C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't make more than 6PSI on TT build

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 01:40 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Can't make more than 6PSI on TT build

The issue my tuner saw is the second pump must draw a ton of amps, wiring is too small or alternator can't keep up. The battery voltage drops from 13.8 volts to 12.3 volts =O

I'm running a TTIX kit on my 434 cube motor and stand alone ECU (Pro EFI) computer.

Any thoughts/suggestions/advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Despirately trying to make it to Sunday's SlipStream roll race event.

-Thanks!
Old 08-10-2016, 03:24 PM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Probably starting by telling us your fuel system will let us know where to begin.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Initial post needs more information. Can't make more than 6 psi of manifold pressure or 6 psi of fuel pressure? Where is the data being read from?
Old 08-10-2016, 07:49 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

And why can't you get past 6psi? So, voltage drops some. And..?
Old 08-10-2016, 08:00 PM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
And why can't you get past 6psi? So, voltage drops some. And..?
Lol so true. Way to vague

-Curtis
Old 08-10-2016, 08:11 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

not sure at all what's going on here but Billetech alternator is a great upgrade regardless
Old 08-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Ask the shops that put the car together. You paid a ton of money, they should be fixing the issues, not the internet.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:10 PM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Unreal
Ask the shops that put the car together. You paid a ton of money, they should be fixing the issues, not the internet.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Had two shops neck deep in it. Obviously have mechanical issues that a remote tuner can't deal with. This is just a nightmare unfolding.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:22 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Originally Posted by Unreal
Had two shops neck deep in it. Obviously have mechanical issues that a remote tuner can't deal with. This is just a nightmare unfolding.
Good thing the tuner as coming up to see the car himself in 2 weeks. But yeah, you're right about that. The fuel system is an Aeromotive eliminator good for 1400 hp. It is an external fuel pump that comes on at medium/high boost.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 736 Likes on 546 Posts

Lack of fuel pump pressure? Possibly caused by a low voltage or high current draw condition?
This sh*t is NOT rocket science. Basic electrical troubleshooting...
Is the alternator charging? Easy to tell with a load tester. Shop doesn't have one or know how to use it?
Is the fuel pump receiving full voltage? Does it have a good ground? Check with a voltmeter?
Same question re: shop capability.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:28 PM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Why is everyone so god awful and putting together complete thoughts lately? No one is going to be able to help you with the severe lack of information.

Okay cool, you have an Aeromotive eliminator.

How is it setup? Are you running the stock pump that is using the stock wiring harness? Are you using a separate controller (or voltage regulator) for the eliminator to kick on when the car sees boost? Are you running a controler? Is it an Aeromotive controller or a hotwire kit? What is controlling the separate controller? ProEFI or a pressure switch? Are you running a power cable from the battery to the controller? What size wire is it? Have you taken a multimeter to ANY of the wiring?

Plus, we all are still trying to figure out what you mean by 6psi in the title? Boost? Fuel Pressure?

Dude, seriously, I mean this in the nicest way, either let the shop fix it or start learning some mechanical ability. You want a 1khp+ car--either get used to writing fat checks to have shops constantly fixing stuff or begin understanding how to diagnosis/troubleshoot/repair stuff.
The following 4 users liked this post by staticki:
Detoxx03 (08-11-2016), Dude_man (08-15-2016), schpenxel (08-13-2016), Unreal (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 09:59 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Post of the year

A++

Would read again

Last edited by schpenxel; 08-13-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:38 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Post of the year

A++

Would read again

And seriously.. W T F OP
Thanks
Old 08-11-2016, 11:50 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Wow! If that was meant in the nicest way, I'd love to hear you say any other way!
Well, I'm clueless at this. And shame on me I guess. I just spend all my time trying to make money so I can afford these cars (yes, writing fat checks and all). I'd rather spend my extra time at work than learning about this only because it's not really worth my time to research and take the time many forum members (so many of whom are tuners and this is child's play). I don't mean to come off as a shot. But it's just the truth. Silly me, I thought I'd get some advice without being bashed to pieces. Lesson learned. The reason I posted is because clearly, I DON'T KNOW JACK. By the way, I can answer only one of those questions: 6psi of BOOST, not fuel pressure. I will thankfully show these posts to my tuner and perhaps it will be helpful, perhaps he will laugh. I'm sure you all have had a good one on me.

Let's do us all a favor a stick a fork in this thread. Terrible sorry to inconvenience you guys.

Originally Posted by staticki
Why is everyone so god awful and putting together complete thoughts lately? No one is going to be able to help you with the severe lack of information.

How is it setup? Are you running the stock pump that is using the stock wiring harness? Are you using a separate controller (or voltage regulator) for the eliminator to kick on when the car sees boost? Are you running a controler? Is it an Aeromotive controller or a hotwire kit? What is controlling the separate controller? ProEFI or a pressure switch? Are you running a power cable from the battery to the controller? What size wire is it? Have you taken a multimeter to ANY of the wiring?

Plus, we all are still trying to figure out what you mean by 6psi in the title? Boost? Fuel Pressure?

Dude, seriously, I mean this in the nicest way, either let the shop fix it or start learning some mechanical ability. You want a 1khp+ car--either get used to writing fat checks to have shops constantly fixing stuff or begin understanding how to diagnosis/troubleshoot/repair stuff.

Last edited by NYOverlord; 08-12-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:06 AM
NYOverlord
Pro

Sorry guys. While I meant most of what I said (hence why I'm leaving that post), I didn't mean to come off as a jerk. My nerves are shot and to be honest, it's really not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. While most of you were posting last night (around 11:00PM) I happened to be rushing my father to the hospital because he was suffering from what ended up being a TGA, also known as a mini stroke. (Thankfully, my wife and I live very close to my parents' house). Really puts everything into perspective for me. My father's expected to make a full recovery (Thank you Jesus). But I am sorry to come off all pissy. Not quite myself at the moment. Thanks for all your suggestions. Will try to make the most of it.

Originally Posted by staticki

Old 08-12-2016, 02:15 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Well I never responded cause I felt like when you came to check to see if anyone responded you'd read it and understand that there wasn't enough information for a lot of things. And ppl here are willing to help a lot, me included, but every car is different and everyone does stuff differently so those details have to be given to get any good help on things. Since you've said you don't know much it makes it difficult to help you in anyway sorry. GL! BTW who's your tuner for the Pro EFI?

Get notified of new replies

To Can't make more than 6PSI on TT build

Old 08-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

If those turbos aren't making boost I can only imagine a huge boost leak somewhere. Electrical, fuel, or tuning shouldn't have any effect there although things can go badly in a hurry if they aren't working properly.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:22 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I think what is happening is he is runing out of fuel so 6psi is all they can tune for at the moment. That is what I got out of the first post.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:55 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

That's what it sounds like.

A. I don't see how dropping to 12V is going to drop fuel pressure to that degree, especially with the fuel system he has. If you're stretching the stock pump to the limit or something then yeah, lower voltage is going to hurt..

B. If you need more current, get a billet tech alternator. Not a difficult call there.

C. If the wiring is too small, install larger wiring. I doubt this is the problem. Talk to fuel system manufacturer first and see what they think

Quick Reply: Can't make more than 6PSI on TT build