C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What rpm does your meth start spraying at?

Old 07-16-2015, 11:05 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Default What rpm does your meth start spraying at?

been noticing that the method (armed) light comes on early,but the meth (spraying)light doesn't come on til 4k+ rpm? This seem late in the rpm range to begin spraying? Anyway to test if it is the light (little flickery) or the meth spraying?
Old 07-16-2015, 11:08 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

What system are you using?

If you have an alky control kit, then when the LED is red, it's spraying. When it turns green, the system has reached 50psi
Old 07-16-2015, 11:53 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

I have alky control system as well.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:56 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Then explain which lights you are talking about and what color(s) they are. There isn't a light that I know of that is labeled "armed".

There's a test button on the controller... hit it and the LED will turn red. If you turn the **** to 10 on a single nozzle system, hit the button it should turn red then green. On dual nozzle systems I don't know if it will turn green or not since it doesn't build as much pressure.

Last edited by schpenxel; 07-16-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:41 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Most aren't activated by RPM. Most are activated by boost levels either by a map sensor or using the MAF if your still using it etc... Nothing wrong with the RPM as long as your not making a ton of boost before that. It lets you cruise around with out using up your meth when you probably don't need it etc...
Old 07-17-2015, 08:35 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by inspector12
Most aren't activated by RPM. Most are activated by boost levels either by a map sensor or using the MAF if your still using it etc... Nothing wrong with the RPM as long as your not making a ton of boost before that. It lets you cruise around with out using up your meth when you probably don't need it etc...
Correct.. it's not directly tied to RPM. It's tied to boost or MAF frequency depending on how it's setup. Most use boost though.

I'm still not clear which light he's talking about though. If he thinks the led that changes from red to green is "armed" when it's red, then that is wrong
Old 07-17-2015, 08:38 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Then explain which lights you are talking about and what color(s) they are. There isn't a light that I know of that is labeled "armed".

There's a test button on the controller... hit it and the LED will turn red. If you turn the **** to 10 on a single nozzle system, hit the button it should turn red then green. On dual nozzle systems I don't know if it will turn green or not since it doesn't build as much pressure.
Nothing going says (armed) lol....just a term I used....when I got alkyl control system (used), the led didn't work so we got 2 separate led'a and wired them together (ordered new led but haven't installed yet). Colors are red/yellow. Red comes on first under hard acceleration (about 2500rpm),then yellow around (4-4500 rpm). This seem accurate?
Old 07-17-2015, 08:51 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
Nothing going says (armed) lol....just a term I used....when I got alkyl control system (used), the led didn't work so we got 2 separate led'a and wired them together (ordered new led but haven't installed yet). Colors are red/yellow. Red comes on first under hard acceleration (about 2500rpm),then yellow around (4-4500 rpm). This seem accurate?
Yes, that's about what mine does too as far as when the lights come on/change

So, basically it starts spraying at 2500. Then the system reaches 50psi at around 4000 RPM's.

Sounds about right to me.

Single nozzle or dual?
Old 07-17-2015, 08:54 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Single
Old 07-17-2015, 11:23 AM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

seems about right to me. only way to verify if it's working properly though is to have a tuner look at it and check the a/f when it comes on. if your car was tuned for meth and your system is having issues potentially i'd be very very careful
Old 07-17-2015, 11:27 AM
7SECONDS
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My Meth is controlled by Boost. Red LED at 2psi of Boost Green LED at 7psi of Boost.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:44 PM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

About 2800rpm red and 3600 green
Old 07-17-2015, 07:55 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by neverstop
seems about right to me. only way to verify if it's working properly though is to have a tuner look at it and check the a/f when it comes on. if your car was tuned for meth and your system is having issues potentially i'd be very very careful
Not tuned for meth.....just a safety setup
Old 07-18-2015, 04:16 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TTZ06VETTE
About 2800rpm red and 3600 green
sorry to hijack but is this with a dual nozzle setup TTz06?

I just got my car back so not sure if working properly but I never get green now with the dual nozzle setup
Old 07-18-2015, 08:34 PM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I just got my car back so not sure if working properly but I never get green now with the dual nozzle setup
Single nozzle. I'm right on the border between single and dual with my HP but I went with single as I didn't want to drown the engine with meth. Single has worked perfect. Mid 10 AFR's under full boost and no Kr with pretty aggressive total timing.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:16 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

When I was reading about alky kits when I was waiting on mine to come in I saw that this was pretty normal. There was also the warning that when testing a dual nozzle system, the LED won't green.

It just doesn't build enough pressure with the flow rate that high. It has to reach ~50psi for the LED to switch green.

Or at least that's what I remember. I don't have a dual nozzle setup though. Maybe one day
Old 07-18-2015, 11:30 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TTZ06VETTE
Single nozzle. I'm right on the border between single and dual with my HP but I went with single as I didn't want to drown the engine with meth. Single has worked perfect. Mid 10 AFR's under full boost and no Kr with pretty aggressive total timing.
thanks, I'm not sure where the whp line is but I should be ~800whp and, while I'm not 100% sure the methanol system is functioning perfectly since I may have some other symptoms, I can't get it to ever go green under basically any circumstances, although I'm not beating on the car really since it's not done tuning, but even sitting at idle and holding down the meth button i can hear the pump going but no green. I guess that's normal. I believe my dual nozzle setup has the large tips on it too.

end of thread hijack!

Get notified of new replies

To What rpm does your meth start spraying at?

Old 07-19-2015, 07:39 AM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
When I was reading about alky kits when I was waiting on mine to come in I saw that this was pretty normal. There was also the warning that when testing a dual nozzle system, the LED won't green.

It just doesn't build enough pressure with the flow rate that high. It has to reach ~50psi for the LED to switch green.

Or at least that's what I remember. I don't have a dual nozzle setup though. Maybe one day
This has been my experience as well. Switched from single to dual and tuned by Vengeance Racing.

Depressing the test button the light will fire red and the car sounds like it will stall and recovers. Never goes green after the upgrade (test only).

It's working while driving though as it lights red @WOT then green shortly afterwards, and then hold on for dear life.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:47 AM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector12
Yes, and red doesn't mean "armed" it means its spraying. Green only indicates its at full PSI, or maximum spray.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:02 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Green = 50psi. It will still go higher than that, there's just no indicator for it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What rpm does your meth start spraying at?