C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discussion: Halltech vs Holley vs Pro EFI vs stock ECM

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 12:30 PM
RecMech
Pro

Received 325 Likes on 148 Posts

I have been running the ProEFI for 5 months now.. Local tuner helped make my decision. A few things I would change, but so far I have been very happy with it. 246mph and improving with every pass.

It took me a while to get used to the interface compared to EfiLive, but now that I am used to it its not bad. Online changes at the track are easy, offline changes take a while to build the file and download.

Now if I could only get 8 egts into it.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by badass68
I run holley on my street strip car and have helped others with lsx conversations. It's easy to learn but doesn't integrate with factory wiring or bcm.
Have you helped any with a c6? The more I research Holley the more I want it
Old 09-14-2016, 01:14 PM
badass68
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude_man
Have you helped any with a c6? The more I research Holley the more I want it
No. Just a couple older vehicles with LS motors.

I will say its very adaptable because you can program anything and everything. I use the factory 4l80 output shaft sensor as a speedo and driveshaft speed. This lets me setup traction control in the holley software. Also, the data logging is awesome. I use outputs for: pwm fan, progressive nitrous, shift solenoid, second fuel pump, and a/c cut off. The possibilties are endless. Once I go to turbo, it'll be the boost controller also.

If you haven't already, read up on yellowbullet.com (electrical section). Great Holley tech and info there.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by badass68
No. Just a couple older vehicles with LS motors.

I will say its very adaptable because you can program anything and everything. I use the factory 4l80 output shaft sensor as a speedo and driveshaft speed. This lets me setup traction control in the holley software. Also, the data logging is awesome. I use outputs for: pwm fan, progressive nitrous, shift solenoid, second fuel pump, and a/c cut off. The possibilties are endless. Once I go to turbo, it'll be the boost controller also.

If you haven't already, read up on yellowbullet.com (electrical section). Great Holley tech and info there.
I had the basic unit, it was going into an lsx fox I was building with a friend but he parted ways with the build before I had a chance to mess with it. I've read up a lot on them, just haven't found anyone besides franz that used them on a c6. Was hoping to get some more info on installing it on the c6 and how everything else was setup(ignition, ac, etc)

Last edited by Dude_man; 09-14-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
Holley - I would do the Holley in a heartbeat if it had some sort of traction control built in. You need to add a Davis box to it for that to work though which is another $3k+.

Actually, you don't need the box. The Davis system pulls timing, based off wheel speed and driveshaft speed. Two local friends(actual friends) have dominators, and have the system pulling timing when it senses wheelspin, based off the two inputs(wheel speed and driveshaft speed). So you do not NEED another add on, just gotta know how to tune it and set it up.

As for the Davis Technologies HOLLEY compatible box, it RETAILS for $999.00(self learning optional unit) Which is more than affordable for a functional system.

Installing a PROEFI on a customers car very soon, ordering a dominator for my car probably tomorrow. We'll see how they both stack up.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by Smoove
Actually, you don't need the box. The Davis system pulls timing, based off wheel speed and driveshaft speed. Two local friends(actual friends) have dominators, and have the system pulling timing when it senses wheelspin, based off the two inputs(wheel speed and driveshaft speed). So you do not NEED another add on, just gotta know how to tune it and set it up.

As for the Davis Technologies HOLLEY compatible box, it RETAILS for $999.00(self learning optional unit) Which is more than affordable for a functional system.

Installing a PROEFI on a customers car very soon, ordering a dominator for my car probably tomorrow. We'll see how they both stack up.
Is your car a c6? If so, it would be greatly appreciated if you posted up how you do it.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Is your car a c6? If so, it would be greatly appreciated if you posted up how you do it.

Negative. Holley car is C5(not CAN obviously), ProEfi car is C6.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:21 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Negative. Holley car is C5(not CAN obviously), ProEfi car is C6.
Meh! You guys keep getting me excited then shattering my dreams
Old 09-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Meh! You guys keep getting me excited then shattering my dreams
Preparing you for life my friend.

:cheer s:
Old 09-14-2016, 03:47 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Preparing you for life my friend.

:cheer s:
Lol I'm used to being the Guinea pig.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:40 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Lol I'm used to being the Guinea pig.
lol likewise
Old 09-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Ran a Holley in a turbo 408 vega drag car. Easy to tune, easy to setup, ran awesome. That car didn't have any other systems to talk to, and no fancy features. Its a great setup for a race car, just not sure about street application in a c6.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:35 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by Unreal
Ran a Holley in a turbo 408 vega drag car. Easy to tune, easy to setup, ran awesome. That car didn't have any other systems to talk to, and no fancy features. Its a great setup for a race car, just not sure about street application in a c6.
Franz said he liked it, he had it working with the factory cluster etc. Which I don't really care about since I'd rather go with a racepak anyways. I just want to retain my ac features. Which I believe is through the bcm?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

We just started wiring in the pro efi in this 05. Do people use the factory ecm with this? Doesn't look like we need to based on schematics. Ours isn't plug and play since we have the douchy 05 we're working with.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

We just started wiring in the pro efi in this 05. Do people use the factory ecm with this? Doesn't look like we need to based on schematics. Ours isn't plug and play since we have the douchy 05 we're working with.

Mine is an 05 too
Old 09-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

uggh.

Quick Reply: Discussion: Halltech vs Holley vs Pro EFI vs stock ECM