C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions/indecisions

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 10:08 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

So how much rwhp could I expect from a basic procharger kit, bone stock LS2? Would it be the same with other kits?
Old 08-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RicardoFors68
So how much rwhp could I expect from a basic procharger kit, bone stock LS2? Would it be the same with other kits?
Any modern blower kit is going to give you in a the neighborhood of 20 RWHP per pound of boost, the details of the kits (fitment, install, etc.) are going to vary, as is the power curve based on the type of system. Research before you buy. That's my advice.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:01 AM
highrolrcustoms
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a screen shot from the ECS website for a LS2 system. Says 200hp but that is at flywheel so i would estimate 150rwhp gain to be safe. Add meth injection and you can add more boost for more rwhp.
Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:10 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Thinking a procharger kit to tryto reach 470rwhp
Old 08-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Thinking a procharger kit to tryto reach 470rwhp
Not trying to be rude, but this kind of info has been repeated over and over again for the last 8 years I've been on this forum. Tons of info and threads just like this.

While I don't have a problem with the Procharger head units, I think most would agree that there are better options if you want a centrifugal supercharger system for a C6. A&A and ECS have their kits really ironed out. Both have their pluses and minuses, but I prefer A&A's intercooler design myself. I think either is a better choice than a Procharger kit.

But like others have mentioned, if you want a broad torque curve then a PD blower may be a wiser choice. A typical low-boost (pump gas) centri kit doesn't make much boost below ~3500 rpm.

Like I keep saying, you REALLY need to spend some time doing some reading. Figure out what YOU want from the car, then go from there.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Why are people hung up on wanting a procharger setup? Is that just all they know about or something?

I'm not sure if the 470rwhp goal is a joke or not..? People regularly get 600rwhp out of the A&A and ECS kits on LS2's.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:26 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

I'm being told that I shouldn't expect much of a stock LS2 auto, that 600rwhp can't be done just with a basic kit. I would need headers, maybe meth. It's because im reading a lot of forum posts that it makes it hard to decide, almost no one just adds a kit without adding something else. ECS, A&A, Procharger, etc, all have pros and cons. I know nothing about supercharging, from outside, it looks like a viable way of adding horsepower.
Obviously it's all up to me, my car, my mods, my choices. Nothing wrong with seeking knowledge from those more fortunate than me, maybe learn from someone else's mistakes. No offesene taken though, I hear you loud and clear.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Do A&A or ECS n done... 600whp will be had..
Old 08-04-2015, 11:13 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Let me give you another perspective.....

With a set amount of money I find myself not quite conviced as to which direction to take.....
2006 z51, a6. All stock

Want just one major mod to the engine performance-wise; option one with a 150 shot of NO2, headers, cai, and tune. Option two would be to supercharge, maybe headers, tuned.
Not a daily driver, planning on maybe a track or two a year, little club meeting jaunts, and occasional car show entry.
My first thought was SC, no brainer right? But a lot of cheese on a stock engine. That basically will sit in my driveway.
Then with a little less money I could spray and hope to dyno something decent, just in case zombies attack or whatever. Not sure what hp numbers to expect out of either mod high 400s with NO2, maybe the same with SC.
Your thoughts? Thanks in advance people
Let me give you another perspective not mentioned here....

You have an A6 car and a budget.

My advice, don't buy parts based on HP or WOT numbers.

For your particular vehicle....

VARARAM, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, MY Pro Torque 2800 Converter, My 3.42 REAR END,

Some nice Borla Stingers or NPPS, Chuck CoW TUNE, stat, & CoW BOOSTER! package.

Easily a low 11 sec car... EXTREMELY fun to drive, Above all else...Reliable with NO ********.

A car you can drive cross country without batting an eye, get good mileage, and not worry about.

Don't get lost thinking HP #'s directly equate to fun.

You have an A6 car that will impress the hell out of you.....on a budget.

If you never do more than this, you'll have an amazing Car.

IF you decide to go futher, you'll already have all of necessary mods to go to the next step...

Wanna step it up a notch.... Our C6 A6 CoW CAM package for down the road.... and an E-Force the following year.

