C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8 Rib Pulley Install - Tricks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Lexicon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 8 Rib Pulley Install - Tricks?

I could use a quick response. I am preparing the car for a SC install and have a PowerBond 10% OD HB that has been on back order for 2 months. I was planning on going 8 rib then saw a thread that made it sound like putting on the pulleys is a significant job. I am considering canceling the PB and ordering an Innovators West kit since they have them in stock. However, it looks like they don't include the spacers, bolts, etc. compared to the A&A 8 rib conversion kit. I don't see details from ECS on 8 rib.

What "special" tool is used to put on the Innovators West HB? They don't show a picture and I assume it is the method using a long piece of threads.

Can the other pulleys be swapped out w/o special pullers?

The thread I saw was not for a 07 Corvette but they had to grind, use washers, etc to get proper alignment. Is any of that involved?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Balancer just goes on with normal balancer install tool.

The other pullies are where you get into having to move them in or out to make sure everything is aligned.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexicon
I could use a quick response. I am preparing the car for a SC install and have a PowerBond 10% OD HB that has been on back order for 2 months. I was planning on going 8 rib then saw a thread that made it sound like putting on the pulleys is a significant job. I am considering canceling the PB and ordering an Innovators West kit since they have them in stock. However, it looks like they don't include the spacers, bolts, etc. compared to the A&A 8 rib conversion kit. I don't see details from ECS on 8 rib.

What "special" tool is used to put on the Innovators West HB? They don't show a picture and I assume it is the method using a long piece of threads.

Can the other pulleys be swapped out w/o special pullers?

The thread I saw was not for a 07 Corvette but they had to grind, use washers, etc to get proper alignment. Is any of that involved?
if you run the A&A 8 rib it comes with all the correct spacers to match up to the ATI 8 rib hb
Old 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Ecs comes standard with spacers and pulleys for 8 rib. If you have an a&a kit you need to call Josh and order the spacers, etc. I would order the parts from the vendor of your kit.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Lexicon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. I will get it from the vendor and put the PB on when it arrives.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:00 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I thought the pb didn't work for 8 rib?

Get notified of new replies

To 8 Rib Pulley Install - Tricks?

Quick Reply: 8 Rib Pulley Install - Tricks?