C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-6 Help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Zombie Veteran
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C-6 Help please

Not a car guy but looking forward to learning. I am looking at a 2008 LS3 Convertible with 16,000 miles on it at local Chevy Dealer. I have only talked to salesman on phone because saw something I am not familiar with. It has a twin turbo mod. Not sure what to ask when I go there tomorrow? He told me it has 700 hp but can't be sure. If I had some questions to go in with so I have some idea what to walk away with. Or would you just run from this? Sorry not more knowledgeable.
Please help.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Well to start, I am doubting that this question is going to the Chief Engineer of Corvettes at GM. You should post this in the C6 Forced Induction section.

People have done twin turbos on our cars before, but they are extremely finicky and can easily be done wrong. It is a major modification, not just a "twin turbo mod". You need a full history of the car, including who did the work, which turbo kit it is, what exact modifications were done (fuel system, cam, heads etc) and if possible you need to speak to the owner/shop who did the work. There are many things that can go wrong with builds like this, if not done right. The LS3 is a stout motor, but there are many, many more questions that need to be asked.

If you are not a car guy, I would not spend time on this. It could very well end up being a money pit. It was sold/traded in to a dealership for a reason. I wonder what reason that is? Someone running away from something? I would always look at something like this suspiciously.

If you are dead set on this route, then you should have it inspected at a reputable shop before buying. I see you are in Sioux Falls, SD. A quick search produces a few shops that may be able to look at it. I cannot speak for them. Excessive Autosports and DynotuneUSA. Might be others. I would not purchase a car like this without having it looked at, especially if you are new to this.
The following users liked this post:
Zombie Veteran (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 10:18 PM
Zombie Veteran
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by a good friend I could receive excellent advise here. Good time to keep looking. I will still talk to dealership and see if they have any answers to your questions and post findings. Thank You
Old 02-15-2017, 04:12 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Don't walk away, run.

Get notified of new replies

To C-6 Help please

Quick Reply: C-6 Help please