C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just about over it...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:09 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

No worries fella. Just maybe take a Prozac or something.
**** happens. We all screw up. I once put my crank snout oil seal in backwards and came on here ranting about my bad luck until I pulled it down again and saw it was completely my fukup and had to eat crow.
I can say this about vengeance: I've never seen or heard of them screwing a customer over and they build some really ultra high end ****, like only a few other shops do. I also bought my cam kit from them and when the cam was back ordered a few days, because I ordered the hardened core cam, Ron (I think he's the owner) called and emailed me - and I'm overseas at that. I've also had similar good experiences like that with Brian Tooley, Hinson and the guys at IW. These folks are real professionals who care about their rep and their customers, so I have no doubt that they'll take care of you. Just don't be so quick to beat up on people before you give them a chance to sort you out. I'm speaking from experience, btw.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:41 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by CI GS
No worries fella. Just maybe take a Prozac or something. give them a chance to sort you out. I'm speaking from experience, btw.

I pretty well agree with Unreal's post. Not much I can add

If something is tuned then something changes significantly (i.e. vacuum leak) then yes it's pretty obvious

Tune something with a vacuum leak and it's a different story

Regardless, I hope you get it sorted.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:07 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Zach,

I apologize for any confusion and/or any issues you have experienced with Vengeance Racing. I just finished talking with Mike (Vengeance PCM/ECU Calibrator). He explained to me that the car had numerous issues when it came in originally on March 23rd 2016 and that he did the best he could with what he was given at that time. He also explained he sold an AutoCal device with the tune so that once these issues were corrected he would be able to help complete the tuning process.

He then showed me a couple emails ranging from April of 2016 to November of 2016 of him offering to log in with Team Viewer etc as there seemed to be some issues getting the AutoCal to work on your end.

I do not know all of the facts, but it seems that quite some time has passed and that Mike made whoever brought the car in for tuning aware of the issues. Rest assured, nobody at Vengeance is a "jackass" as you stated in this thread after registering on this forum just days ago.

Mike will be calling the phone number he has on file shortly in an effort to get this handled. At this point we are a bit confused as our records show a Mr. Betancourt actually owns this vehicle.

Last edited by Ron@Vengeance Racing; 02-27-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:54 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Mike will be calling the phone number he has on file shortly in an effort to get this handled. At this point we are a bit confused as our records show a Mr. Betancourt actually owns this vehicle.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:16 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

But its always the tuners fault. We all know that.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:24 PM
ProZach
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
But its always the tuners fault. We all know that.
Not saying its always their fault. It's easy for all the peanut galleries to chime in when it's not their car. I'm not pointing fingers, just trying to get real answers from people that really work on their Vette. Not just pay the bill and type smart *** answers. But everyone right off the bat started defending the tuner.
​​​​​​
Old 02-27-2017, 07:32 PM
ProZach
Cruising

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
First off, Rayner is my uncle and I work on the car. Second, I've addressed everything that Mike asked us to look at and so far nothing mentioned from him to inspect/replace hasn't changed anything. Guess since I work at the dealership, with all the liability involved with vehicles now days, I'm going to evaluate the situation before just slapping a tune on it. Because with the tune that was IN THE CAR UPON ARRIVAL had data to see. But you'll swapped it all to EFI live, sent him home, and the only thing that changed was his bank account. I guess I'm having a hard time seeing why y'all let the car leave and not at 100%? And yes Mike did finally start helping me after numerous unanswered emails and phone calls. So I hope this clarifies things.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:48 PM
ProZach
Cruising

Originally Posted by Unreal

Same reason one of the best tuners in town just charges by hour. Says it will be at least $500 but tunes get into the $2000-3000 range at times because owners bring cars with issues he has to sort out.
Sounds like that's how it should be to me. Gotta pay to play. And let's not forget, this wasn't a $500 tune. Not pay some guy like you $500 bucks(cause I don't know anything about tuning or does your customer, hence bringing it to you on the first place?) so my vehicle drives like a bucket of **** cause you're to lazy to take the initiative. It's all money for you, cause customers performance seems to be on the bottom of your list.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:20 PM
ProZach
Cruising

First off, I've been informed of a few policies that I was unaware of pertaining to vengeance racing tuning. I formally owe them an apology for the comments I've posted. It was my understanding that it was tuning/diagnosis at the same time, which that is not the case. So I apologise for that guys. But when I started this thread, the intent was to fix a car. Apparently most folks on here like to **** on the thread and make smart *** comments. I'm on several other forums and they may be different than this one, cause we help each other. Vengeance racing has reached out to help and correct the issue, unlike most others that fired shots at us. So with that being said, maybe this forum needs to re-evaluate some of its member due to the lack of courtesy. This thread was not a bashing session on vengeance racing, but a call for help. Others started saying **** about tuners before vengeance racing was mentioned. Several times I asked for clarification and no one could answer it. But vengeance has, so thank you to Ron and Mike, because I didn't know there business model. Again, sorry to vengeance, but to the rest of the guys that thought it was fun to start ****, kiss my ***.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

What are these policies you were unaware of?

You also owe an apology to the people who made smart *** comments and **** on your thread. They were pointing out that you are acting like a jackass. You still are by insulting some of the most helpful people on this forum. You came here for the purpose of trashing Vengeance. Vengeance has been around much longer than your account, so forgive us if we don't rally around your battle cry. They have earned their reputation.

All of us have gotten frustrated with cars. It's part of the process. Man up and move on. I do hope you get it sorted out, and you learn to take a chill pill.
The following users liked this post:
Detoxx03 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 PM
ProZach
Cruising

Originally Posted by ProZach
Sounds like that's how it should be to me. Gotta pay to play. And let's not forget, this wasn't a $500 tune. Not pay some guy like you $500 bucks(cause I don't know anything about tuning or does your customer, hence bringing it to you on the first place?) so my vehicle drives like a bucket of **** cause you're to lazy to take the initiative. It's all money for you, cause customers performance seems to be on the bottom of your list.
Originally Posted by Tech
What are these policies you were unaware of?

You also owe an apology to the people who made smart *** comments and **** on your thread. They were pointing out that you are acting like a jackass. You still are by insulting some of the most helpful people on this forum. You came here for the purpose of trashing Vengeance. Vengeance has been around much longer than your account, so forgive us if we don't rally around your battle cry. They have earned their reputation.

All of us have gotten frustrated with cars. It's part of the process. Man up and move on. I do hope you get it sorted out, and you learn to take a chill pill.
I didn't know that they have a tech division and a tuning division. Down here, it's one in the same. But again, this isn't Atlanta. And I came here for help, not to trash Vengeance. Sorry if I came off like an ******* folks, just don't have time for the games. I just seemed that when I questioned the process, some decided to talk ****. Would be nice to have straight legit answers from people wanting to help, not people typing **** with there feelings on their sleeves. Sounds like I'm not the only one who needs to man up on here, cause I've already apologized. I wasn't the only jackass on here guys. Sorry for everything, and for the others that did attempt to offer positive feedback, I thank you and sorry for all this. Just don't have time for this ****, don't like playing games.

Quick Reply: Just about over it...