C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't idle right...help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by schpenxel
You got haters already, hahaha
can't please everyone...anyways for the drive up I didn't really appreciate the issue again like I said...the clutch decided to not play nice.

After having "some fun" I go to downshift out of 6th and I noticed the clutch pedal went real limp. Every time I pressed it down it would go down more and more to the point it was stuck on the floor. I tried prying it up a few times and eventually it came up enough to shift a few times. As long as I kept it in a gear it seemed to be fine. After a few required gear shifts I was back stuck again. I pulled over this time into a parking lot.

The clutch fluid looked its typical dark color. I pumped the pedal a few times after prying it off the floor with the reservoir open. Since then it seemed to be fine; although I did baby the car home. I have since replaced the fluid using the Ranger method and now hope for the best. Thoughts?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:41 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

There are such weird clutch issues on these cars that I honestly don't know. I'd keep driving it for now and just see if it happens again

I'd also change the fluid a few more times over the next few weeks

Do you have a remote bleeder? I've heard of brake fluid boiling and basically making brakes go soft, but I have no idea if that could happen on a clutch or not. Typically happens on older fluid after it has a lot of water in it.

Doesn't seem like a clutch slave cylinder would get hot enough for that to happen, but for all I know it might..
Old 12-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

okay schpenxel I watched the short trim fuel when the car decides to idle like crap...they "freeze" at either -5%/-7% in each bank or even further down like -11%/-13%. Usually they like to bounce around when it's running normal.

Does this help diagnose it?
Old 12-14-2015, 09:19 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

So both banks freeze or one?
Old 12-14-2015, 09:31 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

So both banks freeze or one?
both banks
Old 12-14-2015, 09:35 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I wish you had HP Tuners

I'm honestly not sure. They should be bouncing around though like you normally see. They are typically set up to adjust slower at lower air flows, but they still should be pretty much always moving except @ WOT

Has Matt been able to look at it or is it one of those where it won't act up once it's at a shop?
Old 12-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Has Matt been able to look at it or is it one of those where it won't act up once it's at a shop?
This.

If I had to take a guess maybe a part of the idle tune was overlooked and the car is trying to deliver stock fuel delivery at a certain parameter I'm going into. Since car has much bigger injectors than stock the % commanded is dumping way too much fuel causing it to stumble...thoughts?
Old 12-14-2015, 11:03 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

As long as he has the right injector data/stoich AFR and O2 sensors are working it shouldn't jump around like that because of injector size, though I guess you could be hitting some weird cell in one of the airflow tables that weren't hit during tuning? I don't really think that's it but I don't know what else to point you towards either

Man it's hard to say without having the tune/log in front of me honestly

Last edited by schpenxel; 12-14-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Car won't idle right...help