C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed with Results

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 07:12 AM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

He's got a cam as per post #16.

Single nozzle is more then enough at this stage. I feel it is low on power for that setup but I'm a LS3 and not too familiar with what LS2 makes. With the 3.4 and supporting mods, it should be making 13psi+?

Last edited by JetstreamGS; 02-11-2016 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:31 AM
iToast
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I have a cam. Probably not the most ideal cam but it still makes power.

Most people with a 3.4", cam and longtubes see 11-13ish psi.

Again, I'm still happy overall. It pulls hard. I just noticed my numbers seemed a little weak for the setup. It'll probably stay as is until I can get some forged internals and upgrade the headunit amongst other things. I'm tired of paying for tunes. Lol
Old 02-11-2016, 08:45 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Post the graph with AFR
Old 02-12-2016, 05:40 AM
mourat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are really good numbers but meth alone does not give you much. You nees around 17* timing and i can promise you that you will be about 735 or more rwhp. I added 4 degrees and gained around 70rwhp with meth. You need to look at the dstek module its a flex module that way u can run meth and timing safely and even pull fuel! I made 735rwhp on the old strim but i had 17 timing not 13 otherwise i would be around where you are.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:50 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mourat
Those are really good numbers but meth alone does not give you much. You nees around 17* timing and i can promise you that you will be about 735 or more rwhp. I added 4 degrees and gained around 70rwhp with meth. You need to look at the dstek module its a flex module that way u can run meth and timing safely and even pull fuel! I made 735rwhp on the old strim but i had 17 timing not 13 otherwise i would be around where you are.
Speed density tune will yank the timing. No need for flex fuel sensor on pump+meth at that power.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:37 AM
iToast
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the graph, but no AFR. It's a nice curve nonetheless. In the grand scheme of things, I'm happy with the power levels considering it's a pretty conservative tune. When I get a wideband, I'll monitor AFRs thoughout the rpms.

I'm a pretty tech savvy person and am seriously considering buying hp tuners. I'd love to learn to tune myself
Old 02-12-2016, 11:17 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Speed density tune will yank the timing. No need for flex fuel sensor on pump+meth at that power.
I assume you're referring to using the IAT sensor to remove timing if IAT's are higher than they would be with meth?

That method can work but there is a delay while it's reacting to changes. Using the flex fuel tricker box you can make it instantly add/remove timing based on methanol system working or not, which is a much better option IMO

Not to mention temp changes throughout the year in some places makes it tricky to use the IAT without making some changes as air temps change. It's not a huge deal to do if you have access to HPT, but a lot of people don't

Quick Reply: Disappointed with Results