C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need C6TT Engine Recipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 10:01 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Agreed. I do know one guy running one that hasn't had any issues... literally starts right up every time.. but no use in having a possible issue if you can just change the reluctor wheel and be done with it
Old 08-15-2016, 10:02 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by staticki
I would suggest not going with a reluctor conversion box. Ton of horror stories on LS1tech about guys using them and being stranded because the box craps out. You can build a LS3 block, just when selecting the crank get a 24x reluctor instead of the 58x.

Easy enough.
100% agreed. Only reason to run one would be if you got a complete drop out ls3 cheap and just wanted to run it. If crank is coming out for any reason, wheel should be swapped.
The following users liked this post:
KSA Aaron (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 01:30 PM
KSA Aaron
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I wound up acquiring a very low mile LS2 engine. Intent is to add cam (BTR Stage 2 Turbo cam/springs) and possibly LS3 top end package if I can locate before I am ready to install complete engine in car. I also plan to add MeOH and tune combo upon new engine install.

This route will allow me to build my original engine to my desire, if I choose after the fact.

Any thoughts or suggestion on my planned path forward?
Old 08-24-2016, 04:03 PM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by KSA Aaron
I wound up acquiring a very low mile LS2 engine. Intent is to add cam (BTR Stage 2 Turbo cam/springs) and possibly LS3 top end package if I can locate before I am ready to install complete engine in car. I also plan to add MeOH and tune combo upon new engine install.

This route will allow me to build my original engine to my desire, if I choose after the fact.

Any thoughts or suggestion on my planned path forward?
You can pickup L92 heads for dirt cheap which are essentially the same as LS3 heads. Make sure you pick up a new intake manifold as well.
KSA Aaron (08-25-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 04:04 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

L92's are a good option and dirt cheap. LS3 intakes aren't much either
KSA Aaron (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 02:22 PM
KSA Aaron
Racer

Originally Posted by staticki
You can pickup L92 heads for dirt cheap which are essentially the same as LS3 heads. Make sure you pick up a new intake manifold as well.
Originally Posted by schpenxel
L92's are a good option and dirt cheap. LS3 intakes aren't much either

My understanding is the L92 heads (p/n 12582713) are the aluminum heads that came on the 6.0L iron truck engine. They are essentially the same 15*, 70cc combustion chamber casting as the LS3 head (also similar to the LQ4), yet they have solid valves (2.165 int/1.59 ex). The only real difference is the solid valves vs hollow valves of the LS3. Am I missing something?

So my questions are:
- where can I buy these heads? (couldn't find them on S&D website)
- what intake would you pair with the L92 heads? LS3?
- what TB would you match to the recommended intake in a mild TT application?
- recommended rockers for the L92 heads?

I sure do appreciate all of the knowledge that is shared on this forum. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2016, 02:34 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Google L92 heads and you'll find plenty of places with them. Jegs has them, Summit has them.. Amazon has them, eBay has them.. pretty much anywhere that sells car stuff has them

Factory LS3 intake is what I'd run

Factory TB is what I'd run also, LS2 version. The motors are stronger in the earlier/LS2 models than the LS3 ones, less chance of throttle errors

Not sure what rockers--I'd probably just run regular 'ol factory rocker arms but I don't know much about LS3 rockers so maybe someone else has a better idea.
KSA Aaron (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 10:45 PM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Google L92 heads and you'll find plenty of places with them. Jegs has them, Summit has them.. Amazon has them, eBay has them.. pretty much anywhere that sells car stuff has them

Factory LS3 intake is what I'd run

Factory TB is what I'd run also, LS2 version. The motors are stronger in the earlier/LS2 models than the LS3 ones, less chance of throttle errors

Not sure what rockers--I'd probably just run regular 'ol factory rocker arms but I don't know much about LS3 rockers so maybe someone else has a better idea.
Agreed.

You'll need to replace 1/2 of your rockers with offset rockers for a LS3. I would suggest running stock, but put the trunnion upgrade in them as it is cheap insurance. Also, while the heads are off you will want to change to stock springs/retainers out to a decent quality set.
KSA Aaron (08-26-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 07:55 AM
KSA Aaron
Racer

I am planning to upgrade the springs, as the BTR cam package will have different springs.

Please expand a bit on the offset rockers required for the L92/LS3, as I am not familiar with what is required.

It seems some have had good luck with Yellow Terra rockers.

Quick Reply: Need C6TT Engine Recipe