C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more questions for my future ecs install

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 06:28 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

Default more questions for my future ecs install

still waiting on my ecs to show up. been studying the board for a while to get my game plan together since I will doing the install myself. Few questions come to mind as I prepare.

Is there really a need to use a racetronix harness for the BOP? I plan on mounting the module under the hood on the rt side. Seems like I have seen a few of you move it to this location.

Wide band sensor.... can it be mounted where my rear O2 bung is now or do I need to be prepared to have another bung welded in? also is it one for each bank, or you just monitor one side?
Currently have long tubes with cats.

Any wide band kits better than others or any that I should stay away from?

Are you guys logging your boost, intake temps, fuel pressures or are you running separate gauges?
Old 09-27-2015, 07:43 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by russ472
still waiting on my ecs to show up. been studying the board for a while to get my game plan together since I will doing the install myself. Few questions come to mind as I prepare.

Is there really a need to use a racetronix harness for the BOP? I plan on mounting the module under the hood on the rt side. Seems like I have seen a few of you move it to this location.

Wide band sensor.... can it be mounted where my rear O2 bung is now or do I need to be prepared to have another bung welded in? also is it one for each bank, or you just monitor one side?
Currently have long tubes with cats.

Any wide band kits better than others or any that I should stay away from?

Are you guys logging your boost, intake temps, fuel pressures or are you running separate gauges?
Racetronix harness is worth the very low cost. It also puts the boost-a-pump closer to the pump, which is a good thing. The stock wiring is anemic

Wideband has to be before catalytic converter, if you have them. So.. the answer depends on that.

I'm using a PLX gen 4 wideband (4.9) setup. That is what I would recommend.

I'm using dash logic and just logging boost and AFR. I've added a fuel pressure sensor but haven't wired it in yet.

You'll need a different MAP sensor if you haven't already ordered one.

What year is your car? ZR1 sensor works fine for most.. just not so much on 05's
Old 09-27-2015, 09:11 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

its an 08

Get notified of new replies

To more questions for my future ecs install

Quick Reply: more questions for my future ecs install