C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P2138

Old 10-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

Default P2138

About a month ago I started getting this but only after a pull or a big bump. Previously the Throttle harness got caught in the belt and damaged it. I had to solder a bunch of wires. So I figured that was the issue. After redoing it all, the issue was still there. My buddy was able to squeezed under the dash and look at the pedal which he said looked brand new as if it were replaced before I got the car. He unplugged the harness, inspected it then plugged it back in. Took the car out and it was fine for over a month.

Took the car out last night after changing some things. After 3 pulls, it came back....

Form what I read, when the issue is the pedal it happens all of the time, not just only after a pull.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:35 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...this-time.html

Found this. It mentions cleaning a connector somewhere that gets corroded. Not sure which connector it is though. Hopefully it will be of some help to get you going in the right direction.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...this-time.html

Found this. It mentions cleaning a connector somewhere that gets corroded. Not sure which connector it is though. Hopefully it will be of some help to get you going in the right direction.
Thanks for taking the time to find a thread for me. I saw that one last night, to be honest since i started my build my car hasnt bee washed or seen rain Im going to try to clean all the conenctions today after work in hopes that it helps though
Old 10-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Update:

Cleaned every connection multiple times and good so far!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Back again.... It came back after moving the Tps wire harness slightly to keep it away from the belt. I cut back the wires as far as I could and wired in a new connector with pig tails, and the code is still there. It has stayed on constantly since I first adjusted the harness. Im starting to think I may need to replace the engine harness completely, does anyone know where to source one for a 2005 m6?
Old 11-23-2015, 10:07 AM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Ive seen this code also happen on higher HP cars when the intake tube wasn't stiff enough and would start to collapse under WOT from boost. More evident with to long of lengths of rubber hose near the throttle body.

If its mainly doing it during or after WOT, that maybe something to look for, it its happening just cruising while not really boosting, its either the harness or pedal. If it started to fail only after the wires got damaged, it could be that and possibly now not receiving a proper voltage signal.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette
Ive seen this code also happen on higher HP cars when the intake tube wasn't stiff enough and would start to collapse under WOT from boost. More evident with to long of lengths of rubber hose near the throttle body.

If its mainly doing it during or after WOT, that maybe something to look for, it its happening just cruising while not really boosting, its either the harness or pedal. If it started to fail only after the wires got damaged, it could be that and possibly now not receiving a proper voltage signal.
Ever since I moved the harness a few days ago , it has been on since. Im about to light this thing on fire and get a gtr...
The following users liked this post:
Arctic Vette (11-23-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 12:19 PM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude_man
Ever since I moved the harness a few days ago , it has been on since. Im about to light this thing on fire and get a gtr...
I was also considering a GTR hopefully they come down a bit
Old 11-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Does anyone know the layout for the wires that would cause the code? Thinking about running new wires from the pcm. I believe it's the purple and green wires that cause the code but I'm not 100% sure
Old 11-23-2015, 06:16 PM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude_man
Does anyone know the layout for the wires that would cause the code? Thinking about running new wires from the pcm. I believe it's the purple and green wires that cause the code but I'm not 100% sure
Mine threw this code and it turned out to be my throttle body. I know it went from randomly like once every few months to progressively worse then finally stayed on as soon as i started the car.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by BLWN427
Mine threw this code and it turned out to be my throttle body. I know it went from randomly like once every few months to progressively worse then finally stayed on as soon as i started the car.
I'll try that out and see how it goes
Old 11-23-2015, 06:58 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

After my last build I was getting a code P2135 which looks to be a very similar problem. After searching it turned out to be one of the throttle body wires. I had extended them, although the connections I made seemed good, one wire had just the slightest bit of looseness in the connection. So little that I really couldn't believe it was the problem, but since redoing that connection, I never got the code again.

Just throwing that out in case it might help..... these wires are unbelievable sensitive... connections have to be perfect.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by realcanuk
After my last build I was getting a code P2135 which looks to be a very similar problem. After searching it turned out to be one of the throttle body wires. I had extended them, although the connections I made seemed good, one wire had just the slightest bit of looseness in the connection. So little that I really couldn't believe it was the problem, but since redoing that connection, I never got the code again.

Just throwing that out in case it might help..... these wires are unbelievable sensitive... connections have to be perfect.
I'm almost certain it's something to do with the harness since it used to only Coke on after a pull or a bump. I cleaned all connections and zip ties the harness and it never came back.... Till I had to move the harness. The wires were kinked so I ordered a new connector and pig tails and cut the linked wires back then soldered the connections. The car ran for 20 minutes with no code, then it came back and is on all of the time again. It's so frustrating!!! I just fixed some other things on the car, and was getting ready to go tune in on a little more boost.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Brand new TB and still did the same thing.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:10 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

You said you played with the connection on the pedal and it was good for a month.. Maybe look back at that area.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by realcanuk
You said you played with the connection on the pedal and it was good for a month.. Maybe look back at that area.
I tried that again, no go. The weird part is with hp tuners you can pull up all the tps % and volts and nothing is weird with them. As volts rise on one the other falls, as it should from what I'm reading. It's driving me nuts.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:38 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I've read that the spike or drop out or whatever is happening can happen faster than you'll be able to see in HPT, especially on an E40 which is pretty slow (I feel your pain)

Whether it's true or not, I have no idea. Seems like sooner or later you'd spot it though..

Get notified of new replies

To P2138

Old 11-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

I've read that the spike or drop out or whatever is happening can happen faster than you'll be able to see in HPT, especially on an E40 which is pretty slow (I feel your pain)

Whether it's true or not, I have no idea. Seems like sooner or later you'd spot it though..
Im seriously thinking about putting in the Holley EFI since it comes with a new harness etc.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:48 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

That's one way to fix it!
Old 11-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

That's one way to fix it!
I have one brand new at the shop with the touch screen display... its so temping

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P2138