C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T/C On or Off for 1/2 mile Roll Races????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 10:47 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I know ProEFI supports DBW, whether it works right on these cars/TB's, I'm not really sure

Last edited by schpenxel; 03-28-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Atomic C6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Driven for 4+ months and 1000+ miles without sensors. Done 5-6 half miles no sensors, never once had a limp mode.
Interesting the two times I tried it without them I get Low tire presser warnings and no sensors detected and it will not go over 50 MPH. I guess I am just unlucky with mine.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic C6
Interesting the two times I tried it without them I get Low tire presser warnings and no sensors detected and it will not go over 50 MPH. I guess I am just unlucky with mine.
No idea if there are year to year differences or what, but I've never had as issues besides DIC saying "XXX" on pressure when I don't have the sensors in. Even then that is after 100+ miles, and if you park next to your tires with sensors, it resets. I drove for months without even a code because I wouldn't go over 100 miles in a day, and just park next to the street wheels in the garage at night.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:06 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
No idea if there are year to year differences or what, but I've never had as issues besides DIC saying "XXX" on pressure when I don't have the sensors in. Even then that is after 100+ miles, and if you park next to your tires with sensors, it resets. I drove for months without even a code because I wouldn't go over 100 miles in a day, and just park next to the street wheels in the garage at night.
Wow! Some great info here guys! Thank you so much for your input. I had no idea exactly how this stuff works.
All I know is that I wanted a mix of engine management and protection as well as boost-by-MPH.
Is the traction control that a stand alone like Pro EFI provides, separate from the boost-by-MPH, or is it one-in-the-same??
Old 03-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Separate. Proefi will manage spark/fuel/etc to limit wheel spin based off the wheel speed sensors.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:22 PM
needcheese
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen Joe G post a pic with the TPMS in a sealed PVC canister. He keeps it in the car. This is just food for thought.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:52 AM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NYOverlord
Wow! Some great info here guys! Thank you so much for your input. I had no idea exactly how this stuff works.
All I know is that I wanted a mix of engine management and protection as well as boost-by-MPH.
Is the traction control that a stand alone like Pro EFI provides, separate from the boost-by-MPH, or is it one-in-the-same??
This is going to sound mean, but if you aren't going to learn about the benefits of ProEFI, why run it? If you are using it for just boost by gear, you could've bought a Eboost2 for much cheaper.

ProEFI's traction control is arguably the BEST feature it has--why would you ever want to turn it off? I would suggest becoming familiar with it and understand how it works. Otherwise, you are leaving so much on the table.

The (I'm assuming) dyno tune you received will be good for every day driving, but another great benefit of ProEFI is being able to data-log and adjust on the fly for event's like 1/2 mile racing. You can noticeably tell the difference in slight adjustments to the tune based on the data thats being collected from you prior runs.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:01 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You can set the throttle body up either way. I had it controlled by stock ecu originally and it kept getting sucked closed or just not working like it should. We swapped it over to ProEFI control and set how far it opens and all that and I no longer have issues with it closing or acting up like it did on stock ecu. They just put another stock tb in the car to keep the stock ecu from getting all upset. While ProEFI controls the NW 102mm.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:03 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

So you've got another TB hooked up that's just opening and closing and not connected to anything else?
Old 04-05-2016, 07:05 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Originally Posted by schpenxel
So you've got another TB hooked up that's just opening and closing and not connected to anything else?
Yup, so I don't have a reduced engine power code coming up all the time.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:48 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

In the 1/2mi I went 155mph in Comp Mode and 170mph with TC Off. No other changes were made.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:19 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

My tuner here in Deer Park, NY is telling me he has to have my stock ECU control my throttle body cuz there's no way for my ProEFI to control it. Is this true or nonsense?
I want Pro EFO to control as much of my car as possible. I certainly paid enough money for it!

Last edited by NYOverlord; 05-16-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:21 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

My tuner here in Deer Park, NY is telling me he has to have my stock ECU control my throttle body cuz there's no way for my ProEFI to control it. Is this true or nonsense?
I want Pro EFO to control as much of my car as possible. I certainly didn't enough money on it!
Your ProEFI can control your throttle body. Mine is setup that way. Although stock ECU controlling it will work just fine as well.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:30 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I want Pro EFO to control as much of my car as possible. I certainly didn't enough money on it!
Once upon a time pro efi couldn't control DBW throttle bodies, but it's been an option for a year or two now (at least)
Old 05-16-2016, 04:00 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Originally Posted by SquirrelyNutz
You can set the throttle body up either way. I had it controlled by stock ecu originally and it kept getting sucked closed or just not working like it should. We swapped it over to ProEFI control and set how far it opens and all that and I no longer have issues with it closing or acting up like it did on stock ecu. They just put another stock tb in the car to keep the stock ecu from getting all upset. While ProEFI controls the NW 102mm.
I was all set to buy a NW 102 throttle body because I want to make a little more power, but Lethal Performance in San Antonio, TX has done several TTIX Kits on Corvettes and told me I'll actually lose power and the NW throttle bodies "stick".
Are either of these points true?
If you picked up power from the NW 102, how much so?
Old 05-16-2016, 04:04 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

I was all set to buy a NW 102 throttle body because I want to make a little more power, but Lethal Performance in San Antonio, TX has done several TTIX Kits on Corvettes and told me I'll actually lose power and the NW throttle bodies "stick".
Are either of these points true?
If you picked up power from the NW 102, how much so?
ZR1s pick up a lot from a TB swap but a car pushing boost through the TB won't gain near as much. I think you are better off sticking with a stock TB so you have no issues. If it worked properly you would probably gain some power, but in my opinion it is not worth the headache or possibility that it won't work in your case.
The following users liked this post:
Dude_man (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 06:44 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Stay stock TB. I've heard NW is testing some new stuff that'll do better under high airflow but for now don't bother. Small restrictions post blower make a much smaller difference than restrictions pre blower. Thus the reason for gains on zr1 type setups.

Get notified of new replies

To T/C On or Off for 1/2 mile Roll Races????

Old 05-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Plus stock TB will support more power than that turbo kit will ever make.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:35 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Yup stock TB is the way to go.

With pro EFI doing traction control turn the OEM system off (holding button 10 seconds) so it doesnt get confused

For your wheels can you purchase TPMS and a GM reset tool? I did that for my drag wheels and reset the sensors when I swap wheel/ tire and prevents any additional warnings
Old 05-21-2016, 12:01 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
Yup stock TB is the way to go.

With pro EFI doing traction control turn the OEM system off (holding button 10 seconds) so it doesnt get confused

For your wheels can you purchase TPMS and a GM reset tool? I did that for my drag wheels and reset the sensors when I swap wheel/ tire and prevents any additional warnings
This info is gold!!!

Quick Reply: T/C On or Off for 1/2 mile Roll Races????