C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G6X3 cam only going FI

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:02 AM
slowls3
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default G6X3 cam only going FI

Just looking for some insight and what I can expect from my new setup I have coming. Currently have an 09 A6 (around 11k miles) with a yank ss 3600, kooks long tubes and orx with b&b bullets, G6X3 cam and supporting springs etc..
Next week I drop it off to get an ECS1500 and ECS stage 1 fuel installed and tuned. My shop will not do meth install so might look into that next spring but going to try it out like this for now. I know the cam I have is not a "blower" cam but I love it and was insured it would be fine without needing to change. I know the A6 is a weak link and I'm hoping to get it through this year and then look into having century upgrade it next spring around the same time as the meth. Any insight would be helpful on what to expect or need to know.
Thanks
Old 09-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

You wont NEED to change but with another cam youd get better gains. Im still running my all motor cam on my turbo car and it works fine.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:00 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

You're leaving little, if anything, on the table power wise. You could make similar power with better manners with a well specced blower cam. If you like the manners now, there's absolutely no reason to fool with the cam. What you can expect.....a rocket ship once the revs are up a little

Get notified of new replies

To G6X3 cam only going FI

Quick Reply: G6X3 cam only going FI