C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS guys chime in please. Need help picking the correct HB and injectors.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 04:22 PM
Dimewise
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like the way to go
Old 07-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Dimewise
Pro

So I've got the flex fuel part down. Any particular injector that wont break the bank? Semi-budget build here.

ATI and IW balancer 6 or 10 rib?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:41 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

Ids are the only thing I would put on my car. After tuning with cheaper injectors, I'll never tune another car unless it has ids
Old 07-26-2016, 07:29 PM
Dimewise
Pro

Ok ill look into them for sure. The fact that I can run 93 and then fill up on E-85 sounds badass. I take it the stock fuel lines will have to be completely replaced?
Old 07-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Stock fuel lines are fine up to a certain point.

ID1000s/1300s, and I would do the IW 10 rib OD balancer. Even if you run a 6 rib no reason not to run the 10 rib incase you ever upgrade to 8 or 10 rib later.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:56 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Not much I can add to that other than I agree
Old 07-26-2016, 09:59 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude_man
Ids are the only thing I would put on my car. After tuning with cheaper injectors, I'll never tune another car unless it has ids
What does it matter what brand or how much an injector costs so long as you're provided with the injector data from the manufacturer?
Old 07-26-2016, 10:03 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Unreal
Can beat on it on 93 too, just won't make as much power. Car will adjust fuel and timing to be safe on either gas. May make 600 on 93 and 700 on e85 for example.
I made around 600 on the 93 tune with no real timing in, made 700+ on the E tune. I will say that I am getting some belt slip here and there above 6,500rpm.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:29 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by MBB
What does it matter what brand or how much an injector costs so long as you're provided with the injector data from the manufacturer?
Only a few give the actual data, all the cheaper big injectors dont like to idle smooth, You have to trick the ECUs to get them to idle at stoich and not "buck" under low cruising etc. Until youre the one doing to the tuning and go from those to ID's youll never understand. I thought the same thing as you until I was the one behind the laptop.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:35 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Key word being "actual"

ID's data sheets multiplied by 0.9 isn't exactly "actual", regardless of what some used to claim

Maybe there are others that give real data now? I don't know--ID's have worked for me so I use them
Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

I had it explained to me once like this

" take a garden hose with a spray nozzle, turn the water on full blast, the nozzle can control the amount of water coming out pretty easily. Now fill up a shot glass with water, take the nozzle off with the water on full blast, and now try to fill up the shot glass" Nozzle= ids, open= big cheaper injectors
Old 07-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Agreed. Until you swap and realize how much better it can get you don't know. Cheap injectors will keep most happy but they don't realize what they are missing.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:53 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Car will make plenty of power with just pump+meth. Double pin your stock balancer and be done with a good SD tune.

Once you go with a bigger head unit and a built motor, then I'd look at the ID 1300's/flex fuel.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:37 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Only a few give the actual data, all the cheaper big injectors dont like to idle smooth, You have to trick the ECUs to get them to idle at stoich and not "buck" under low cruising etc. Until youre the one doing to the tuning and go from those to ID's youll never understand. I thought the same thing as you until I was the one behind the laptop.
Agreed. Until you swap and realize how much better it can get you don't know. Cheap injectors will keep most happy but they don't realize what they are missing.
I just don't see the point honestly. I daily my car and it doesn't buck or flare. It idles fine and drives fine low speed as Louis fixed all of that in the driveability tune.

On the flip side I'll need IDs if I decide to go up anymore as I'm pushing these 108lbers at around 80% already, but for a build like his I don't see a need especially if by your own admissions you can only tell a difference when you've used both.

I can only speak for myself and the miles I've already put on a build similar to what the OP is looking at building.

He's not going to be the one behind the laptop, so what does it matter?
Old 07-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Dude_man
Drifting

Originally Posted by MBB
I just don't see the point honestly. I daily my car and it doesn't buck or flare. It idles fine and drives fine low speed as Louis fixed all of that in the driveability tune.

On the flip side I'll need IDs if I decide to go up anymore as I'm pushing these 108lbers at around 80% already, but for a build like his I don't see a need especially if by your own admissions you can only tell a difference when you've used both.

I can only speak for myself and the miles I've already put on a build similar to what the OP is looking at building.

He's not going to be the one behind the laptop, so what does it matter?
You think its "fine" because you never had Id's. Its like saying why lose your virginity when your hands been getting the job done without a vagina.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

That was my point. Most people don't realize what they are missing. When they get to sample both, they go ID and never look back. There is a reason for that.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:26 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

You think its "fine" because you never had Id's. Its like saying why lose your virginity when your hands been getting the job done without a vagina.
I don't think that's exactly the same, power is power the refinement of the tune is for the tuner to worry about, the customer rarely gives a **** so long as the car performs as he wants.

I have no doubt that the IDs are superior, I'm speaking purely for this person's needs and the needs of like 90% of the guys on here that barely break 600whp.

Off/On the topic of Vagina: Do you have any idea of the Vette I or any of us would have without our women? Sometimes I wish I'd have kept wacking and stopped dating.

Straight Jackin' saves you that mad cream!!! $$$$$

Last edited by MBB; 07-28-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS guys chime in please. Need help picking the correct HB and injectors.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:34 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Disagree, my wife helps support my hobby.

Tuner can only do so much with the tools he is given. Given subpar injectors/data he can only do so well. Problem is the little things get passed off as normal, or because of the cam, or thats how blower cars drive, when in reality it could all be fixed easily. So if the customer is willing to fall for those little lies, cool.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:52 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Disagree, my wife helps support my hobby.
So does mine... Women are expensive is the point. How much play money goes to their home improvement ideas that you don't even want to do? etc etc etc

Tuner can only do so much with the tools he is given. Given subpar injectors/data he can only do so well. Problem is the little things get passed off as normal, or because of the cam, or thats how blower cars drive, when in reality it could all be fixed easily. So if the customer is willing to fall for those little lies, cool.
Maybe I'd have any of those issues if my car had a cam, but I don't so I can't speak to others. My car drives stock but then again I live in Dallas...we've got a good concentration of the best LS tuners in the US here.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:20 PM
Dimewise
Pro

Update: IW 6-rib balancer and ID1000s ordered.

Quick Reply: ECS guys chime in please. Need help picking the correct HB and injectors.