C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is attending tx2k17?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 01:00 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I will be there like normal. Signed up for the Roll Event at the track and will be there all four days. I stopped going to TX2K for street events a few years ago.

Stop by the Bench Racing Apparel trailer/booth and say hi . I always enjoy meeting Corvette Forum people at events.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:40 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector12
Yeah like I said everyone want to be famous so they post everything on social media and the police are all over that so kind of a shitty weekend to do any racing. I used to always look forward to it so I could run some out of town ppl, but haven't really had a chance to do that in a few years due to all the social media.
While I agree with you its not just social media, I can't drive my car down I-10 with out everyone with a HCI car trying to get me to run no matter what the traffic conditions are. Some of the people that come to town loose their minds that weekend. Too many grown *** men thinking they have the fastest car in the world and act like a 16 year old that just got their license.

The real reason im not going is I have a cracked block.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by EX1
I will be there like normal. Signed up for the Roll Event at the track and will be there all four days. I stopped going to TX2K for street events a few years ago.

Stop by the Bench Racing Apparel trailer/booth and say hi . I always enjoy meeting Corvette Forum people at events.
One of the last runs on the street was probably against me
Old 02-01-2017, 06:06 PM
0Speed Syndicate
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe the No Shitbox meet will happen again
The following users liked this post:
harveyjl (02-03-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 01:41 AM
advancivic
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So coming from out of state first timer what should I be expecting?
Should I book a room now or plenty of hotels around that area?
Cops out in tx crazy and probably our full force that weekend?
Pretty easy to find the meet up spots for everyone after the track events?
I'll be making a 1350mile trip there about 19hr trip.
Tips etc... first time in tx and first time at tx2k
Old 02-02-2017, 06:36 AM
S400z06
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there are any rooms left you need to book one, I would recommend the Omni or the Marriot. I wouldn't recommend meeting with the fools that post it on the TX2K pages on fb, how much power does your car have?
Old 02-02-2017, 07:31 AM
advancivic
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by S400z06
If there are any rooms left you need to book one, I would recommend the Omni or the Marriot. I wouldn't recommend meeting with the fools that post it on the TX2K pages on fb, how much power does your car have?
Right now I'm thinking of riding my modded r1 out there. Both the bike and car is gonna be slow compared to the cars that show up but I'm not sure which one I'd have more fun in.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:43 AM
S400z06
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by advancivic
Right now I'm thinking of riding my modded r1 out there. Both the bike and car is gonna be slow compared to the cars that show up but I'm not sure which one I'd have more fun in.
I personally think you can have a lot of fun with anything 700+
Old 02-02-2017, 12:44 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
One of the last runs on the street was probably against me
Actually it was

Originally Posted by Speed Syndicate
Maybe the No Shitbox meet will happen again
Old 02-03-2017, 01:57 AM
harveyjl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live there and if I am not working out of town I will be there.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:37 AM
fasttz06
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We booked at the Omni and we plan to bring a couple of +1000rwhp C6's. Hopefully we will have a good time and stay out of trouble
Old 02-03-2017, 10:55 AM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kafood
We booked at the Omni and we plan to bring a couple of +1000rwhp C6's. Hopefully we will have a good time and stay out of trouble
Badass, I'll be staying @ the Omni also! See ya there!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:02 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Our doors are always open when you guys are in town. We will most likely have some sort of meet going on.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I'll be there in my 335i this year...shooting for 850-900 whp...should be able to make it interesting in the <1000 whp group

Edit: We will also be at the Omni

Last edited by Milan; 02-03-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Originally Posted by playtoy
While I agree with you its not just social media, I can't drive my car down I-10 with out everyone with a HCI car trying to get me to run no matter what the traffic conditions are. Some of the people that come to town loose their minds that weekend. Too many grown *** men thinking they have the fastest car in the world and act like a 16 year old that just got their license.

The real reason im not going is I have a cracked block.
In my experience it's the locals that ruin the event. Most of us don't spend thousands of dollars to trailer/travel there to act like tools.

But every sub 500 whp shitbox in Houston showing up really does put a damper on things. I'm glad Peter has expanded the sanctioned events because it's a good way to keep the morons out. Nothing like trying to race a lambo or viper and getting swarmed by idiots on their r6's or the non-GTR/Supra import crowd
Old 02-03-2017, 03:37 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Milan
In my experience it's the locals that ruin the event. Most of us don't spend thousands of dollars to trailer/travel there to act like tools.

But every sub 500 whp shitbox in Houston showing up really does put a damper on things. I'm glad Peter has expanded the sanctioned events because it's a good way to keep the morons out. Nothing like trying to race a lambo or viper and getting swarmed by idiots on their r6's or the non-GTR/Supra import crowd
I somewhat agree with you. There are a bunch of locals that screw things up too. But there a bunch of out of towners that show up thinking that they act a fool on the streets with out consequence. It's not the guys trailering fast cars down it's their buddies that tag along with them with their ****. Think it was 2 or 3 years ago there were a couple of high hp cars leaving to make a couple of runs and ther must have been 50-100 cars following them. Blocking off 7 lanes of traffic so that a couple of cars can make a hit is stupid and attracts way too much attention. So I'll compromise with you and say is it's a mixture of locals and out of towners that screw it up for everyone.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:31 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

LOL! That's every weekend at local meets. The younger crowd doesn't seem to be able to do much of there own work like when I was coming up. So a lot of mild cars cause its what most can afford to build IMO! I could be wrong, but I don't think so lol. I don't care who it is really. Its like when cruising around someone pulls up in there Toyota Camry and antagonizes you just so they can see your car run. Of course most of us don't bite, but I think that is what a lot of it is. Probably don't think they can win but want to participate in anyway LOL!
The following users liked this post:
harveyjl (02-03-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Who is attending tx2k17?

Old 02-03-2017, 11:29 PM
BADMOON
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector12
Live here so its hard not to go LOL! But the last few years have gotten pretty silly since everyone post stuff on social media thinking there cool and the cops know exactly where to be lol! As smart as people are they can be really stupid LOL! What's the saying a person is smart people are stupid LOL! Pretty true.
This... Its gotten to big for itself. Now every ******** with a 400rwhp Camaro is out running on the streets. The streetscene is over too much HEAT. Hell I had more fun at the track when I went 2 yrs ago than at night. Back in 06-2011 was awesome. World is getting to overpopulated with idiots.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BADMOON
This... Its gotten to big for itself. Now every ******** with a 400rwhp Camaro is out running on the streets. The streetscene is over too much HEAT. Hell I had more fun at the track when I went 2 yrs ago than at night. Back in 06-2011 was awesome. World is getting to overpopulated with idiots.
I think a lot of people who used to be in the "street" scene are starting to go back to the track. You are right, there are just way too many morons out there, and FB has ruined the car community.

+1 on the younger crowd not being able to do their own work. It's just a different time then when I got into it, and I'm only 30 lol
Old 02-07-2017, 11:03 AM
BADMOON
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a lot of people who used to be in the "street" scene are starting to go back to the track. You are right, there are just way too many morons out there, and FB has ruined the car community.

+1 on the younger crowd not being able to do their own work. It's just a different time then when I got into it, and I'm only 30 lol
Gheybook has ruined a lot of things in our civilization..

Quick Reply: Who is attending tx2k17?