C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger direct drive belt issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 04:23 PM
z0vette
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
How is the belt breaking? Is it snapping in half or is the belt shredding lengthwise into pieces? The way it fails indicates the cause. Are you showing any knock on the logs, during the pulls at all? Were the knock sensors desensitized in the tune at all?
Glad you are posting.. Snapping in half, sensors are far, pulleys are aligned
The following users liked this post:
JKTURBOTA (04-29-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 04:26 PM
z0vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
The down side is....
Those same cars have been beaten on time and time again, off the dyno on the street, at race strips, roll events, etc.
Nothing to prove, the parts work, PERIOD.

This customer is working with his dealer, and one of the techs here to find resolution to what the issue might be. So far this is the first issue we have seen come up with these brackets, so it will be a learning experience to try and diagnose the root of the issue.

Just like anyone that has a tech issue, we will get to the bottom of it. Thanks for those that put out pointers and tips. I would urge the customer to keep in contact with us, (which I believe he still has) so that we can get to the bottom of this as fast as possible.

Thanks guys,
Thank you, I am in touch with one of your tech's, and I have to be honest.. He is very helpful and working with me on resolving the issue

The reason I post this is that I wanted to see if anyone had the same issue and resolved it.. To save time and money
Old 04-27-2016, 04:32 PM
z0vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Unreal
I hope PCT doesn't take it too personal, as it was a joke.

Anyways, what belt? There is now 3 of them if you added a direct drive kit. Are you talking about the blower belt? DD belt? Accessory belt? Like Bret said, how is it braking? Do you have enough BOV? Hooked up correctly?

I'll keep saying the same thing over and over again, you paid a premium for procharger parts which includes use of their customer service. Use it. If you would have bought an A&A kit then Josh and Andy would have been on the phone with your several times already as they have excellent customer service. Buying a companies parts includes service and after sales support, so use it.
A&A have very good customer service.. No doubt
Procharger were helpful too, they are working with me in solving the issue.

The thing is that the F2 takes allot of power to turn.. Way more than the F1x
I think this is one main reason of why were are having this issue

This setup was tested and proven on several F1X's but haven't seen it runing with the F2's yet.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by z0vette
Thank you, I am in touch with one of your tech's, and I have to be honest.. He is very helpful and working with me on resolving the issue

The reason I post this is that I wanted to see if anyone had the same issue and resolved it.. To save time and money
Glad you are getting help and resolution instead of the nonsense posted.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:08 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by z0vette

Thanks! Glad to hear the boys are getting you taken care of.

And yes, an F-2 is a power hungry blower.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:13 AM
J. Dub
Instructor

Did you ever get this taken care of?
Old 05-03-2017, 08:09 PM
z0vette
Instructor

No, went with cog

Originally Posted by J. Dub
Did you ever get this taken care of?