C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interested in fi ls7 - belt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 01:27 PM
timvan
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Interested in fi ls7 - belt?

Do all the supercharger kits throw belts on the ls7? Seems like everyone I know with one has belt issues. What's the cure or preventative measures?
Old 07-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Nope.

Depends on kit and power level. Base kits, just run them as is but make sure alignment is good. I know plenty of ECS/A&A and even maybe 1-2 PC cars that have 20-30k miles on them with original belt. Belt issues typically pop up from poor installation or pushing a belt setup past its limits. Running a small pulley, etc and causing slip.

Even a high HP setup can have very little belt issues. Direct drives, cogs, 8 rib, 10 ribs, etc are all possible solutions depending on the setup.

I would bet the people with belt issues are few compared to the many that run just fine. You just hear about them more.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:10 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Not an LS7 here.. but alignment is key. I destroyed my first belt pretty quick. After fixing the alignment I went several thousand mies in a month or two without any problems whatsoever, with a belt that was stretched all to hell (long story). I haven't had any belt issues since getting the alignment right.

Lots on here recommend the gates alignment tool.. Dayco makes one too that I think should be considered. It lets you see the plane each pulley is on instead of just a straight line from one point

Get notified of new replies

To Interested in fi ls7 - belt?

Quick Reply: Interested in fi ls7 - belt?