C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Help/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:22 AM
CraigsVette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Help/Advice

I had an ECS kit put on my car in June. The car had 15,000 miles or so when I got the kit and ran perfect. Ever since getting the kit it has been non stop little problems. Recently my check engine light has come on and stayed on. The car has started sputtering really bad, to the point to where I don't drive it. You can't get into the throttle. It has no power up top and feels like it just wants to fall apart. I have contacted the shop where I had the work done and have received no response in almost a week. It's really aggravating being ignored by a shop that you gave $6500+ to. My car has sat in my garage for over 3 weeks because I don't even know if it's safe to drive. I don't know what is wrong or what to do. I was able to drive it over to advanced auto and had the codes read. I have attached images of all 14 codes it pulled up. Can someone please help with this? Thanks!

Old 11-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like you might have some injector issues causing the o2 sensors not to sweep properly. First thing I would do is check the connectors on the injectors. They might just be loose. If they are on good, you'll have to start digging a little deeper. Maybe swap some injectors around and see if the misfire moves with them.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

In addition, maybe replace your upstream O2 sensors. Are you MAF or SD tuned?

EDIT: In short, these are your codes

P1133 - O2 sensor replace
P1153 - O2 sensor replace
P0201 - like the guy above me said goes along with P0208 just another cylinder
P0203 - like the guy above me said goes along with P0208 just another cylinder
P0208 - like the guy above me said
P0300 - refer to checking injector and replace O2 sensors...also check ignition wires and spark plugs
U0073 / U0140 - that one's tricky not too sure...IIRC you had issues in general connecting to the car in the past. I would have took car to dealership for this issue before going to heavy into modifying the car. Sounds like an electrical issue.

Here's for some other readings...
http://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagno...153-codes.html
http://www.engine-codes.com/u0073_chevrolet.html

http://www.obd-codes.com/u0140

Last edited by Nosferatu; 11-17-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:54 AM
CraigsVette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few days after I got the car back it broke down and the guys from the shop came and looked at it and it was a loose injector connector. Usually when it would start sputtering I could turn it off, wiggle stuff and it would start back up fine. Not this time. I just want the freaking car to run right. I never imagined I would have this much trouble, especially going to a reputable shop.

I didn't know about any connection issues until he was tuning it and it kept disconnecting from his computer.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:10 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

I understand that this is frustrating but I bet it is a simple problem given the codes you posted.

If you PM me the shop I would be glad to try and contact them for you to get this taken care of. Can't hurt anyway.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:58 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You'd be amazed what one bad sensor or something small can do to a modern engine.. I bet Doug is right and it's something simple.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Help/Advice

Quick Reply: Looking for Help/Advice