C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring in alky control bar sensor for sd tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 01:34 PM
jackhammond21
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wiring in alky control bar sensor for sd tune

How do you Wire in alky control 2.5 bar map sensor for sd tune, it's currently working great for alky set up but I'm need to go to sd tune and am not sure if I can just splice into the map sensor and wire it into the factory map wiring

Last edited by jackhammond21; 02-15-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:57 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Your question doesn't make any sense.

If you want to run an SD tune then tell the tuner to change it to SD, it has nothing to do with the alky control setup

What are you wanting to splice into? If you're running a 2 or 3 bar MAP you can use that for signaling the alky control setup if you want. But if it's already setup then there's no reason to mess with it.. just keep using the MAP that came with the kit (I'm assuming that's what you're using)

The MAF is a frequency based output, not 0-5V like the alky control needs, so unless you buy a converter then hooking it to the MAF won't work

Last edited by schpenxel; 02-15-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:39 PM
FeArZ
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think he is asking about using the 2.5 bar map he already has for his Alky kit. Using that same 2.5 bar map as the map for his car. So he can go SD.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:07 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

If you have the parameters, and ecu can take them, it could work, but you want the map sensor in the manifold. The lag between the line could be enough to cause issues.

Much better to put a map on the manifold, then have the alky control signaled off that. I run a DSX 2.5 bar and then just have the Alky Control triggered off that.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:18 PM
NJ_phil
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Agree with Unreal. Map used for engine calculations need to be on the manifold. Too much lag connecting the map through a vacuum hose. I'd put a map on the manifold and use it for the engine and Alky, 1 less thing to go wrong
Old 02-13-2020, 08:10 PM
corvetteadk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ_phil
Agree with Unreal. Map used for engine calculations need to be on the manifold. Too much lag connecting the map through a vacuum hose. I'd put a map on the manifold and use it for the engine and Alky, 1 less thing to go wrong
THREAD RESURRECTION!
I would like to use my 3 bar GM MAP sensor to send the reference signal to my alkycontrol module. Are you saying it’s ok to splice a signal wire like that, one wire running to PCM and other one running to Alkycontrol controller and it won’t mess the signal up or cause pcm to read a different value or anything?
Old 02-13-2020, 08:16 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by corvetteadk
THREAD RESURRECTION!
I would like to use my 3 bar GM MAP sensor to send the reference signal to my alkycontrol module. Are you saying it’s ok to splice a signal wire like that, one wire running to PCM and other one running to Alkycontrol controller and it won’t mess the signal up or cause pcm to read a different value or anything?
Correct. That’s how mine is setup. You may have to play with the little ***** inside of the control module to tweak what voltage it comes on at if it’s any different than the sensor that came with the kit. There’s a cover on the back of the controller that looks like a battery cover and there should be 2 little ***** in there you can play with

Old 02-13-2020, 10:02 PM
corvetteadk
Instructor

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Correct. That’s how mine is setup. You may have to play with the little ***** inside of the control module to tweak what voltage it comes on at if it’s any different than the sensor that came with the kit. There’s a cover on the back of the controller that looks like a battery cover and there should be 2 little ***** in there you can play with
yah that sounds good. This also makes me wonder if I can’t just tie into my 4psi Hobbs switch? I could just run a 5v pcm signal to the Hobbs and when 4psi it would send that 5v signal to the alkycontrol module and activate meth. Only thing I don’t know is if the MAP method is a on/off switch or if the MAP signal is what is used to correctly ramp the pump pressure/speed as you continually make more boost. Or is the alkycontrol setup just get a turn on signal at a certain MAP reference point and that starts a timed series of event with the controller that begins ramping up the pump’s pressure more and more.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:21 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by corvetteadk
yah that sounds good. This also makes me wonder if I can’t just tie into my 4psi Hobbs switch? I could just run a 5v pcm signal to the Hobbs and when 4psi it would send that 5v signal to the alkycontrol module and activate meth. Only thing I don’t know is if the MAP method is a on/off switch or if the MAP signal is what is used to correctly ramp the pump pressure/speed as you continually make more boost. Or is the alkycontrol setup just get a turn on signal at a certain MAP reference point and that starts a timed series of event with the controller that begins ramping up the pump’s pressure more and more.
No, can’t really use a Hobbs switch for this. The system normally ramps up meth pressure/volume based on boost so it increases as boost increases. I guess you COULD do it with a Hobbs but then it’s going to function as all on or all off which isn’t really ideal.

Stick with using the MAP

Last edited by schpenxel; 02-14-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:29 AM
Cbaker34
1st Gear

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Bump to a old thread. But new to the vette world. But I can tie the green Alky wire directly into my factory map? What pin at the map? Thanks
Old 04-01-2020, 10:15 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I don't remember which wire it was but just google for a wiring diagram.

The factory stock MAP sensor does not read boost, so if that is what you're running then you can't use it to control alky control.

If you're using a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor then yes, you can use the same sensor for the engine and for the alky control system.

Last edited by schpenxel; 04-01-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring in alky control bar sensor for sd tune

Quick Reply: Wiring in alky control bar sensor for sd tune