C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easiest to install S/C for modest power increase

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 05:26 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jimxms
OK thanks for the info.

I'm putting together my shopping list at the moment for stuff I'm going to need aside from the s/c.

The PLX Wideband looks like a safe bet, and I'll probably grab the Dashlogic as I don't want gauges cluttering the car.

What I cant get my head around is how the ZR1 MAP sensor hooks up? Does it replace the stock sensor (is that a MAF or MAP?) and if not, how do you go about logging the data from it?
If you are using an eforce you use the map sensor that comes with the kit. It is a TMAP. Map and IAT combined.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:30 PM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
If you are using an eforce you use the map sensor that comes with the kit. It is a TMAP. Map and IAT combined.
And that replaces the stock sensor?

I probably shouldn't be worrying about this stuff so early on. I'd just like to get any bungs gauges and sensors installed and tested before hooking up the s/c
Old 11-20-2015, 05:32 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

You have to do it at the same time. The wiring comes with the kit. Read through the install instructions to get an idea. Pretty sure they are on edelbrock site. It's a very complete kit and you don't really need extra stuff.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

If you are just buying and bolting on an eforce, then just do it. No extra stuff needed. No wideband or anything IMO.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:20 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default That's all you gotta do....

Originally Posted by Unreal
If you are just buying and bolting on an eforce, then just do it. No extra stuff needed. No wideband or anything IMO.
That's all you gotta do.... Slap it on.

NO BELT PROBLEMS....NO WHINE.... NO WORRIES.

100,000 mile service interval where you worry about nothing.

NO changing the oil and killing your engine oil.

Just do it!

And call me after you get bored and I'll set you up with a CoW BOOSTER! and some other fun tuning.

We LOVE the E-Force!
Chuck CoW
Old 11-23-2015, 05:08 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Sammyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Call me.

As far as t he canned tune....from Whoever... Reason for that recommendation is that when you're 1,000 miles away

or in a foreign country.....or across the street, it's always very helpful to have the blower manufacturers idle tables,

MAF curve, and injector data..... If it's working for them, trust me they spent good time building that data and it's a

huge time saver to borrow that data and other stuff to when remote tuning. We can all build that data but it takes a lot

of time to build and especially when you're doing it remotely, it never hurts to have something to start with.

None of the "canned" blower tunes that come with these systems are aggressive....They CAN NOT be...it would be stupid.

They are always "good enough" for most, and a great starting point for sure.

Sammy, call my office or cell today.... I think my TAN is wearing off.
Chuck CoW
OH boy.. I'm just seeing this.
Don't know how, this COW BOOSTED post should probably be visible from the MOON!! Wait, isn't there's a nursery rhyme about a COW and a MOON??
I'm going to try to call you later today or tomorrow. I know you're busier than a one-legged man in an a$$kicking contest, but I need to get the old Vette sorted out now, so that I can tinker with it some more and throw the tune off again...
Old 11-23-2015, 07:31 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default and then.....

Originally Posted by CI GS
OH boy.. I'm just seeing this.
Don't know how, this COW BOOSTED post should probably be visible from the MOON!! Wait, isn't there's a nursery rhyme about a COW and a MOON??
I'm going to try to call you later today or tomorrow. I know you're busier than a one-legged man in an a$$kicking contest, but I need to get the old Vette sorted out now, so that I can tinker with it some more and throw the tune off again...
and then.....We can sit on the beach and makes jokes about tuning after it's all over with.....

I'm always available...even late... Especially for you.

Chuck CoW
Old 10-07-2016, 11:01 AM
guido1205us
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm curious if OP every completed his build? If so which kit did you go with?

I'm looking to SC my 12 GS M6. Since I have the dry sump I guess I'm in for a little more work regardless of which kit I go with. This will be DIY install over the winter, taking my time. My criteria is pretty much the same as OP, and I don't want to tap the oil pan or make a bunch of cuts here and there.

Quick Reply: Easiest to install S/C for modest power increase