C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gains from alky control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 10:23 AM
c6 monkey
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default What gains from alky control?

So I'm researching this stuff, alky control kit is going in today. I'm wondering where I'll be after the kit goes in. My set up is 2006 ls2 base m6, ECS 1500, 230 236 cam, zo6 modded exhaust, and I got Mickey Thompson SS drag radials that are being mounted this morning. I'm moving the IAT into the intake and will mount the nozzle in the coupler after the maf. Is there anything I'm forgetting or should do differently? I was thinking of not being meth dependant and going for saftey and hopefully gain some horsepower. How much hp will the meth kit add set like this if any? Should I be meth dependant? I want to track the car even Thursday night if I can. If you have a whp estimate please post it. I'll be getting dynoed this coming week and will update. Thanks, I'll be in the garage...
Old 02-04-2017, 10:48 AM
c6 monkey
Pro

I knew I was forgetting something, I have an Inovators West 10% overdrive balancer and should be seeing 8 to 9 lbs of boost.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:10 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

if you are willing to be meth dependent, there are gains to be had with the safety to go with it. If you want it just for safety, you will only get safety.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:18 AM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by c6 monkey
So I'm researching this stuff, alky control kit is going in today. I'm wondering where I'll be after the kit goes in. My set up is 2006 ls2 base m6, ECS 1500, 230 236 cam, zo6 modded exhaust, and I got Mickey Thompson SS drag radials that are being mounted this morning. I'm moving the IAT into the intake and will mount the nozzle in the coupler after the maf. Is there anything I'm forgetting or should do differently? I was thinking of not being meth dependant and going for saftey and hopefully gain some horsepower. How much hp will the meth kit add set like this if any? Should I be meth dependant? I want to track the car even Thursday night if I can. If you have a whp estimate please post it. I'll be getting dynoed this coming week and will update. Thanks, I'll be in the garage...
Forget about the hp gains and go enjoy the car. HP numbers dont mean a thing. Enjoy the car and have fun.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:50 AM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

A good tune and you won't be meth "dependent" because it will pull timing if the meth system fails.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:17 AM
c6 monkey
Pro

So I got it tuned yesterday, 578 whp 544 tq I thought the number would be higher but that's OK the car runs strong and smooth. Its a conservative tune. I'll be happy with the power level for about 10 minutes and the get the bug to go higher. For now more than anything I'm just happy its sorted.I didn't realize how off it was, it's funny what you get used to. Now I can go to our local drag strip and go for it. OK 9 minutes
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (02-14-2020)
Old 02-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

So I got it tuned yesterday, 578 whp 544 tq I thought the number would be higher but that's OK the car runs strong and smooth. Its a conservative tune. I'll be happy with the power level for about 10 minutes and the get the bug to go higher. For now more than anything I'm just happy its sorted.I didn't realize how off it was, it's funny what you get used to. Now I can go to our local drag strip and go for it. OK 9 minutes
Well 200HP above stock isn't chopped liver. A stock ZR1 is about 540 RWHP.

I assume the restrictor plate is still in? Lots more power to be had in that setup.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:55 PM
c6 monkey
Pro

Yes restrictor plate is still in. As it stands I'm limited by fuel pump and injectors. About 2 miles from my house tonight the engine started making some bad noises I'll post the odd syptoms in General Discussion soon
Old 02-13-2017, 01:24 AM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Yes restrictor plate is still in. As it stands I'm limited by fuel pump and injectors. About 2 miles from my house tonight the engine started making some bad noises I'll post the odd syptoms in General Discussion soon
Bad noises? Jeez, I hope nothing serious.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:32 AM
c6 monkey
Pro

It's in General Discussion now, I'm pissed at that car now. Just got it all sorted and done 2 days later, this.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:27 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Corvettinator
A good tune and you won't be meth "dependent" because it will pull timing if the meth system fails.
I always think people have the wording backwards on this

To me, meth dependent = meth needs to be working correctly for it to run right. No meth, less timing, less power, etc. To me THAT is meth dependent...

Not meth dependent = you pretty much just slap some meth on on top of whatever you were running before and hope for the best. Meth goes out and it goes back to how it was, which is basically the same, and you never really notice.. which seems less safe to me

Last edited by schpenxel; 02-13-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Definately different levels of meth dependent.

You can run so little that it basically runs same before or after.
You can run so much that it won't rev, misses, and won't hurt anything because of sheer lack of fuel.
You can run it so you gain power on meth and lose it off meth.
You can do it so meth is just a safety thing and may cause a power loss when on it, but its higher octane/richer.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (02-14-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To What gains from alky control?

Quick Reply: What gains from alky control?