C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 ECS blown... Chicago shop needed..

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Nick_2010
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2010 ECS blown... Chicago shop needed..

Hey guys,

I have a 2010 Grand Sport with an ECS blower kit and headers.. Ive got a dreaded knocking sound that has developed, and Im not sure if its a bent lifter or a rod knock... I need a performance shop to inspect, diagnose, and repair... Speed Inc did the tuning for the blower but Im not sure thats where I want to take it yet. I know of speed inc and straightline performance but want to get some other views and opinions, or maybe someone is close with some of the guys in each shop to guarantee a good job and clean work..

I took the valve covers off today for inspection and everything I could see immediately looked good... I didnt check anything else due to lack of tools... I have a mild feeling its a rod knock but still have high hopes.

Let me know your thoughts and views!

Nick
Old 09-19-2016, 11:35 AM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Modern Muscle in Oswego are a couple good guys. Brad is excellent to work with.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:04 AM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

It's a couple hour haul, but STG in Collinsville IL would be where I'd take it. I had my car in one of Chicagos biggest LS shops and was not impressed by their work. It rolled in a running car. It rolled out only starting half the time. It was in for a magazine article on Prochargers direct drive, race IC, and new intake. Took nearly a year to sort out all the issues.

Last edited by chpmnsws6; 09-20-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:25 AM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_2010
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 Grand Sport with an ECS blower kit and headers.. Ive got a dreaded knocking sound that has developed, and Im not sure if its a bent lifter or a rod knock... I need a performance shop to inspect, diagnose, and repair... Speed Inc did the tuning for the blower but Im not sure thats where I want to take it yet. I know of speed inc and straightline performance but want to get some other views and opinions, or maybe someone is close with some of the guys in each shop to guarantee a good job and clean work..

I took the valve covers off today for inspection and everything I could see immediately looked good... I didnt check anything else due to lack of tools... I have a mild feeling its a rod knock but still have high hopes.

Let me know your thoughts and views!

Nick

who did the work to the car? Did speed inc only due the tuning?
Old 10-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Nick_2010
Instructor

Originally Posted by yellowzron

Me and a tech installed the blower together on the side. Its an otherwise stock engine. (headers and blower).. Speed inc did the tuning via MAF and then did it again via SD because they couldnt make it smooth via the MAF.

I ended up taking it to a small shop that I know the tech and know he will be very careful with it. The engine is out of the car and engine/heads are at PER in plainfield. The heads checked out fine, so I'll be upgrading the springs and valves... Engine block has some scoring on cylinder 1 walls so theyre going to take it apart and see what could be the cause of the knock.

It never lost oil pressure and was a mild knocking sound so im hoping the damage isnt too terrible.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Nick_2010
Instructor

Originally Posted by yellowzron

PS where are you in chicago? We have near twin vettes! My GS is white with the red stripes also.. Bronze forgestars. Live in Old Town area of the city but from the burbs originally.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:04 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_2010
PS where are you in chicago? We have near twin vettes! My GS is white with the red stripes also.. Bronze forgestars. Live in Old Town area of the city but from the burbs originally.
I live up north by logan square area. Sorry to hear about your problems, i had my car done at speed inc and 14 months now without a problem. I work for the city and have to live here. I wish I could be out in the suburbs, lol.

Get notified of new replies

To 2010 ECS blown... Chicago shop needed..

Quick Reply: 2010 ECS blown... Chicago shop needed..