C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000hp KP Racing Built Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 11:06 AM
0KP Racing
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tuomas,
Yes technically that car own a record but the problem is they won't compete in events where others can compete. Do you see any other cars at his event in the background? They took it upon them self to use a NASA runway, which is kinda like setting a record at test and tune on a Friday night at the drag strip did it happen yes, does anyone accept it as a record? Maybe maybe not. In my racing world the record has to be set at a sanction event, they also went 283 in a ford gt. Ok so I will concede that that is the record and it will get smashed at this OCT Texas mile, but If I had access to the air strip that they ran on we would have went faster, as the Texas mile is not the best for traction. The Nasa runway is like glass. Texas Mile, Mojavie mile, East coast timing association, all have mile events, but to bring a sanction body for Europe to the us to print a certificate. I mean correct me if I am wrong but I have never heard of the IMRA. And I have been racing the mile since the Texas association started.

We use Hoosier R6s as they get ran for 220mph road racing for hrs road racing, and they are light weight tires, and centrifugal force becomes a big issue at these speeds, it is also the only tire I can get that is 29 inches tall.

The Camaro had a right front tire failure, that was NOT related to the aero parts on the car. The tires become the most important part in these events, and we change tires eveyday.

We have a AEM Infinity with boost by gear/speed, and AEM traction control.

Its at the chassis shop getting a few more bars added right now but when it gets back I will get pic of the fuel pump.

Gear ratio are 2.56 for this car.

Last edited by KP Racing; 07-30-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:44 PM
yur2slo
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
Let's see pics and hear details on the mechanical pump..
x2 - Interested in seeing the fuel setup
Old 07-31-2015, 05:27 PM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by KP Racing
Tuomas,
Yes technically that car own a record but the problem is they won't compete in events where others can compete. Do you see any other cars at his event in the background? They took it upon them self to use a NASA runway, which is kinda like setting a record at test and tune on a Friday night at the drag strip did it happen yes, does anyone accept it as a record? Maybe maybe not. In my racing world the record has to be set at a sanction event, they also went 283 in a ford gt. Ok so I will concede that that is the record and it will get smashed at this OCT Texas mile, but If I had access to the air strip that they ran on we would have went faster, as the Texas mile is not the best for traction. The Nasa runway is like glass. Texas Mile, Mojavie mile, East coast timing association, all have mile events, but to bring a sanction body for Europe to the us to print a certificate. I mean correct me if I am wrong but I have never heard of the IMRA. And I have been racing the mile since the Texas association started.

We use Hoosier R6s as they get ran for 220mph road racing for hrs road racing, and they are light weight tires, and centrifugal force becomes a big issue at these speeds, it is also the only tire I can get that is 29 inches tall.

The Camaro had a right front tire failure, that was NOT related to the aero parts on the car. The tires become the most important part in these events, and we change tires eveyday.

Its at the chassis shop getting a few more bars added right now but when it gets back I will get pic of the fuel pump.

Much interesting information, thanks.
Dont remember when and where, but some place I have heard never use R6's on standing mile.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:59 PM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Tuomas,

They created the IMRA and that same IMRA were the ones that set up and verified the "record" run. The 252mph pass from the C5Z was claimed to have under 1000whp . The fastest mile car is M2K's GT, it's no coincidence that nobody heard of IMRA before or after the "record" was set.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:02 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Congrats guys!

I hope you hit your mile goal!
Old 08-02-2015, 07:55 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by CFHay
They created the IMRA and that same IMRA were the ones that set up and verified the "record" run. The 252mph pass from the C5Z was claimed to have under 1000whp . The fastest mile car is M2K's GT, it's no coincidence that nobody heard of IMRA before or after the "record" was set.
I didn't want to start the thread hijack, but when Tuomas posted that, I didn't want to say anything. I was a big mile follower from the beginning, and all their claims were so bogus. I got a lot of flack for years defending cars like SW's Supra, Hennessey(Now M2K) GT and Bise/KP Camaro Racing as being the fastest standing mile cars in the world. The pissing matches I got in with guys on other boards about how their claimed MPH just wasn't possible got so old. Hinson built a legit single big turbo C5z that to my knowledge, is the fastest Vette to date at the Ohio Mile. Those guys made a claim of running 250's many years ago, came to Texas, and I'm not sure if they even hit 225 and never returned to compete even after getting called out.

When you own the sanctioning body, timing equipment, etc, it's pretty easy to claim a number.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:30 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Enough of the BS regarding speeds etc! Let's just see some more pics of the car. KP got any of the pipework and the intercooler setup? Cheers.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:06 PM
0KP Racing
Former Vendor

I think there are some pics of the build going together on our Facebook page a long time ago. The record that most accept is the Hinson record of 244mph which was at A ECTA event, is the one we are looking to break. I mean come on who make a sanction body with two people, and very vague rule and such. The Texas Mile, SCTA (Southern California timing association also run Bonneville speed records) and ECTA (East coast timing association),are accepted timing associations
Old 10-30-2015, 10:48 PM
0KP Racing
Former Vendor

240.9 rained at the mile so we did not get to make very many runs. 30ish lbs in Erdman and 4th gear no nos yet.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:04 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I think there are some pics of the build going together on our Facebook page a long time ago. The record that most accept is the Hinson record of 244mph which was at A ECTA event, is the one we are looking to break. I mean come on who make a sanction body with two people, and very vague rule and such. The Texas Mile, SCTA (Southern California timing association also run Bonneville speed records) and ECTA (East coast timing association),are accepted timing associations
Isn't that the Hinson vette with the single turbo 118mm precision?

-Curtis
Old 10-31-2015, 03:43 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

It's pretty sad that people still accept the FordGT and Corvette Mile record record by that clown out in Florida. I gave up about 2 years ago arguing with people on the net about it. Good job Joe and crew. I got an update from Hussam T.

I remember when that car had a D1 and I had a T trim at the first Half Mile. What a long way it has come. I was car "701"

Last edited by winters97gt; 10-31-2015 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:40 AM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I didn't see it mentioned. Is this a lsx block?
Old 10-31-2015, 10:57 AM
0KP Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by usmcpony
I didn't see it mentioned. Is this a lsx block?
Yes it is a LSX Block.

Quick Reply: 2000hp KP Racing Built Z06