C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 402 Ysi build underway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 09:04 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default update

Hey guys just a little update for those of you who were wondering about the build. after a pile of delays the car is finally in the shop and being stripped as we speak. tuner thinks we will be up and running in a week and a half or so. ill keep everyone posted. so what numbers do you think ill lay down? Im hoping for around 850 or so.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Any pix of the car?

Depends on pulley im guessing 740whp with 3.85 on A&A
Old 09-05-2015, 10:49 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Originally Posted by Arctic Vette
Any pix of the car?

sorry bud here's the update on what's going to be installed.

A&A ysi 2.95 kit
10 rib with 52 mm bov
92 pound injectors
billet hd auto tensioner
A&A secondary drive
Innovators west 10% od
Alky control twin nozzle kit running on pure meth
A&A stage 2 fuel system ( dual pump )
forged 402 ls2 with mahle 2618 pistons
crank rated for 1500 hp
arp head and main studs
king bearings and cometic gaskets
rxt twin disc clutch, new throw out bearing
new slave and pilot bearing
tick adjustable master cylinder
stage 2 cnc ported 243 heads
corsa sports exhaust
kooks 1 3/4 headers with catless x pipe
160 stat
231/239 .617/.624 113 lsa cam (arun said this cam will make power)
all new valve train including timing chain and Inconel valves, and trunion upgrade

I'm hoping for somewhere around 850 or so. should be pretty close. the only thing im thinking that will hold me back is the smaller headers.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:55 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Originally Posted by Arctic Vette
Any pix of the car?

hey bud im currently in Africa and I have no access to pics of my car. I will post them up when I return home in October. cant wait to get her back. been along time coming but its worth the wait. shes just back from the paint shop recently too so shes looking good.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:14 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

I'd say 850whp+ for sure with a 2.95" blower pulley. different setup and was a 427 with MAST heads and slightly bigger cam but I just made ~850whp with a smaller D1SC blower with 3.55" blower pulley and I think I was having belt slip and some fuel issues.

if you're working with Arun that guys knows his ish but one thing i'd say is just be careful with the 243 heads, I had those on my last stroked ls2 setup and while the tune was a horrific mess done by someone with no business tuning, it was lifting the heads and i've read the 243 have at somewhat thin deck so easy to lift the heads. sounds like your motor is already together maybe so if so i wouldn't sweat it but if not and you can swing it maybe go with some aftermarket casting heads, even texas speed I think have the thicker deck and they are good price

I'd say driveline should be fine for street beatings, but if it were me i'd just replace the rubber couplers while its apart depending on the mileage they may have on them. They take a beating on these >600whp cars and can get little tears in them. It's cheap and easy to replace while the car is apart but if you have to do it later the whole drivetrain has to come out of course.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:06 PM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Originally Posted by neverstop
I'd say 850whp+ for sure with a 2.95" blower pulley. different setup and was a 427 with MAST heads and slightly bigger cam but I just made ~850whp with a smaller D1SC blower with 3.55" blower pulley and I think I was having belt slip and some fuel issues.

if you're working with Arun that guys knows his ish but one thing i'd say is just be careful with the 243 heads, I had those on my last stroked ls2 setup and while the tune was a horrific mess done by someone with no business tuning, it was lifting the heads and i've read the 243 have at somewhat thin deck so easy to lift the heads. sounds like your motor is already together maybe so if so i wouldn't sweat it but if not and you can swing it maybe go with some aftermarket casting heads, even texas speed I think have the thicker deck and they are good price

I'd say driveline should be fine for street beatings, but if it were me i'd just replace the rubber couplers while its apart depending on the mileage they may have on them. They take a beating on these >600whp cars and can get little tears in them. It's cheap and easy to replace while the car is apart but if you have to do it later the whole drivetrain has to come out of course.
hey bud thanks for the advice. well I was wondering about the heads too but I was thinking because we are running 9.5 to 1 compression and 100% meth the chances of detonation would be extremely low. ive heard the horror stories about some 243 heads but I was under the assumption that detonation would lift the heads before boost would. having said that I hope with the low compression we are running and the fact that its a 100% pure meth setup I should be fine..... if not well I guess it will soon be time for a set of trick flows!!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:01 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

dont go under 10:1 unless you plan on running big boost. you just rob yourself of extra hp and low down torque. 2.95 cog at 9.2 and decent heads u may only see 15 or so # of boost, speak to a few shops about comp ratios and ur setup and goals
Old 09-08-2015, 03:08 PM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Originally Posted by croatbob
dont go under 10:1 unless you plan on running big boost. you just rob yourself of extra hp and low down torque. 2.95 cog at 9.2 and decent heads u may only see 15 or so # of boost, speak to a few shops about comp ratios and ur setup and goals
well that's the thing. I will be running big boost next year once we switch to the 2.75 pulley. unfortunately up here in Newfoundland Canada we can only get 91 octane fuel so we are keeping the compression a little lower and running 100% meth to help out.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:54 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Originally Posted by C6vettegfw
well that's the thing. I will be running big boost next year once we switch to the 2.75 pulley. unfortunately up here in Newfoundland Canada we can only get 91 octane fuel so we are keeping the compression a little lower and running 100% meth to help out.
a 2.75 isnt big boost. that will fetch u under 20lbs on your combo. im talking 25 plus. im running a 2.95 and only drawing 14lbs. e85 available?? fuel availabilty is an issue on builds like this
Old 09-08-2015, 03:57 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I think he would make more than 20. My 402 has bigger headers and better flowing heads, and I make 19.5 lbs with a 3.0 pulley.

