C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service TC/AH

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Default Service TC/AH

Never had this happen before. Was out driving around today after a minor repair (upper radiator hose split) and just running to harbor freight in the vette. Punched it in 2nd gear at 40. Tires spin instantly to redline, and dash lights up. Service AH/TC. TC light stayed on and wouldn't let me adjust or turn anything on/off with button. Never seen this before.

Is it possible if you severly over power the TC/AH system it just freaks? I was down pouring pretty good. All I can think of is 1000+hp in the rain was enough to have the TC say "whooooa buddy, stop that".
Old 02-19-2017, 11:13 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

No wonder. I'll bet that the computer thought the drive shaft had snapped. I haven't seen exactly that problem before, but I've launched mine a couple of times before and it spun so hard and went through first gear so quickly that it hit the limiter, flashed the AH/TC warning and sent the car into reduced power mode. Both times I had to pull over and shut it down and turn the battery breaker off (it's sure convenient to have one of those) and back on again to reset it.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:04 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
No wonder. I'll bet that the computer thought the drive shaft had snapped. I haven't seen exactly that problem before, but I've launched mine a couple of times before and it spun so hard and went through first gear so quickly that it hit the limiter, flashed the AH/TC warning and sent the car into reduced power mode. Both times I had to pull over and shut it down and turn the battery breaker off (it's sure convenient to have one of those) and back on again to reset it.
Cool. Sounds like it is normal then.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:01 AM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

My car has done it a few times over the years. I have never gone into limp home mode though. Just an annoying message on the DIC that goes away eventually.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:09 AM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Yep...has happened to me as well. No codes. Turned car off and back on and it was gone. Must be out of parameters for one of the sensors.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:12 PM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by TTZ06VETTE
Yep...has happened to me as well. No codes. Turned car off and back on and it was gone. Must be out of parameters for one of the sensors.

My 300zx makes 1358hp I disconnected all the traction easier on car...glitch prob...

Get notified of new replies

To Service TC/AH

Quick Reply: Service TC/AH