C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interested in NOS

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:10 PM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Want to ad NOS need some help

I'm interested in putting a real simple wet nirtrous system. I want to put the bottle right behind the passengers seat, so i can easily reach the bottle and twist it on. I know I will need a pressure gauge on the bottle.
But being inside I think it will be rare that i will need a bottle warmer.
Nor will i need a automatic bottle opener. Want to keep it as simple at first. That will also keep the cost down. I'll add things that i find that will improve the system and might make it more simpler too!
I have a 2006 ls2 z51 my mods are Cold air intake, ported TB Ported manifold, New Granatelli plug wires, Mild tune, High performance Magnaflo cat backs The 06 LS2 rated at 400tq/400hp at the fly wheel.
I'm guessing with my mods maybe around 475 tq/475hp at the fly wheel.
I would like add at least 100-125 shot. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Tim

Last edited by yellowmnm; 01-15-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:23 PM
emoFTW
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Just get a Nitrous Outlet Kit and call it a day. Everything will be there to get it going. Besides plugs and turning the timing down.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:05 PM
newvetteguy9
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will still need a bottle warmer, don't be cheap on the safety side of it
Old 01-15-2017, 11:14 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Never call it NOS. It's nitrous. Unless it's an ad for NOS.

Just run a simple NX plate kit. If you call them, they'll set you up. Run an LS7 factory set of plugs (one heat range colder) and just see if someone local has a clamp on WBO2 that will check your air fuels. On a simple 100 shot, you shouldn't need anything for tuning. Also, so you don't look like a fool to future car guys, never speak in flywheel HP. Stock ls2's generally make 340-350rwhp and you might see 8-10rwhp out of your mods. Have fun spraying! It's addictive!!!
The following users liked this post:
Old 01-15-2017, 11:54 PM
Jokack25
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a kit for sale if you're interested in getting a little more advanced with your setup. Direct port nitrous express kit. All either brand new or on the car about 2 weeks. Decided to go procharger or turbo so I'm selling this kit. It's listed on here if you're interested
Old 01-16-2017, 02:19 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Nitrous Outlet plate kit with 150 pills at least. Get a bottle warmer and don't cheap out on the safety mode. With proper plugs, fuel, and tuning it will be fine.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:46 AM
advancivic
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Remember bottle pressure drops after each use the bottle warmer helps keep it steady.
I ran a simple Protoon kit on my coyote with a bottle heater and used a hand switch to spray didn't want to want it to the floor for the pedal lol anyways it worked great make sure you run atleast a 10lb bottle anything smaller sucks for the street esp spraying over 100shot
Old 01-16-2017, 08:49 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Please note that "NOS" is a brand/trademark of Nitrous Oxide Systems, and "NAWS" is the **** that comes out of the mouths of actors in all of those Fast and Furious movies, along with a lot of other crap...
Some good advise above.
Along with a good quality basic plate kit from NX or Nitrous Outlet, you should do:
- colder plugs (LS7/LS9 plugs should work fine);
- a low fuel pressure shut off safety switch, so that if fuel pressure drops, it does lean out;
- a bottle warmer, because when nitrous boils off during a pass, the temperature of the bottle drops, and consequently, the pressure significantly drops, especially when the bottle isn't completely full. I like the ones that have a pressure switch that turns the heater on when the bottle pressure drops below a certain point;
- as mentioned above, the bigger the bottle the better, so I would recommend that you go with a 15lb bottle;
- a purge kit to get the gaseous nitrous out of the line before a pass. This helps you maintain bottle pressure for consistency (and looks cool, if that matters) This isn't an absolute necessity though, and you can add it later.
- A progressive controller, preferably with a "window switch" if you have an M6 trans, so that if/when you miss a gear or don't shift quick enough, it doesn't bang the rev limiter with the nitrous activated (No bueno). Hitting the full whack off the line is cool, but nitrous adds serious torque output, especially at lower RPMs, so it will be a challenge to hook without a controller, even if you hit it in second gear.
For the level you're looking at, you can pull fuel from the rail, but if you're going beyond 150 shot (which you will, cause everyone ends up doing it) you may want to add a standalone fuel cell.
-depending on your tune, you may want to pull a couple of degrees of timing out. Best thing is to talk to your tuner about that.
The best thing to do right away is some research - read up as much as you can on any and every forum about nitrous use and pitfalls, etc. Even the experts are still learning about this magical gas. Nitrous know-how has come a long way from the old days of pig-rich A/F mixtures and lifted ring lands...
Good luck, and happy spraying!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

