C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aps twin turbo c6 kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 01:42 PM
aAZz
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so Kit has been installed. Looks like we got everything figured out so far. Had tune scheduled for the 10th with NicD but we were having trouble making boost. Car was only making #2 pounds of boost and only made around 480 wheel. Did a boost leak test and had a couple of places that we were leaking boost so got that all figured out and added a manual boost controller. Car is now making around 5.5 psi or so. Thinking of bumping that up too 7-8 psi and calling it quits. I did do a upgraded radiator and fan while the car was down but it is still running a little too hot. Its cooled down too about 100 degrees or so in phx and with the ac on it gets all the way up to 230 or so which i'm not too happy about. Might have to cut some holes in the hood or something to help it cool down a bit as I want to be able to daily it with the ac on. Car was pinging a bit on the dyno so not sure if i just had some bad gas in there or the cam isn't super happy. Car was sitting for a good 3 weeks tho so hoping its that and not the cam. Will have tune scheduled next week and post results
Old 09-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Dude_man
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 75 Posts

Do a custom radiator "shroud" or whatever its called. AKA sheet metal plate that bolts the to the bumper support then to the top of the radiator
Old 09-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Holes in hood won't help.

What fan did you do and what radiator? There is only a few fans worth a damn.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:56 AM
aAZz
Instructor

Dewwit's radiator and Spal fans. It runs fine without ac on but it's when I turn them on that it slowly starts creeping up. Radiator did have some air bubbles in the system and believe most of it is out. Drove it last night with ac on full blast and stayed below 220 but was only 85 or so at night
Old 09-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

What spal fans? That is like saying it has a GM motor.

They can be great spal fans or crap spal fans.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:47 PM
aAZz
Instructor

I'm not sure on the fans i'd have to double check when i get home but they were the same fans that were on my buddies supercharged c6 and he didn't really have any issues getting that hot.
I wasn't thinking of just cutting random holes on the hood either something like adding a camaro hood scoop which I've seen done on a couple of c6's and look pretty good imo.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

But has very very very little effect on cooling. Not a bad idea to do, but it won't fix your issue.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:11 PM
aAZz
Instructor

I wanted to do that regardless i just figured i'd do it sooner then later to see if it helps any with cooling down the car a bit.
I think i'm going to do what dude_man suggested and try to have a custom radiator shroud made or installing a 160 thermostat

Last edited by aAZz; 09-16-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

160 thermostat won't help either.

Shroud will.

Working on mine tomorrow, even though my car has no issues, figured it will only help.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:33 PM
aAZz
Instructor

post a pic when you're done i'd love to see it. If you're interested and want to replicate it i'd love to pick one up from you as well rather then try and make one as i dont have fabricating skills lol
Old 09-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

No "replication" since it will be custom built on car for my specific setup/intercooler/etc. I can give you my guys number if you want after he is done with mine, but not your setup wouldn't be close to my setup.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:45 PM
aAZz
Instructor

Yea that'll work thought u were doing it at home. But i'd still definitely want his number as that is something I would like to do on my car as well.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:50 PM
aAZz
Instructor

QUick shot of the car while i was waiting for my tuner. Had to lift the car up front because with all the added weight the front was super low

Had very heavy rainfall yesterday and almost didn't make it to the dyno as it was a little sketchy to drive it through all the puddles and our freeways have been known to flood with heavy rain but Car made about 500rwhp spinning on the dyno and weren't able to get a reading on tq as my car doesn't like to play well with their inductive pick up i guess. Pretty happy with it at 7#'s. Tuner recommended nothing past that as the cam and higher compression on the motor aren't really helping out much. So plan is to pick up a block and drop some forged internals over the winter time while i enjoy driving it. Plus side of everything is that i had to drive through about a hour of traffic time and car didn't see anything over 205 temp wise.

Last edited by aAZz; 09-23-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:16 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

nicely done using Nic d
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 09-23-2016, 05:23 PM
aAZz
Instructor

Yea he has been the only guy that has touched this car aside from Rich and I. Most of the FB guys that try and bash on him just make themselves look stupid tbh. Numerous cars out here by him setting records or whooping *** in the street.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:24 PM
aAZz
Instructor

I do need to talk to you about a motor build tho or if you have any shortblocks.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:09 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Nice! How did you address the temp issue?

Originally Posted by aAZz
QUick shot of the car while i was waiting for my tuner. Had to lift the car up front because with all the added weight the front was super low

Had very heavy rainfall yesterday and almost didn't make it to the dyno as it was a little sketchy to drive it through all the puddles and our freeways have been known to flood with heavy rain but Car made about 500rwhp spinning on the dyno and weren't able to get a reading on tq as my car doesn't like to play well with their inductive pick up i guess. Pretty happy with it at 7#'s. Tuner recommended nothing past that as the cam and higher compression on the motor aren't really helping out much. So plan is to pick up a block and drop some forged internals over the winter time while i enjoy driving it. Plus side of everything is that i had to drive through about a hour of traffic time and car didn't see anything over 205 temp wise.

Get notified of new replies

To aps twin turbo c6 kit

Old 09-23-2016, 06:12 PM
aAZz
Instructor

Originally Posted by NYOverlord
Nice! How did you address the temp issue?
well it does have a dewitt's radiator and upgraded fans but we just burped all the air out. It had alot of air in there for some reason and was more of a hassle then it should of been to get it out but looks like we got all the air bubbles out finally. Haven't tried turning on the ac yet as its cooled down quite a bit lately. I do plan to build a shroud for it tho and add a camaro hood scoop to be able to let some air out easier
Old 09-23-2016, 06:14 PM
iced98lx
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good. I especially like the wheel color choice.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:41 PM
aAZz
Instructor

Originally Posted by iced98lx
Looking good. I especially like the wheel color choice.
i'm still sorta iffy about it sometimes i like it other times i just want to dip them black like i had them before. I needed new tires and i ended up getting these with good tires for cheaper then getting new tires so stuck them on for now. They are powder coated but didn't have the caps so i took them off my other ones which are black but not sure i like how they look that way so might wrap them in carbon fiber since my b-pillar and targa roof are already wrapped in carbon fiber

Quick Reply: aps twin turbo c6 kit