C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pumpking returns???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:45 AM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Pumpking returns???

Last I heard he sold everything or is this a completely new car? Curious what the new setup is. Makes me wish I would of went with the F1X that's for sure.

Last edited by usmcpony; 01-12-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:48 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

I think that is an old video.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Yep old video
Old 01-12-2017, 02:00 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

I dont understand why they would just repost it like it just happened.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:26 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

car made 1 pull at the track and blew up.. he parted it out and sold it..

now its a new owner and completely different combo

made me glad i went with my builder
Old 01-12-2017, 04:28 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
car made 1 pull at the track and blew up.. he parted it out and sold it..

now its a new owner and completely different combo

made me glad i went with my builder
Come on Feldman don't make it seem like it blew apart LOL! It didn't blow up literally! But had a balancer issue and decided to take it apart while repairing it and found out that it was in need of some refreshing up and new parts etc...It was run for a lot longer than one pull at 2K, and made a ton of pulls on dyno and street testing, that was just the last one at 2K. George was really upset because he asked for one thing and didn't get what he asked for and that wasn't from D3. They just did a most of the installation and tuning. But making a 2000+hp motor super reliable has its challenges. So not sure it was really feasible for a street car. But we get it Feldman AMP does great work bro! LOL!
Old 01-12-2017, 05:47 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe they had to make a new youtube channel due to their recent name change from D3 Performance Engineering to Prospeed Autosports. So they are reposting their old videos. Also I know what actually went wrong and it had nothing to do with anything D3 did. I was actually at D3 when they were tearing it apart seeing what happened at the end of the TX2K weekend.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:59 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

^ what went wrong?
Old 01-12-2017, 06:28 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The long block supplied to D3PE to put in the car was not assembled properly. The cam bolts were not loctited so they all backed out. Same story with the flywheel bolts, and the cam/crank sync got messed up by the gear being loose so the ecu was not being fed accurate info which caused it to have some wild timing values a few times. That is why it did great on the dyno and on early test hits then got much worse after some run time. I believe the engine builder didn't want to take responsibility so he just parted the car out and sold it.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:43 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh wow that's horrible... if it's the engine builder I'm thinking of... he seems like a straight shooter & stand up guy... that really sucks to hear!

Last edited by 1MEANGS; 01-12-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:27 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Originally Posted by SquirrelyNutz
The long block supplied to D3PE to put in the car was not assembled properly. The cam bolts were not loctited so they all backed out. Same story with the flywheel bolts, and the cam/crank sync got messed up by the gear being loose so the ecu was not being fed accurate info which caused it to have some wild timing values a few times. That is why it did great on the dyno and on early test hits then got much worse after some run time. I believe the engine builder didn't want to take responsibility so he just parted the car out and sold it.

That's exactly what I heard too. Who was the engine builder?
Old 01-12-2017, 08:35 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Yeah -squirrelynuts is real close to what happened. Some stuff happened long before TX2K. D3 was where the motor installs went down, but not sure if the FW bolts were on them or George himself. He did tell me, but don't recall as it was a moot point at that time. And yeah the bad taste in his mouth from the build and the proposed cost of a new one is why he sold the car.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:35 PM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Very sad from a consumer standpoint but I'm sure the real story has yet to be told.

What's the rumors for 2k17 as far as attendance?

Old 01-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I remember William calling me asking if I had a spare balancer I could bring from New Orleans since I was getting to TX2K late that year. I tried to locate one for him but my only contact was Scoggin Dickey and couldn't get it in time. I know H2 built that motor he had. Not the first one for someone I know to not be built properly.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:48 AM
TheSenator
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

This car is currently getting a 9" and full cage installed. Not mine, but it's in TX. =)
Old 01-16-2017, 10:59 PM
harveyjl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SquirrelyNutz
Never heard of an engine builder installing a fly wheel.....

Originally Posted by inspector12
Yeah -squirrelynuts is real close to what happened. Some stuff happened long before TX2K. D3 was where the motor installs went down, but not sure if the FW bolts were on them or George himself. He did tell me, but don't recall as it was a moot point at that time. And yeah the bad taste in his mouth from the build and the proposed cost of a new one is why he sold the car.

So much more went on with this car, it's funny how loose cam bolts made it through a few dozen dyno pulls and never scared the rear plate of the motor and never let loose on the dyno. I also find it funny how the cam bolts and damper were fine until the car was money shifted from 3rd to 2nd twice at 7,500 RPM.. when that happened all the dampner bolts sheared the car motor was then torn down and broken cam bolts were found.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:32 AM
DBTurMOMtuchesME
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harveyjl
Never heard of an engine builder installing a fly wheel.....

So much more went on with this car, it's funny how loose cam bolts made it through a few dozen dyno pulls and never scared the rear plate of the motor and never let loose on the dyno. I also find it funny how the cam bolts and damper were fine until the car was money shifted from 3rd to 2nd twice at 7,500 RPM.. when that happened all the dampner bolts sheared the car motor was then torn down and broken cam bolts were found.

Listen to this guy here. It comes down to a shop trying to blame a engine builder for their mistake. Plus didn't D3 change the cam after getting the engine back and doing some dyno pulls? It was clearly posted on Facebook when they did it. So how can they blame H2 for the cam bolts backing out? Maybe they was in a hurry for 2k?

Get notified of new replies

To Pumpking returns???

Old 01-17-2017, 02:39 AM
harveyjl
Pro

Originally Posted by DBTurMOMtuchesME
Listen to this guy here. It comes down to a shop trying to blame a engine builder for their mistake. Plus didn't D3 change the cam after getting the engine back and doing some dyno pulls? It was clearly posted on Facebook when they did it. So how can they blame H2 for the cam bolts backing out? Maybe they was in a hurry for 2k?

im glad some else was paying attention. I don't believe d3 did the cam change. But the owner and a friends of the owners did it after hours.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:28 AM
inspector12
Drifting

I wasn't pointing the finger at any one single person or shop. I was just clearing up from what Whitlighting posted about the motor coming apart. George and I were talking a lot during this time and I have a real good picture of what happened and who did what. He asked me to come degree the cam at the time. I don't really care about talking about who was in the right or wrong when I wasn't directly involved cause there is always two or three sides to every story IMO. So its really a moot point, and I will say that anyone doing a build should just do some research shops and work done and not just go off of video's and internet hype. Its why I do almost all my own work. No one to blame but me most of the time lol!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:22 PM
harveyjl
Pro

Originally Posted by inspector12
I wasn't pointing the finger at any one single person or shop. I was just clearing up from what Whitlighting posted about the motor coming apart. George and I were talking a lot during this time and I have a real good picture of what happened and who did what. He asked me to come degree the cam at the time. I don't really care about talking about who was in the right or wrong when I wasn't directly involved cause there is always two or three sides to every story IMO. So its really a moot point, and I will say that anyone doing a build should just do some research shops and work done and not just go off of video's and internet hype. Its why I do almost all my own work. No one to blame but me most of the time lol!
yea I know you werent pointing fingers. But I agree its better to do the work your self that way you know who to blame.

Quick Reply: Pumpking returns???