C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Use or Try the Newer LPE IC Pump (Designed for LT4’s)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:14 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts
Default Anyone Use or Try the Newer LPE IC Pump (Designed for LT4’s)?

Heartbeat folks (or other TVS or PD); Has anyone tried the newer LPE IC pump designed to be an upgrade for C7 Z06, the ’16 CTS-V, and ZL1? I realize it’s a replacement/direct bolt on for an LT4, but it pumps more than the ZL1 pump, which pumps more than the stock Bosch pump that comes w/ the HB (stock with the <’15 CTS-V’s too?).
It draws 9 amps, is brushless, needs no controller, and is priced at $240. Seemed like a decent pump for the buck, if one wanted to mod it to fit.
Pump can be found here.
Granted NOT as good as a ZR1 pump, but less than 1/4 the cost.
++++++++++++++++

The Lingenfelter 130 Watt High Flow Intercooler Pump Upgrade Kit is designed to replace the intercooler pump used in the C7 Corvette Z06, ZL1 and CTS-V with a higher flow pump to improve intercooler performance, increasing engine and vehicle performance. The LPE upgrade kit features a compact, high output DC brushless fluid circulation pump that produces a roughly 20% increase in pump flow as tested in the actual intercooler system of the C7 Z06 Corvette.

The kit is a direct fit kit that requires no changes to the coolant hoses and attaches to the OEM mounting location. No external pump controller is required as the pump is configured to run at full speed in simple on/off type control mode just like the OEM pump.

Please Note: as flow increases through a given system, differential pressure across the pump also increases so this pump delivers over 20% more flow at a resulting increased differential pressure of over 40%. If we were to test this pump compared to the stock pump at the same pressure the flow difference would be much higher but that would not be an accurate way to compare the difference in pump flow.

Applications:
- 2015-2016 Z06 Corvette LT4 engine
- 2016 Cadillac CTS-V LT4 engine
- 2012-2015 ZL1 Camaro LSA engine
- GMPP LSA and LS9 crate engine intercooler pump
- Can also be adapted to other vehicle applications

Features:
- High output 130 watt pump
- DC brushless motor for extended durability
- Compact and lightweight design
- Rubber isolated mount for quiet operation
- Supplied bracket matches existing mounting location so no vehicle modifications are required
- Compatible with existing wiring and intercooler fluid hoses
- Rated flow of 1800 lph @ 0.75 bar
- Current draw of 9 amps at 13.5 volts
- Hose barb type 20mm 3/4 inch inlet and outlet fittings
- Pump housing cover can be clocked in four different positions to improve hose fitment/packaging

Benefits:
- Over 20% increase in intercooler flow with no other required changes
- Improved intercooler performance resulting in lower intercooler out air temperatures
- Easy direct fit replacement

Kit includes:
- Intercooler pump
- Rubber isolated mounting bracket
- Wiring connector kit
- Installation instructions

Last edited by Chiselchst; 04-28-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:06 AM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

The LT4 uses the same stock pump as the ZL1 which is better then the Bosch pump supplied with the 09-14 CTSV. Neither flow as much as the ZR1 pump which is pricey.

This would be an upgrade to the Bosch supplied with a magna charger kit but probably won't help much at lower boost levels.
The following users liked this post:
Chiselchst (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

LPE claims this pump has a 20% flow increase over the ZL1 pump (in a C7 Z06), and the '16 CTS-V pump, FWIW.

Originally Posted by lt1z
This would be an upgrade to the Bosch supplied with a magna charger kit but probably won't help much at lower boost levels.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:50 AM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
LPE claims this pump has a 20% flow increase over the ZL1 pump (in a C7 Z06), and the '16 CTS-V pump, FWIW.
I have seen better results using a larger coolant tank for the HX loop vs adding pump flow with no extra coolant volume. You can do both together but don't think you will see much benefit on a Maganacharger system with the pump alone at lower boost.

Last edited by lt1z; 04-28-2016 at 11:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Chiselchst (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:03 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Experience with these systems is invaluable...
Thanks Matt!

Originally Posted by lt1z
I have seen better results using a larger coolant tank for the HX loop vs adding pump flow with no extra coolant volume. You can do both together but don't think you will see much benefit on a Maganacharger system with the pump alone at lower boost.

Last edited by Chiselchst; 04-28-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:56 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Good find there Mitch! Wish I had seen that before I ordered the ZL1 pump, which has a 5 pole plug that I need to figure out how to wire up on my car.
Here's a pic of the ZL1 pump, which looks nothing like that one you posted.
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm no a mechanical genius, but those brackets do not appear that they would locate the suction & discharge fittings in the same location as your stock ZL1 pump. I'm wondering how much trouble these will be to swap out with the HB Bosch pump...
If my G4 wasn't in the shop I'd drop it off for you to try...
Originally Posted by CI GS
Good find there Mitch! Wish I had seen that before I ordered the ZL1 pump, which has a 5 pole plug that I need to figure out how to wire up on my car.
Here's a pic of the ZL1 pump, which looks nothing like that one you posted.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:52 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Lol. The bracket part I can handle, it's the finding the plug in my neck of the woods that's frustrating. I don't want to have to pay $50 to get a $5.00 plug shipped to me.
The worst part is, I had to go last night and find this option (link below), which I had found before I bought the ZL1 pump. It's an HD version of the Bosch pump that comes with the Hbeat kit and, based on what LPE is saying, outflows the ZL1 pump and flows very close to the ZR1 pump, comes with a harness and would obviously fit right into the existing bracket on my car, and costs only $179, to boot!
http://www.lingenfelter.com/product/...l#.VyiRJfD3arV
Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah, that looks even better. I can't find **** for specs on the Bosch pumps. There's that old LPE pump comparison, I found that. Plus many other singular test, but no side by side or specs to compare. Trying to compare each has been frustrating...
Man I'd have guessed somebody would have that 5-wire plug on the Island...
If you do get it wired, I'm real curious to see what your temps do.
Good luck.
Originally Posted by CI GS
Lol. The bracket part I can handle, it's the finding the plug in my neck of the woods that's frustrating. I don't want to have to pay $50 to get a $5.00 plug shipped to me.
The worst part is, I had to go last night and find this option (link below), which I had found before I bought the ZL1 pump. It's an HD version of the Bosch pump that comes with the Hbeat kit and, based on what LPE is saying, outflows the ZL1 pump and flows very close to the ZR1 pump, comes with a harness and would obviously fit right into the existing bracket on my car, and costs only $179, to boot!
http://www.lingenfelter.com/product/...l#.VyiRJfD3arV

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Use or Try the Newer LPE IC Pump (Designed for LT4’s)?

Quick Reply: Anyone Use or Try the Newer LPE IC Pump (Designed for LT4’s)?