C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

454 F2 Procharger With Dallas Performance Flip Cog drive Kit. Breaking Belts.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 10:13 PM
ZEX-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 454 DART F2 Procharger /Dallas Performance Flip Cog drive Kit. (WAS)Breaking Belts

Straight to the point. Making a **** ton of power...make my statements when I race but it's on about 10 races I get out of one Cog belt. I'll change them over and over again but if there is another option....I'd be open to listen.
I do not want to turbo my car. Dont want the heat.
If there is an F3 kit or a better Cog belt I'm listening.
Any chance someone has fabricated a Direct drive kit on the Vettes. Looks impossible.

I know alot of people are telling me the belts are gonna break and blah blah blah but I refuse to give up in my quest. I keep a belt changing kit in my car at all times now with spare accessory belts. Takes me about 10 min to swap them. Still....there has to be a better way. I love my F2 and want an F3.
Do the 10 rib belt drives work better? How are the F1X kits holding up with a 10 rib and a Cog belt wont.

Had High Air Intake Temps. (Being Addressed)

***New Custom Air to Water Intake Inside!!!!!!! Last Page.

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 02-13-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:42 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

LOL! I'm going to say it once and then I'll be on to try and help you. I told you sooo! LOL! I know it was a dick move, but I couldn't resist.
But I know Blownbluezo6 AKA Brett worked long and hard to get his re-designed to fix the same issues. So first thing is I'd talk to him and see if it is something you could do or maybe he's willing to sell etc... After that I'd have to say if you want to stay with an F2-3 I'd be looking at a gear drive setup and re-do your cooling system to try and accommodate your blower etc... I know most of the F1X guys running the 10rib setups are not immune to the same problem as when I talked to George (Pumpking) he kept quite a few belts in the car for when it happened. Took him about 20min to change one, but I think it frustrated him as well. Whitelightning is the only one not really having any major belt issues that I know of, but he doesn't beat on his car a ton. So not sure if David is a good representative of not having belt issues. Hope this little bit of information helps you mang.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:17 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

how much did you make with the 454/f2 setup?

all centris have belt issues till you figure out why the setup is having issues. AMP figured out mine and has used the same setup on a bunch of f1x cars now. cov drive with a stick shift wont live imo... unless you go auto you will eat cogged belts no matter which blower..

in dfw AMP has the procharged LS setup on LOCK!!!
The following users liked this post:
eguyett1985 (08-03-2020)
Old 10-23-2015, 11:13 AM
kromberg
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know of high HP cog setup that doesnt have issues. A guy here in Denver that knows his stuff has tried several custom cog setups with his F2 and issue after issue. Currently runnning a custom 12-rib setup with good success.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:06 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Not surprised. At least the broken belts help that built 6L80 last longer
Old 10-23-2015, 09:34 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Read my post in the thread linked below. The only thing I did not mention in that post is that I am running 3 tial Q bov's. 2 are located on the charge pipe just past the blower and the other is on the top of the intercooler.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eet-z06-2.html
Old 10-23-2015, 09:35 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Contact James aka "Playtoy" on here. I used to talk to him years ago when he had a hell of a time sorting out your exact same problem. He's a racer as well and hits the track and street.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:36 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Speak of the devil...
Old 10-24-2015, 08:28 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Will procharger's sprag pulley (do they even make it anymore) work in the alignment scenarios with the vettes?

If so, that'd be my first step....

- Travis
Old 10-26-2015, 11:10 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Pretty sure CBI street cars runs mid 8's now with a F-1X and a Cog set up.

Cogs are tricky, because they require constant attention to belt tension.
They must be tensioned when the motor is at FULL operational temp.
And hitting revlimiters kills belts.

Cog for street, not really the best idea.
Especially now that people can make 1400-1600HP with serp belts.

Can an cog live, yes... but again it takes a lot of attention to the belt.
Just like racers between rounds always keep an eye on them.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:32 AM
yur2slo
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by trayack
Will procharger's sprag pulley (do they even make it anymore) work in the alignment scenarios with the vettes?

If so, that'd be my first step....

- Travis
I know ATI makes one, maybe OP can check it out

http://www.atiracing.com/superpulley/index.htm
Old 10-27-2015, 03:49 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by yur2slo

This is the one im running
Old 10-28-2015, 02:48 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I kinda gave up on my car with my belt issues. never really spent time addressing the issue in the last couple years, but I think I will now. Thanks for the motivation.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:08 PM
ZEX-Z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yur2slo

I actually have this one on my blower.
I made a pull a month ago and pulled out 1375whtq... keeping my hp numbers to the chest. It's making alot of power but this is also breaking the belt after a few pulls....

