C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instant crankcase pressure relief.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 11:27 AM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneSch
Now if someone could sell me something that would make me drive better.... 11.4@137. Whoops
If you find the magic, let me know. I'm slower then a snail around the cones.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:32 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowBusa08
definitely gotta get one of these...

it looks like the mild is for <650hp, and wild is >650hp?
I usually try to take it case by case, feel free to shoot me an email mightymousesolutions@gmail.com

it is quite possible you will be forever happy with the wild, and it is up gradable to boot.

-but i got no problems selling you a wild kit! it doesn't hurt anything but the pocket to throw the big gun at it from the start.
#mmsolutions
Six time NMCA True Street Champions

Home of the first Twin Turbo C7Z 7.81 @ 176
3470# Stock bottom end and heads Corvette Stock Bottom End Record Holder
Old 09-17-2016, 08:57 PM
SlowBusa08
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by David@MMS
I usually try to take it case by case, feel free to shoot me an email mightymousesolutions@gmail.com

it is quite possible you will be forever happy with the wild, and it is up gradable to boot.

-but i got no problems selling you a wild kit! it doesn't hurt anything but the pocket to throw the big gun at it from the start.
I'll definitely hit you up soon. I just dropped a short block in the car, and the intent is to start looking for a ysi, so obviously it would make sense to go for the wild kit.
The following users liked this post:
David@MMS (09-18-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 09:51 AM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

got another batch of these ready to go!

Old 10-20-2016, 09:56 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

in stock and shipping thank you guys
Old 10-25-2016, 05:10 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Even though I am not FI, is this what I need for my stroked track car motor. I have an '02 Z06 with a stroked LS2 that makes 500+rwhp that I dd and track once a month. My second track day yesterday, oil started dripping out the bottom, so I am assuming I blew out the rear seal. It wasn't until I started pushing the car real hard on the 3rd session that the leak started. I need to do more than just repl seal and I came upon your thread. I currently have a breather set up similar to this one in this diagram:

except I have t'd the passenger side valve covers with driver side into a breather.

Will your set up be sufficient for my motor and my use or should I just do the full vacuum pump? The difference in money is not as big an issue as just fixing the problem. My apologies for the length of post but I wanted to give you all the pertinent details. Your video is very convincing. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Johnny
Old 10-25-2016, 05:14 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

For track usage on an NA engine when money is no issue, a mechanical vacuum pump is hard to beat. Blower cars don't have an easily accessible option like that. His kit is also much cheaper, but it won't pull vacuum when you really need it. That said, I'm really happy with my MM solution.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:27 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

What do you mean won't pull vacuum when you really need it? My MM can pulls vacuum all the time.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:32 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Yours pulls vacuum under boost?
Old 10-25-2016, 07:50 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Yes it does
Old 10-26-2016, 10:25 AM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by waddisme
Even though I am not FI, is this what I need for my stroked track car motor. I have an '02 Z06 with a stroked LS2 that makes 500+rwhp that I dd and track once a month. My second track day yesterday, oil started dripping out the bottom, so I am assuming I blew out the rear seal.

Will your set up be sufficient for my motor and my use or should I just do the full vacuum pump? The difference in money is not as big an issue as just fixing the problem. My apologies for the length of post but I wanted to give you all the pertinent details. Your video is very convincing. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Johnny
Johnny if you could email me some photos of your current setup/engine bay that is the quickest way for me to find the most likely cause. That being said I do custom builds to replace failing systems from other brands every day, you are in the majority. All cans are not created equal, and most are only at home on stock cars. That can, mine, or none I can make sure we don't have something making things worse, and after that can say to what level of improvement the 'Boosted' adapter will give you. Without a doubt it will help.

Originally Posted by Unreal
Yes it does
Unreal is using the DRAFT model which pulls to the air filter based on fitting size, position, and air filter restriction. (scavenge only not pcv system) If this suction is lost, or if crankcase pressure exceeds the suction then the can switches modes to stabilize crankcase pressure to atmosphere. The pcv system, (PCV model) can of course relies on intake manifold vacuum (like stock) which on most builds that suction is lost at full load, and the can switches modes to stabilize crank pressure to atmosphere.

It would take the 'Recirculator' option if you wanted to perform both operations simultaneously.

Last edited by David@MMS; 10-26-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Line to preblower provides suction. Only not under vacuum if crank case pressure exceeds the vacuum source. So yes it is under vacuum except when something bad happens then the MM safety feature of the 1 way vent kicks in and vents the excess pressure, otherwise it is under vacuum 100% of the time.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:36 AM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Major update to original post; Thanks for the support everyone!
Old 10-26-2016, 02:42 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

I tried running it like that but he talked me out of it. My original catch can was routed that way.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Do whatever works. I had it both draft and just vented and notice zero difference.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:05 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
I tried running it like that but he talked me out of it. My original catch can was routed that way.
We can always email or pm if you have any questions or perhaps your build changes direction.

I take each can build from a blank sheet of paper and make the recommendations based on the info I gather on the car and owner, not past sales or even what is necessarily popular.

Unfortunately this leads to some confusion when people get to comparing setups down the river... guys hooking up a vacuum line to their can because they saw some other guy had one..etc. well that's dangerous. When in doubt from me or otherwise, always go back to the manufacturer, especially of something custom built just for you.

Last edited by David@MMS; 10-26-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:08 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks to David my MM setup works flawlessly under any conditions. When in doubt, ask an expert!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Instant crankcase pressure relief.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:26 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Thanks to David my MM setup works flawlessly under any conditions. When in doubt, ask an expert!!!
CMY SIX isn't always available, so expert opinions may not be easy to get.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:01 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Unreal
CMY SIX isn't always available, so expert opinions may not be easy to get.
What will we do !!!!
Old 10-26-2016, 11:24 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE=David@MMS;1593333132]Johnny if you could email me some photos of your current setup/engine bay that is the quickest way for me to find the most likely cause. That being said I do custom builds to replace failing systems from other brands every day, you are in the majority. All cans are not created equal, and most are only at home on stock cars. That can, mine, or none I can make sure we don't have something making things worse, and after that can say to what level of improvement the 'Boosted' adapter will give you. Without a doubt it will help.

Here is my current set up:

I have the older style valve covers, so there is a line from the driver side vc that is tee'd to the 2 ports on passenger side ports and run to breather can. The valley cover port is run to its own catch can. There was little to zero oil in both cans after 5 sessions.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Instant crankcase pressure relief.