C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single Turbo C6 Build | Billet S475 | E85

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 11:27 PM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff

Make it to the track yet ?
Old 02-02-2017, 01:27 AM
advancivic
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That gbody is pretty ******* quick to keep up from a roll. I'm guessing he's a dig car so that's pretty impressive.

Btw car looking/sounding good man! Now just get bbg set up so you can do digs!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:29 PM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by advancivic
That gbody is pretty ******* quick to keep up from a roll. I'm guessing he's a dig car so that's pretty impressive.

Providing that vette runs how an 800 plus RWHP corvette should run.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Enjoiskater
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you do with thw coolant crossover hose from the heads? My new rad doesnt have a place for it. Also i have the cx racing headers and crossover i know you made your own crossover but did you need to run a scavange pump for the oil return?
Old 03-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Roger G
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Updated Status - Almost Done!

Originally Posted by Enjoiskater
What did you do with thw coolant crossover hose from the heads? My new rad doesnt have a place for it. Also i have the cx racing headers and crossover i know you made your own crossover but did you need to run a scavange pump for the oil return?

I'm almost done just turned in my turbo and piping items to Carlos Tirado for Ceramic and Powder Coating.

Check out the pictures:
Attached Images         
The following users liked this post:
BABYBUGY (06-07-2019)
Old 03-12-2017, 11:51 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

car looks amazing. in for some results and curious how that intake holds up
Old 04-04-2017, 01:01 AM
westtexasbuff
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger G
I'm almost done just turned in my turbo and piping items to Carlos Tirado for Ceramic and Powder Coating.

Check out the pictures:
Car looks great man, JMS does some amazing work.

For those that have been asking - this car was sold to a local guy.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:29 PM
nenji01
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this might be a dumb question but would you build it again if you had the chance? was it worth it? any major issues that poped up or what was the deal breaker?
Old 04-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Roger G
Advanced

Default Is it worth it?

Originally Posted by nenji01
this might be a dumb question but would you build it again if you had the chance? was it worth it? any major issues that poped up or what was the deal breaker?

So, mine is not out of the shop yet so I would not be able to answer your question about the major issues yet. Ultimately, I believe I have done everything possible working with JMS to make the car as solid as possible. The reality is that any car that you modify may have issues down the road, but if you plan accordingly and do your homework you will have less issues. Even a new car off of the lot might have issues based on faulty parts.

The reality is that if you are going to use your car as a daily driver than you would not want to modify it to the extent I have modified mine. My car is going to be a weekend spirited drive... :-) I plan on taking her to the track as often as possible to improve my reaction time and build up my seat time. I will have to learn her all over again as I'm basically doubling her HP/TQ numbers and thus she will be completely different that she was prior to going into JMS Racing for this build.

My car has a new ERL 383 short block using LS6 Block, Callies Crank Rods, and Wiseco Pistons, 11:1; 7.400 - push rods, Custom Comp Cam, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, LS6 Oil Pump, LS6 Heads (CNC Ported with 3 angle valve job and lowed the height all the way across the towers by .050); Finish Line Level VI Transmission, Trans Cooler, Yank SS Series Stall Converter and 3.42 Gears. Plus all of the custom Turbo items created by JMS on this build. Lots of $$$ spent on getting her to this level and I believe I am going to enjoy her!

Bottom Line: It would have been much cheaper to purchase one already done, but you never know what you will get if you do that! We can never get out of these cars what we have in them, but we do it because we love it. So, after all that is it worth it? To me it is, but you have to have a passion for it.

Hopefully, I answered your question.

Roger
Old 07-03-2017, 01:49 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Enjoiskater
Did you ever fix this issue? Just ordered the cx-Racing kit & will be upgrading it. I am also curious if he ever ran a scavenge pump since CX-Racing states that one is needed
Old 07-03-2017, 02:06 AM
Sergio7
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Btw dis you have any pictures of your bumper exit of how thing were cut through the inside? & did you have to run a scavenge pump?
Old 07-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Roger G
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sergio7
Did you ever fix this issue? Just ordered the cx-Racing kit & will be upgrading it. I am also curious if he ever ran a scavenge pump since CX-Racing states that one is needed
They made a custom set up...

Old 07-24-2017, 09:16 PM
JRock636
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to start a turbo build on my C6. My fuel pump is about dead though so instead of dicking with the **** poor fuel system on this car, I wanted to do a fuel cell. Got any details on how yours is done. I'm fed up with the stock system lol. This is a great thread with tons of info, thanks!
Old 07-25-2017, 06:38 AM
Roger G
Advanced

Default Fuel System

Originally Posted by JRock636
I'm about to start a turbo build on my C6. My fuel pump is about dead though so instead of dicking with the **** poor fuel system on this car, I wanted to do a fuel cell. Got any details on how yours is done. I'm fed up with the stock system lol. This is a great thread with tons of info, thanks!
JMS is modifying my entire fuel system. I'm on E-85 thus much bigger fuel injectors (160 lbs). Bigger fuel pump in the tank and an in line pump too. Fast Fuel rails... Don't know the specifics because they are doing it for me... I will ask the question and see what they tell me and respond to your question.

Roger
Old 07-25-2017, 08:55 PM
JRock636
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been ironing out all the little bugs, and beating on it on 6lbs haha. Definitely will need to upgrade wheel/tire combo soon. Just spins through third gear.
I need more info on this cell setup in particular haha.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:31 AM
Jason.
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Did your car get flooded? Thought I saw a pic floating on Facebook that look like yours
Old 08-30-2017, 12:12 PM
curtisb23
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

He sold this car a while ago

Get notified of new replies

To Single Turbo C6 Build | Billet S475 | E85

Old 10-05-2017, 10:39 AM
KevinD92
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

$65 shipped!
Old 12-16-2017, 12:35 PM
MRc5z
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I know this car was sold and all, hopefully the previous owner will still chime in. Were there any issue with the driver side manifold being so close to the alternator long term? I'm wondering if the heat wrap was sufficient. I have a vented hood so hoping that'll help a bunch as well. Going off the other C5 fellow, these manifolds/kits look promising
Old 12-17-2017, 11:07 PM
Roger G
Advanced

Originally Posted by MRc5z
I know this car was sold and all, hopefully, the previous owner will still chime in. Was there any issue with the driver side manifold being so close to the alternator long term? I'm wondering if the heat wrap was sufficient. I have a vented hood so hoping that'll help a bunch as well. Going off the other C5 fellow, these manifolds/kits look promising
I changed my setup... I pulled my ERL 383 Motor for an LQ9 6.0 Iron Block. Changing it to a Stroker Motor...408 (6.7L). LS3 ported heads, LS3 intake manifold, Wisco Pistons, Callie Rods, and Crankshaft. Looking to get 900+ RWHP.

That said, to answer your question my boy has a very similar setup but has not had any issues with the alternator. He also uses JMS Racing.

Roger

Quick Reply: Single Turbo C6 Build | Billet S475 | E85