C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Plates: Dual Stage vs Single Stage

Old 05-27-2016, 03:20 PM
NJWidebody
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Nitrous Plates: Dual Stage vs Single Stage

I've been running 150 shot though a 90mm plate on a stock ls7 intake for the past year. I'm looking to step up to an MSD intake and the 102mm plate. Since my ls7 bottom end was built with forged pistons and spray in mind I was also told that I should be good with a 200 shot.

My 15lb bottle with nano would last about 7 quarter mile passes before running dry. With the 200 shot I figure i'll be lucky to get 5, refiling both bottles is a pain but I love the nano so I deal. I was looking at the two stage plate to maybe split the shot into 100/100 and switch the second stage. Some days when I'm looking just run 100 I keep the second stage shut off, when i'm going for a max effort track run I switch on the second stage and have 200.

Anyone run a setup like this? Besides the cost of the second set of solenoids, plumbing and such are there any downsides? Am I asking for trouble with the 200 shot dual stage or not? Trying to decide the best path forward.

Last edited by NJWidebody; 05-27-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:49 PM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

If your motor is built correct a 200shot is nothing to be honest. Members on here and ls1tech have used 200 hits on stock bottom ends. If you have the proper supporting miss you will be completely fine. Do you have a progressive controller?

-Curtis
Old 05-27-2016, 07:17 PM
NJWidebody
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The bottom end was done by LME it's a 430 with the stock ls7 block, crank and rods. Forged pistons and all ARP hardware.

I'm using a nos mini controller now and run a half second of progressive on the 150 hit. Stand alone fuel cell with ms109, lingenfelter timing controller. I think I'm covered with all the goodies.

I more so wanted to split it with 100/100 just to have options if I don't feel like spraying the full 200 without changing pills.

Off topic but I've been following your build and it's amazing how much power that stock bottom end motor is making.

Originally Posted by C6 Curtis
If your motor is built correct a 200shot is nothing to be honest. Members on here and ls1tech have used 200 hits on stock bottom ends. If you have the proper supporting miss you will be completely fine. Do you have a progressive controller?

-Curtis
Old 05-28-2016, 10:36 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I always loved the 200 then a 100 combo.

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous Plates: Dual Stage vs Single Stage

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous Plates: Dual Stage vs Single Stage