We've done a few of these combos recently and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Call any time.
914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
Old 08-05-2015, 01:02 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Yet another angle, thanks!
Old 08-13-2015, 07:24 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Thank you all for your patience and advise. I'm going with an A&A kit , Si-trim, V3. Upgraded to Tial Q. Not doing headers for now. Still reading all I can find on tube sizes, not as easy as I thought, reading all kinds of arguments for 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 for my head unit size, auto trans, etc. So let's get it installed and tuned, and I'll go from there.
Want to be in the 500 , but my tuner thinks I might fall short of the mark with no headers and possibly a smaller pulley. Anyway, kit, and the other stuff is already on order, if I find a good deal on headers I might do them before he wants the car back and have him tune them in.
Thoughts? Once again, thanks guys for your input.....
Old 08-13-2015, 07:34 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

i'd say find a good shop FIRST, find a shop that has done at least 8+ of these supercharged C6 vettes in the past 12-18 months and then just drop it off and go with what they recommend. If i i were you i'd just take my car to ECS and have them work their magic. you'll be at 600whp easy imo with methanol injection which is a 10sec car with driving and tires.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:54 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by neverstop
i'd say find a good shop FIRST, find a shop that has done at least 8+ of these supercharged C6 vettes in the past 12-18 months and then just drop it off and go with what they recommend. If i i were you i'd just take my car to ECS and have them work their magic. you'll be at 600whp easy imo with methanol injection which is a 10sec car with driving and tires.
Agree.

Enjoy it either way
Old 08-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you all for your patience and advise. I'm going with an A&A kit , Si-trim, V3. Upgraded to Tial Q. Not doing headers for now. Still reading all I can find on tube sizes, not as easy as I thought, reading all kinds of arguments for 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 for my head unit size, auto trans, etc. So let's get it installed and tuned, and I'll go from there.
Want to be in the 500 , but my tuner thinks I might fall short of the mark with no headers and possibly a smaller pulley. Anyway, kit, and the other stuff is already on order, if I find a good deal on headers I might do them before he wants the car back and have him tune them in.
Thoughts? Once again, thanks guys for your input.....
I have some headers and matching x pipe that I'm planning to sell. The headers are JBA 1 3/4 stainless steel with the v-band collector. Since JBA doesn't sell an x pipe for those headers in particular, I used an aluminized Kooks off road x pipe and welded the v-band adapters that comes with the kit. Mine is an 08 so it should fit yours. I don't think there's a difference between manuals and autos.

They fit just fine in mine, but I upgraded to 1 7/8s since I have an LS3 with the ECS kit, cam and waiting to install methanol kit. I can send you pics if you like. Pm me if you are interested. I won't hit you with the corvette tax lol
Old 08-13-2015, 09:07 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Pitufina, pm sent!

I believe I found a good shop, I think that the tuner guy is playing his hand conservatively and probably try to impress with bigger numbers in the end. They have done numerous sc installs, his cars showcase are impressive LS platforms, for me at least. He has worked on my previous corvette with great results.
Maybe is because I've been texting and calling him almost on a daily basis..... That's my bad, but also my money......
Old 08-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Pitufina, pm sent!
Replied!
Old 08-14-2015, 08:02 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

I think that my tuner says just under 500 because I kept mentioning the word reliable and that might make him not try to squeeze the most hp possible.
I keep running into the 20rwhp per lb of boost, so I should be around 8psi x 20= 160rwhp. Add around 320-330 for a stock LS2 and that comes up to 480-490 rwhp. No headers, no meth, etc. So are these numbers on the money? Can he tune more out of this?
He said that if I wanted to go down on pulley size to go with headers at the same time. I want to experiment with stock exhaust manifold, but I might be building too much back pressure due to the exhaust being restricted. Could I go to 10psi on a 3.8 pulley, stock motor?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:33 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Something to think about is LS7 exhaust manifolds/cats/exhaust is a fairly cheap upgrade that flows quite well for the money. Not as good as longtubes, but also a lot cheaper and retains factory catalytic converters, etc.

I am not familiar enough with the A&A kit to say much else

Quick Reply: Decisions/indecisions