C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting up to Datalog

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:34 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 904 Posts
Default Setting up to Datalog

HPT Pro came yesterday. I am setting up today to get my WB wired/programmed in then I will start some datalogs on my stock tune.

Next will come the A&A install. I am getting more confident with tune parameters and have been spending numerous hrs on HPT, also some informative youtubes out there.

I am please with the pace in which I am accumulating tune knowledge. Probably a snails pace for most, but I learn best by really over doing it by most others' standards. I want to get comfortable with the datalog stream from actual drives I do, and the PIDs I want to track for the FI install.

Question about MAPS - I saw some threads discussing the ZR1 MAP. Will my stock MAP work with the AA install? LS3 2009 E38 stock setup, and the AA FI install will be run at a modest 6/8 PSI. What do I need to read boost on dashlogic?
Old 10-18-2016, 09:46 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Stock map won't read boost. If you are not doing a SD tune, then it isn't required as fuel is set of the maf sensor. If you want to read boost you will need to swap the map sensor to one that reads boost. If you want to run Speed Density you need one that reads boost.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:46 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You'll want a ZR1 map. Factory map will only read to ~1psi or so. Dash logic won't read boost without one.

You can get by with a MAF only tune with the factory MAP sensor, but it's not really ideal. Injector flow rate is calculated based on fuel pressure (58psi) + vacuum (or - boost) so I prefer to have a boost capable MAP sensor. Also, apply the OS Patches in HPT for "manifold vacuum boost".

(lol)

Last edited by schpenxel; 10-18-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:39 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 904 Posts

OK thanks guys, as always.

ZR1 map it is then.

Get notified of new replies

To Setting up to Datalog

Quick Reply: Setting up to Datalog