C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alky control wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 07:59 AM
TheEnforcer
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Alky control wiring questions

1. The orange and brown wire coming out of the PAC for the LED...is that used only if you decide to relocate the LED from the small box and run it somewhere else? So, if I don't plan do do that...just leave those wires alone?

2. My kit (used) did not come with the red 12 gauge wire that has the built in relay and fuse. Can I just wire it straight to the fuse box and then share the same ground under dash that I've used for everything else? I ordered this missing wire from Julio but I need the system up and running before it arrives.

3. If I do want to run another LED later...is itbas simple as just buying the light and then wiring it directly to the orange and brown wire on the PAC? And do I need a specific led?
Old 04-24-2016, 01:31 PM
TheEnforcer
Instructor

Anyone? I have everything wired up and the red light on the small remote controller is light on, and all wires supposed to be hot are hot...but the pump is not kicking on or spraying when I hit the test button. I have the nozzle unhooked and open to atmosphere so I can visually see if it is spraying or not. Nothing...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:09 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

There's a separate LED that turns red when the system comes on and then green when it reaches 50psi. That's what the orange/brown wires are for. The light on the control box is just for power, nothing else.

I don't know how much current the system pulls so I'd be hesitant to run it through the fuse box.. normally people use something in the fuse box to turn the system "on" when the engine is on but power comes from a source with larger wiring. Mine is connected to the power lug on the side of the fuse box. You could wire it through that and add an inline switch or something if you just need something to get you by for a few days.. you'd just have to turn it on and off manually

You need the LED Alky control provides. It has two colors in it.. I'd order one. I put mine on the bezel that goes around the gauges.. right in the center on the lower part.. it's out of the way, easy to see when it's on and not noticeable otherwise.

You don't have to have the LED for the system to work, but it is at least a rough check to make sure the system is building pressure like it should.

Last edited by schpenxel; 04-24-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:13 PM
TheEnforcer
Instructor

I wired the red 12 ga lower wire directly to the grey fuel pump relay, just like the instructions say. Still kinda stumped.

It's not spraying or anything right now even when I hit the test button, although the system does have power.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:49 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I dunno.. without having it in front of me I couldn't begin to say what is wrong. Call Julio in the morning
Old 05-02-2016, 12:45 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by TheEnforcer
I wired the red 12 ga lower wire directly to the grey fuel pump relay, just like the instructions say. Still kinda stumped.

It's not spraying or anything right now even when I hit the test button, although the system does have power.

You're only supposed to use the fuel pump relay output to trigger another relay that draws off the power distribution lug. The Alky Control system draws a significant enough load to cause damage by adding it to existing circuits since GM wasn't very generous with how robust the pins in the relay/fuse box are. They can burn up and cause trouble and I've seen it many times already.
I would recommend placing a volt meter across the pump input wires and hitting the test button to see if it's getting voltage. It is a PWM output, so I don't expect it to be 12v when hitting the button, but it should read something. If it does and the pump doesn't turn, you can order a new pump. They're roughly 180 shipped.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Get notified of new replies

To Alky control wiring questions

Quick Reply: Alky control wiring questions