the LNC-2000 pulled timing and you could verify it looking at the data in the ecm I would like it much better. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it works, I just don't care for it personally. It does a lot for the money though, I'll give you that. Still don't think it's necessary for what the op is doing though, unless he needs every hp he can get NA, I'd tune it for the n2o and leave it.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:05 PM
highrolrcustoms
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet

-Andy
RPM built my 06 LS2 and put down 568rwhp/646ft tq with stock fuel system with a safe tune

car has following mods:
Nitrous Outlet 150 Shot
Fast 102 intake
Nick Williams 102 throttle body
custom nitrous cam
Kooks 1 7/8 headers
offroad 3" x pipe
K&N CAI
160 Thermostat

AFR heads and fuel system are coming next
Old 06-29-2015, 10:07 PM
highrolrcustoms
Instructor

Honestly, with no more timing than you need to pull for a 150 shot, your NA power isn't going to suffer much. You can tune it for n2o and leave it that way without any adverse cruising effects. JMO.
This is how my car is set up. they said I am losing about 40rwhp with a nitrous tune. Still drives just fine with no side affects
Old 07-03-2015, 03:22 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Originally Posted by highrolrcustoms
This is how my car is set up. they said I am losing about 40rwhp with a nitrous tune. Still drives just fine with no side affects
How long have you been running it like that?
Old 07-03-2015, 07:40 AM
highrolrcustoms
Instructor

Maybe 1000 miles. Mine only comes out a couple times a month. Seen bout 8 1/4 mile nitrous passes and a few street hits. No side affects

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous Build

Quick Reply: Nitrous Build