C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EX1's Procharged Build - v2.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 04:43 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Looks nice!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:37 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Well the first obstacle has finally popped up. The machine shop said there were some casting issues with my specific LSX block and they weren't comfortable using it. Luckily they had another one there but they have to start over again. Fingers crossed it is done soon and with enough time for the start of the 1/2 mile season here in Texas.

On a positive note, my Brodix BR7 heads arrived. WCCH used their CNC program on them and they look great!

Last edited by EX1; 01-21-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:28 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by EX1
Well the first obstacle has finally popped up. The machine shop said there were some casting issues with my specific LSX block and they weren't comfortable using it. Luckily they had another one there but they have to start over again. Fingers crossed it is done soon and with enough time for the start of the 1/2 mile season here in Texas.

On a positive note, my Brodix BR7 heads arrived. WCCH used their CNC program on them and they look great!

Looks good how much do they flow?

-Curtis
Old 01-21-2016, 10:33 AM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C6 Curtis
Looks good how much do they flow?

-Curtis
I pulled this off WCCH's site.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:40 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Had some light scoring on the pistons I was planning on re-using. Machine shop said they were fine but I ended up ordering some new Wisecos for this build. They are expecting around 10.0:1 compression and I will be back to the standard 4.125 bore. New pistons should be here in 3 days

Shopped around for a while and ended up ordering the F1X today from Colorado Speed. After having the polished finish on my F1R, I couldn't just settle for the standard satin. I know some guys don't care but I really think it helps the blower "pop" at the shows I take the car to. I was thinking about trying the new black powder coat, but I was scared it would get scratched or chip from mishandling, especially when doing a quick belt change in between rounds at the track .

Last edited by EX1; 02-02-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:18 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by EX1
I was thinking about trying the new black powder coat, but I was scared it would get scratched or chip from mishandling, especially when doing a quick belt change in between rounds at the track .
The black coating we use is actually a very very hardcore industrial application. (Not run of the mill powder coat)

We actually have to ship everything halfway across the US, to get this coating, (and then back) to get this kind of quality. Each item's surface gets a special prep done to it as well, to make sure the coating "sticks" to the billet/alum. as much as possible.

So yes, many people coat/paint their blowers. But I would be hard pressed to think anyone is doing it to the level that we are. (Just another carry over from our Industrial devision)
Old 02-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Nino S
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

sub'n

I just did a ERL 427 turbo rave extreme with a very similar rotating assembly with 6 bolt Brodix BR7 heads from WCCH. Car wouldn't make more then 987 rwhp because of the baby procharger intercooler so a procharger race version is going in. Car is pullied to 21 psi with a Procharger F1C and if the intercooler does not get me close to 1100 I will probably go the same route and go with a F1X. FORE triple pump, ID2000's, RPS triple, very similar to yours. I know once I see the power you get out of the F1X my 500 miles F1C will be in the classified section!! I can't wait to see the number!!!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Nino S
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a huge headache with a casting flaw from the WCCH/BR7 heads. Took me down for another month on my build lol
Old 02-03-2016, 07:18 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino S
sub'n

I just did a ERL 427 turbo rave extreme with a very similar rotating assembly with 6 bolt Brodix BR7 heads from WCCH. Car wouldn't make more then 987 rwhp because of the baby procharger intercooler so a procharger race version is going in. Car is pullied to 21 psi with a Procharger F1C and if the intercooler does not get me close to 1100 I will probably go the same route and go with a F1X. FORE triple pump, ID2000's, RPS triple, very similar to yours. I know once I see the power you get out of the F1X my 500 miles F1C will be in the classified section!! I can't wait to see the number!!!
If you do go that direction I suggest checking out the Mantic triple. I have it in my car and it drives great and is currently holding more than a similar setup to mine did that ran an RPS triple. Also it will save you some money and make that setup even more tempting.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:00 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

sub'n

Welcome aboard . On my F1R build I found the base Procharger intercooler a big restriction. Once I swapped it out for the "race" version, the car picked up two pounds of boost and carried the power to red line instead of nosing over like it did before.

Those are stout numbers on a 427 with an F1C. Must be that velocity stack
Old 02-04-2016, 10:03 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

sub'n

Nice build!! Killer parts list.

However, an F1C is not gonna get you 1100rwhp.. I'm surprised you made it to 987 rwhp. Even an F1R won't go 1100. You may as well order the F1X now.

Sub'd for the progress..
Old 02-04-2016, 10:08 AM
DarkHorse13
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

plan on making TI in april?

may have to get a run in with you on your new set up.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Nice build!! Killer parts list.

However, an F1C is not gonna get you 1100rwhp.. I'm surprised you made it to 987 rwhp. Even an F1R won't go 1100. You may as well order the F1X now.

Sub'd for the progress..
Welcome to build 2.0 .

He never mentioned which F1C he was running. Maybe it is one of the new F1C 10.5 units? Come to think of it, I haven't seen one of those on a Vette yet. I wonder how they do.

Originally Posted by DarkHorse13
plan on making TI in april?

may have to get a run in with you on your new set up.
No way of knowing. I learned last year to not sign up for events and prepay before the car is 100% AND sitting in my garage. I lost over $900 in non-refundable fees from missing various races. I won't be doing that again!

