C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to do inline fuel system for e85 (diagram)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:29 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by CI GS
I would prefer to use a radiused hose end for the 90* to come off of the tank, even if you use a straight NPT fitting to screw into the tank instead of using the ECS bulkhead (which is a nice piece of kit, albeit too pricey for some). The reason for this is that most 90* NPT elbows are drilled from both sides and have a large step in the corner than restricts flow. See photo below which explains it better than I ever could:
There are high flow fittings that don't restrict flow like the standard ones do.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I would prefer to use a radiused hose end for the 90* to come off of the tank, even if you use a straight NPT fitting to screw into the tank instead of using the ECS bulkhead (which is a nice piece of kit, albeit too pricey for some). The reason for this is that most 90* NPT elbows are drilled from both sides and have a large step in the corner than restricts flow. See photo below which explains it better than I ever could:
I don't now if the fitting I bought is like that. It's a fragola one. Unsure if it would be the same way inside.

This is what I have: https://goo.gl/images/zB8NXl
Old 01-16-2017, 02:42 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Aeroflow makes full flow fittings in various configurations. I guess others would too but I like them.

https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/...gs/af543-10blk
Old 01-16-2017, 07:14 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Aeroflow makes full flow fittings in various configurations. I guess others would too but I like them.

https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/...gs/af543-10blk
Nice. Do they make an AN to NPT 90* like that too? I've never seen one, but it would be good if they do.
What I was referring in my earlier post was the typical 90* NPT elbow. Every one I've ever seen has a step left in the corner from when the elbow is drilled from each end.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:36 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Nice. Do they make an AN to NPT 90* like that too? I've never seen one, but it would be good if they do.
What I was referring in my earlier post was the typical 90* NPT elbow. Every one I've ever seen has a step left in the corner from when the elbow is drilled from each end.
I'm not sure if they make that. You can look on the site. They list everything. My shop is a dealer and stocks most of there stuff, so it's convenient for me to use and prices are good, because of the Australian dollar.
You can see from the pic that the bend is much thicker than the standard ones and that's why they flow more.

Quick Reply: About to do inline fuel system for e85 (diagram)