C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Oil out Breather A&A Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 04:55 PM
RedZMonte
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default LS7 Oil out Breather A&A Vortech

Hello,

I am trying to help a friend figure out the problem he is having with his 2007 Z06 w/ a A&A Vortech S/C. the vent tube was connected to the filter like the instructions suggested and he noticed oil dripping under the car. the vent was blowing oil out into the filter and blowing all over the radiator and dripping. We unhooked the vent tube and put in a catch can and it is blowing oil out the breather and bubbling out the filter out the top of the catch can. according to the A&A instructions the PCV system on the C6Z LS7 cars leaves the valve covers connected and just attaches to the breather line that originally hooked to the intake pipe just before the throttle body but not to drill and vent the valve cover cap.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Shane
Old 05-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

oil level is probably overfilled. This is what happens when the car has too much oil in it.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:29 PM
RedZMonte
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oil level is correct, slightly below the full line. so it is building pressure and blowing oil out the breather when in boost. not sure
Old 05-27-2016, 07:11 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Slightly below full line when checked properly or when car is just sitting there?

I wouldn't even run an LS7 close to the top full line. Take a quart out of it and run it towards the low end.

If it isn't oil overfill, then next step it to check compression/crank case pressure, and make sure the check valve is working.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:20 PM
MIGHTYM0USE
Melting Slicks

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

lets see your setup.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:09 PM
Lateforwork
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same thing happen when I went to go pick up my new GS from a forum member. A&A car with the dry sump. There was a puddle of oil on the ground, after much searching we figured out it was coming from the breather tube into the intake. It ended up being over filled....check when warm not cold.

Just for kicks, we were about 2 quarts high, it was pumping it out at idle.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:29 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

I keep my oil level between the second and third dots no issues. As mentioned check when hot not cold.

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 Oil out Breather A&A Vortech

Quick Reply: LS7 Oil out Breather A&A Vortech