Last edited by EX1; 02-04-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:07 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

no experience with RPS but heard from buddies that used it that the engagement is like a lightswitch and they don't have a great life, i have mantic triple in my car and love it. very streetable and holds great and installs same as any other clutch. From what i've seen at all I have to recommend the mantic triple over the rps
Old 02-04-2016, 06:21 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Feel I need to add some things in here, so here we go

Car wouldn't make more then 987 rwhp because of the baby procharger intercooler so a procharger race version is going in. Car is pullied to 21 psi with a Procharger F1C and if the intercooler does not get me close to 1100
The normal "HO" intercooler was never intended to be a race unit.
It is designed for 1,050HP worth of airflow. (AKA: At the crank)
Which is stated in our literature (that hardly anyone reads)

However to call it a "baby" is kinda unfair, since many people have swapped it out for our competitors units, and picked up power.

We then designed the "race" intercooler, to help push cars about as far as you would ever want to take an air to air intercooler, which is rated right around 1,500HP worth of air flow (again at the crank) And since cars like AMP's black car have laid down something like 1,400+ with this unit, thats pretty much well past it's design intention.

Anything past that, really should have an air to water. People would be surprised what happens to the aerodynamics of these cars as the car goes up in MPH. Its really hard to get any air "through" the intercooler, once the car begins to "push" the air under/over/around itself. The intercooler then just becomes a heat sink, nothing more.

Originally Posted by EX1
Welcome aboard . On my F1R build I found the base Procharger intercooler a big restriction. Once I swapped it out for the "race" version, the car picked up two pounds of boost and carried the power to red line instead of nosing over like it did before.
As to be expected. Glad the results were as planned.
So stoked for your car

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Even an F1R won't go 1100.
The F-1R was never designed to be the "end all, be all" blower.
Frankly it was really only designed for 1 class of racing, because that sanctioning body TOLD us what to build, because the Vortech/Paxton cars couldn't keep up.

Sadly it takes a pretty specific engine combo to make the F-1R work to its max potential, Really its a medium size motor (with amazing flowing heads/cam) and medium boost. (It was designed to run in a non intercooled class, and to have a very very flat boost curve)

Originally Posted by EX1

He never mentioned which F1C he was running. Maybe it is one of the new F1C 10.5 units? Come to think of it, I haven't seen one of those on a Vette yet. I wonder how they do.
The F-1C-10.5 is also a class specific blower, so no reason to go down that road either. The smaller F-1A-94 gets the job done just fine, or go to the normal "X" unit.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I'm eyeing the F1A-94
Old 02-04-2016, 07:07 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm really liking all this yellow

Get notified of new replies

To EX1's Procharged Build - v2.0

Old 02-04-2016, 10:40 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
As to be expected. Glad the results were as planned.
So stoked for your car

The F-1C-10.5 is also a class specific blower, so no reason to go down that road either. The smaller F-1A-94 gets the job done just fine, or go to the normal "X"
Thanks!

So are you saying that the F1a-94 outperforms the F1C-10.5? How big of a difference does the 10.5 housing make on those blowers?

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I'm eyeing the F1A-94
They certainly put up some good numbers. Jeff (turbotuner) liked the top end pull of his when he swapped but he did say it was a lot softer in the midrange compared to his regular F1A. It did help with traction but it felt sluggish enough for him to pick up a F1R and a F1X to try. If only he had tried more combos with thise blowers before he sold the car

Originally Posted by usmcpony
I'm really liking all this yellow
Haha! Yellow and atomic orange were always my favorite

Last edited by EX1; 02-04-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:14 AM
DarkHorse13
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to corey and cody....

F1X ALL THE THINGS!

Boost Management - via BoostLeash
Fuel - 1500's, full Fore fuel sys.

Hemi Grand Cherokee - DD/Tow Pig

Last edited by DarkHorse13; 02-05-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:24 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EX1
Thanks!

So are you saying that the F1a-94 outperforms the F1C-10.5? How big of a difference does the 10.5 housing make on those blowers?
Racers have learned how to make them perform nearly identical.
Again, if a customer is looking for a 10.5" housing blower, just get the "x" thats all there is to it.

They certainly put up some good numbers. Jeff (turbotuner) liked the top end pull of his when he swapped but he did say it was a lot softer in the midrange compared to his regular F1A. It did help with traction but it felt sluggish enough for him to pick up a F1R and a F1X to try. If only he had tried more combos with thise blowers before he sold the car
The issue with Jeffs car was that it didn't have a cam/head flow optimized to really go above the 1,100 rwhp number, no matter what blower you threw at it. (it was just stacking boost up) There are guys that make 1,600HP with an "X" making 4psi less boost then he was, just for example. So really the only good testing would be to know which blower would have the most robust curve for him.

The "a" and "c" are designed for stick cars in mind, with very robust midrange power curves.

The "a-94" is designed with power-glides in mind, and big stalled autos (AKA: it stays in its power band up top, who cars about the silly mid range the car will never be in) That is were the blower was designed to shine, and well... thats what it does. Destroys literally everything in its size class, hands down.

Fran at RPM just put a "a-94" on a C7Z with the A8 trans, talk about a deadly combo. That trans has such little RPM drop on the shift, it will be deadly with that blower.

Last edited by ProChargerTech; 02-05-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply: EX1's Procharged Build - v2.0