C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 09:22 AM
curtisb23
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

^ +1
Old 07-22-2016, 10:17 AM
JasonCzerak
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The only issue I have with the ECS kit is the lack of radiator and A/C flow for my Z51 car.

Could very well be installation error from the previous texas shop (because some things were cut in a way that will make a sane person say "W T F?")

Once I cut out the bumper support a bit to allow air flow, the car stays cool in 90 degree temps and A/C on full blast.

The A&A kit does the intercooler placement differently, thus I haven't heard much about the cooling issues with their setup.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonCzerak
The only issue I have with the ECS kit is the lack of radiator and A/C flow for my Z51 car.

Could very well be installation error from the previous texas shop (because some things were cut in a way that will make a sane person say "W T F?")

Once I cut out the bumper support a bit to allow air flow, the car stays cool in 90 degree temps and A/C on full blast.

The A&A kit does the intercooler placement differently, thus I haven't heard much about the cooling issues with their setup.
All centri kits have the same issue. I like the ECS intercooler setup for cooling FAR FAR more than the other 2 options. It doesn't block the whole radiator, just part of it unlike some other options that block the whole front opening.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:02 AM
JasonCzerak
Racer

Originally Posted by Unreal
All centri kits have the same issue. I like the ECS intercooler setup for cooling FAR FAR more than the other 2 options. It doesn't block the whole radiator, just part of it unlike some other options that block the whole front opening.
Then they all suck until you open that bumper support. 90 degree day, stop and go traffic, A/C on full and a black car, even on e85 is rather unbearable when the coolant temps hit 240 and the A/C is ineffective, thus requiring you to stop the A/C, open the windows so the motor cools off to 230.

Now, with the fix, I've seen 205 in the same situation.

Last edited by JasonCzerak; 07-22-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:21 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,184 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

This is the primary reason I went A&A on my GS. Their intercooler design is not obstructed by the bumper support and they include the Dewitts upgrade on the dry sump GS/Z06. They also include block off plates/brackets to keep the majority of the air flowing through the intercooler & cooling system. I never had any issues with cooling when running just the A&A kit without meth injection. Yes, the temps would go up if doing repeated runs, but they would drop back down very quickly after letting off and just cruising. I could typically do 4-5 WOT highway runs back to back before reaching a level where I felt I needed to let the car cool off for a few minutes. My normal coolant temps were within 10 degrees of stock (pre-blower) levels, and even sitting in stop and go traffic my AC never shut down and I never exceeded 230 degrees on the coolant (FYI I would see up to 230 pre-blower sitting in traffic on a hot (100+) day). Adding meth (or meth/water) injection will help pull additional heat out of the intake air, which will alleviate heat transfer to the coolant & oil, which is one reason why I think you'll find ECS and their installers really recommend it for their builds.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Then they all suck until you open that bumper support. 90 degree day, stop and go traffic, A/C on full and a black car, even on e85 is rather unbearable when the coolant temps hit 240 and the A/C is ineffective, thus requiring you to stop the A/C, open the windows so the motor cools off to 230.

Now, with the fix, I've seen 205 in the same situation.
It isn't about the bumper support, it is just blocking airflow to the radiator. Radiator upgrade and fans fix any cooling issues.

Was driving around yesterday in 117-118F weather, and car never saw over 217 with AC blasting ice cold, in stop/go city driving.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:46 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Unreal, are you still on an aluminum shortblock or an iron block? I'm wondering if the iron block not shedding as much heat is some people's issues. Even in 98 degree heat with a heat index of 112, my car never missed a beat. It's a cut down Dewitt radiator (don't judge me haha), trimmed 05 fan that's sealed to the radiator, minor ducting, front bumper opening trimmed, and a vented hood but a Procharger race IC. Between an iron block and lack of street tuning, it could put some people's cooling system over the edge.

Last edited by chpmnsws6; 07-22-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:52 PM
JasonCzerak
Racer

It isn't about the bumper support, it is just blocking airflow to the radiator. Radiator upgrade and fans fix any cooling issues.

Was driving around yesterday in 117-118F weather, and car never saw over 217 with AC blasting ice cold, in stop/go city driving.
I have the tall dewitts and dual fans at 90% and that didn't solve a thing.

it's a huge _FACT_ that cutting the bumper support in fact dropped temps 40 degrees all around. Hell the tunnel heat 20 degrees cooler as noted by my thermo gun.

Yes, I have the proper air dam under the car as well.

Last edited by JasonCzerak; 07-22-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
Unreal, are you still on an aluminum shortblock or an iron block? I'm wondering if the iron block not shedding as much heat is some people's issues. Even in 98 degree heat with a heat index of 112, my car never missed a beat. It's a cut down Dewitt radiator (don't judge me haha), trimmed 05 fan that's sealed to the radiator, minor ducting, front bumper opening trimmed, and a vented hood but a Procharger race IC. Between an iron block and lack of street tuning, it could put some people's cooling system over the edge.
Iron block.

Jason, you would have had the same issue with any of the centri kits. They all suck when it comes to radiator cooling. And if by dual fans you did the dewitts/spal dual fans, those are a big downgrade from factory. So that explains part of it. They barely move any air.

Last edited by Unreal; 07-22-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:57 PM
JasonCzerak
Racer

Iron block.

Jason, you would have had the same issue with any of the centri kits. They all suck when it comes to radiator cooling.
which is my point. However, if the A&A intercooler is moved forward a few inches from where ECS puts theirs, i'd imagine the A&A would be better assuming the car as the factory air dam under it that's supposed to force air up from under the car. If that part is removed then there's not hope regardless of supercharger or not.

Last edited by JasonCzerak; 07-22-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

which is my point. However, if the A&A intercooler is moved forward a few inches from where ECS puts theirs, i'd imagine the A&A would be better assuming the car as the factory air dam under it that's supposed to force air up from under the car. If that part is removed then there's not hope regardless of supercharger or not.
Its a trade off. They move it farther forward, but now block the whole front opening. ECS only blocks ~60% so it allows fresh air to hit the radiator and air filter. Its basically a wash when it comes to cooling. I've ran both, and noticed zero difference in cooling between the two.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:13 PM
JasonCzerak
Racer

Its a trade off. They move it farther forward, but now block the whole front opening. ECS only blocks ~60% so it allows fresh air to hit the radiator and air filter. Its basically a wash when it comes to cooling. I've ran both, and noticed zero difference in cooling between the two.
Cut it up!

Last edited by JasonCzerak; 07-22-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:59 PM
msorando01
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks to be still for sale. Did you end up taking a look at it?

Quick Reply: supercharger