A good n2o setup will be ~$2500 in parts. Check with n2o outlet. You need a lot more to run it safely than a $650 kit.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Yep people always think nitrous is cheap. You can somewhat do it that way but it won't last you long. I did the nitrous route on my Trans Am back in the day. Went from a plate kit to direct port with warmers, openers, all the safety, stuff, etc. Had three bottles and NANO and after all the money spent on the parts and refilling bottles I could have just threw a blower on it and that's why I went the blower route when I bought the vette.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:55 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
I'm interested in putting a real simple wet nirtrous system. I want to put the bottle right behind the passengers seat, so i can easily reach the bottle and twist it on. I know I will need a pressure gauge on the bottle.
But being inside I think it will be rare that i will need a bottle warmer.
Nor will i need a automatic bottle opener. Want to keep it as simple at first. That will also keep the cost down. I'll add things that i find that will improve the system and might make it more simpler too!
I have a 2006 ls2 z51 my mods are Cold air intake, ported TB Ported manifold, New Granatelli plug wires, Mild tune, High performance Magnaflo cat backs The 06 LS2 rated at 400tq/400hp at the fly wheel.
I'm guessing with my mods maybe around 475 tq/475hp at the fly wheel.
I would like add at least 100-125 shot. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Tim

We would be glad to help you out. When going with nitrous we first off recommend that you have an aftermarket fuel pump kit with a hot wire kit such as racetronix. This will allow you to have an adequate fuel supply and the correct voltage so the pump will provide maximum fuel flow that the nitrous system will require. Our systems are actually designed around the specific car so there is no worry about if the system will have an issue with fitment and it is something that is ready to install right out of the packaging. Even though you are in California a bottle heater is required. Volume is directed related to pressure and as you use nitrous the volume goes down as well as pressure. To properly raise pressure we always recommend using a bottle warmer system that works properly. We have a wrap around heater that works very well as also a billet bottle heater bracket that will hold the bottle, looks amazing and heats the bottle. We also recommend going with supporting accessories such as a purge kit, window switch based off of RPM and TPS this way the system activates the same way every time. Nitrous is about consistency using it in the same manner every time yields the best results. So if you are tuned on 950psi bottle pressure everytime your car will perform the same. if youre tuned on 950 but spray on 850ps or 1050psi your results wlll differ from 950psi. We recommend 2 step colder non projected tip spark plugs when using nitrous for up to 150hp shot (NGK BR7EF) higher than 150 shot we recommend using BR8EFS plugs. When using Nitrous ignition timing must be removed to help control cylinder pressure and reducing the chance of detonation. The Lingengelter LNC 2000 does an amazing job of removing timing when you activate the system. As long as you wire it up properly to the arming switch it will pull timing as soon as you flip the arming switch. This will allow you to stay on your all motor tune when not using nitrous and still have very good street manners. If you were to pull 6 degrees from a motor all the time you would see that the vehicle does not perform as well. The LNC 2000 helps your tuner dial in the Nitrous tune on your Corvette and reduces cost of having the tuner make you 2 maps on your car, One for all motor, one for nitrous only. We do offer a bottle mounting system for your car that neatly mounts the bottle and makes for a clean install. Feel free to give me a call 254-848-4300 EXT 109 my name is Houston or email me directly at houston@nitrousoutlet.com I will be glad to answer any questions and help you out.

Get notified of new replies

To interested in NOS

Quick Reply: interested in NOS