Now the good news....after some extensive research and spending some money....
I now have a 1360mm 8m 50mm 1 piece Steel Cordeed Poly Belt. I'm not breaking this bitch at all. The teeth will go before the belt itself will.
I bought a few Kevlar belts which I was able to have custom made as backup just in case but doubt I'll need them. The problem with these company's that offer blower,cog and timing belts is that the 1360mm length isn't an option on their sales. Only 1280mm and 1440mm lengths in the GT3 belt but not that wide. You have to have it custom made. So all this time someone was having issues for all these years was just a simple request to have a specific belt made. How else were all these Pro-Outlaw blower guys making all this power on their cars and the belts are holding.
They do also offer a WPS belt which is Welded steel corded and from what tell are telling me it would be next to impossible to break that too for a faction of technology price and even stronger than the Kevlar belts. Apparently Kevlar belts don't like tensioners according to them.

Belt change for me is 10 min. Not a fun 10 min but it's 10 min.

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 10-29-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:19 PM
ZEX-Z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by inspector12
LOL! I'm going to say it once and then I'll be on to try and help you. I told you sooo! LOL! I know it was a dick move, but I couldn't resist.
But I know Blownbluezo6 AKA Brett worked long and hard to get his re-designed to fix the same issues. So first thing is I'd talk to him and see if it is something you could do or maybe he's willing to sell etc... After that I'd have to say if you want to stay with an F2-3 I'd be looking at a gear drive setup and re-do your cooling system to try and accommodate your blower etc... I know most of the F1X guys running the 10rib setups are not immune to the same problem as when I talked to George (Pumpking) he kept quite a few belts in the car for when it happened. Took him about 20min to change one, but I think it frustrated him as well. Whitelightning is the only one not really having any major belt issues that I know of, but he doesn't beat on his car a ton. So not sure if David is a good representative of not having belt issues. Hope this little bit of information helps you mang.
I appreciate your comments to help me improve my build. I honestly did not think I would ever break a 50mm wide belt so you were right on that one.
Cooling system is good with Radiator temps. Air intake temps are being addressed right now. I do have a meth kit ready to install but I am in the middle of having a custom water to air innercooler made. Now that the belt issue has been addressed I'm doing good.
Circle D is keeping a close eye on my transmission for me so I'm good there.
Car runs hard and i am extremely happy i could prove so many people wrong regarding the belt issue. A little research and a good Engineer and Deticated company goes a long way. I just know that at some point I have to stop and just be satisfied with what I got.

Problem solved...now time to get some 1/4 mile passes in.

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 10-29-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:07 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEX-Z
I actually have this one on my blower.
I made a pull a month ago and pulled out 1375whtq... keeping my hp numbers to the chest. It's making alot of power but this is also breaking the belt after a few pulls....

Now the good news....after some extensive research and spending some money....
I now have a 1360mm 8m 50mm 1 piece Steel Cordeed Poly Belt. I'm not breaking this bitch at all. The teeth will go before the belt itself will.
I bought a few Kevlar belts which I was able to have custom made as backup just in case but doubt I'll need them. The problem with these company's that offer blower,cog and timing belts is that the 1360mm length isn't an option on their sales. Only 1280mm and 1440mm lengths in the GT3 belt but not that wide. You have to have it custom made. So all this time someone was having issues for all these years was just a simple request to have a specific belt made. How else were all these Pro-Outlaw blower guys making all this power on their cars and the belts are holding.
They do also offer a WPS belt which is Welded steel corded and from what tell are telling me it would be next to impossible to break that too for a faction of technology price and even stronger than the Kevlar belts. Apparently Kevlar belts don't like tensioners according to them.

Belt change for me is 10 min. Not a fun 10 min but it's 10 min.
How many BOVs and which ones are you running.. i bet you blow belts out at the top of the pull when you lift off the throttle
Old 10-29-2015, 06:13 PM
ZEX-Z
Burning Brakes

2 Blow off valves and I'm was tearing the belts apart during the pull around 5300 rpms

Get notified of new replies

To 454 F2 Procharger With Dallas Performance Flip Cog drive Kit. Breaking Belts.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:14 PM
ZEX-Z
Burning Brakes

Belt problem is resolved now thanks to my True drive Steel corded 1 piece 1360 8m 50mm belt.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEX-Z
Belt problem is resolved now thanks to my True drive Steel corded 1 piece 1360 8m 50mm belt.
Pictures of the belt? Details on how to get one?

Last edited by Turbo2L; 10-29-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
Pictures of the belt? Details on how to get one?

Quick Reply: 454 F2 Procharger With Dallas Performance Flip Cog drive Kit. Breaking Belts.