Every setup is a little different so its tough to know exactly.

Sounds like a fun build.........
Old 09-08-2015, 04:01 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I think he would make more than 20. My 402 has bigger headers and better flowing heads, and I make 19.5 lbs with a 3.0 pulley.

Every setup is a little different so its tough to know exactly.

Sounds like a fun build.........
what comp and heads tho? unreal's make 18.5 lbs from memory with 10:1 and prc 265cc heads and a 2.75 cog
Old 09-08-2015, 04:15 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

what comp and heads tho? unreal's make 18.5 lbs from memory with 10:1 and prc 265cc heads and a 2.75 cog
10:1........ Edelbrock 245s done by WCCH. Shows how every combo is a little different.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:21 PM
croatbob
Drifting

Originally Posted by realcanuk
10:1........ Edelbrock 245s done by WCCH. Shows how every combo is a little different.
ah yep with 245s and 10:1 that makes sense.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:57 PM
C6vettegfw
Pro

a 2.75 isnt big boost. that will fetch u under 20lbs on your combo. im talking 25 plus. im running a 2.95 and only drawing 14lbs. e85 available?? fuel availabilty is an issue on builds like this
I know fuel availability is an issue that's why we are keeping a lower compression.... and as canuk said every build is different. hopefully in the next week or so everything will be buttoned up and we will see what this old girl will put down.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:15 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Default another update......

well guys we are slowly making a little headway. unfortunately there is more delays. the stroker kit still hasn't arrived in Vancouver yet which is baffling as this was ordered months ago. for future reference ill just order my own parts... anyways the motor is out of the car and dismantled. he is also installing and running the gauge pod and gauges and also installing the meth pump. that's all we can do at the minute until the rotating assembly shows up so I got to thinking about running the car in the 1/4 mile next year and came up with a list of parts that im going to start ordering. im also going to pulley down next year with the 2.75 and aim for 1000 rwhp or so. so here's the list of parts and you guys can tell me what you would add to it or subtract.

DSS left and right hardened half shafts
DSS carbon fiber drive shaft
DSS level 5 axle and hub package
ECS trans and rear brace
ECS torque tamer
Brembo 6 piston front breaks 14"
Brembo 4 piston rear breaks 13.6"
LG motorsports GT2 coilover kit with upgraded sway bars
RPM level V six speed trans
Hoosier 275-40-17's DOT slicks on 17 inch repro zo6 wheels

so what do you guys think???
Old 09-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Mike Farris
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I would skip all the suspension and brakes. Buy drag spindles, 15" Street radial pros and let it eat.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:46 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Not sure that those wheels will clear big brakes. I would look into that before spending the money.

Get notified of new replies

To LS2 402 Ysi build underway!!!

Old 09-20-2015, 11:17 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

What happened to being in a budget?! Hahah....im the same way...we should all move to collecting diamonds and drugs so we can have cheaper addictions...lol.

I was not thrilled with the Hoosier and thing there are better options out now. They were sticky when brand new but did not age well. I'm going with m&h race masters as replacement.

That's all top shelf stuff though. Not sure if you're still on a t56 but if upgrading drive train do the tr6060 for sure or don't do the upgrade imo

Originally Posted by C6vettegfw
well guys we are slowly making a little headway. unfortunately there is more delays. the stroker kit still hasn't arrived in Vancouver yet which is baffling as this was ordered months ago. for future reference ill just order my own parts... anyways the motor is out of the car and dismantled. he is also installing and running the gauge pod and gauges and also installing the meth pump. that's all we can do at the minute until the rotating assembly shows up so I got to thinking about running the car in the 1/4 mile next year and came up with a list of parts that im going to start ordering. im also going to pulley down next year with the 2.75 and aim for 1000 rwhp or so. so here's the list of parts and you guys can tell me what you would add to it or subtract.

DSS left and right hardened half shafts
DSS carbon fiber drive shaft
DSS level 5 axle and hub package
ECS trans and rear brace
ECS torque tamer
Brembo 6 piston front breaks 14"
Brembo 4 piston rear breaks 13.6"
LG motorsports GT2 coilover kit with upgraded sway bars
RPM level V six speed trans
Hoosier 275-40-17's DOT slicks on 17 inch repro zo6 wheels

so what do you guys think???
Old 09-21-2015, 03:52 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Originally Posted by neverstop
What happened to being in a budget?! Hahah....im the same way...we should all move to collecting diamonds and drugs so we can have cheaper addictions...lol.

I was not thrilled with the Hoosier and thing there are better options out now. They were sticky when brand new but did not age well. I'm going with m&h race masters as replacement.

That's all top shelf stuff though. Not sure if you're still on a t56 but if upgrading drive train do the tr6060 for sure or don't do the upgrade imo
hey bud yeah I was on a budget for a while because a few of us didn't know about our jobs..... working in the oil and gas sector right now offshore and with the price of crude there are lots of layoffs. fortunately I just found out I wasn't affected by the 3600 people my company just laid off so its back to my crazy car parts addiction lol. anyways I will figure out something with this list sooner or later but for the mean time im just getting some advice from the guys who are willing to share. I want to drag the car and not have to worry about constantly breaking parts so I figured id go with top quality parts. cheers bud.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:06 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

hey bud. I just noticed you said 9.2 well that was the original compression we were going to go with. we opted for a different kit that should put us right around 9.7 to 1

Quick Reply: LS2 402 Ysi build underway!!!