meth questions - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meth questions

Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 AM   #21
ChrisUlrich
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS View Post
Where in the hell do you get your information?
It's not hard to find that information. A bunch of shops, forums, wherever.
ChrisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #22
Patriot Six
CF Senior Member

Far more of those same sources will tell you how great the ECS kits are. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to get an ECS kit. I only got an A&A kit because my build was done in CA. Both are great shops that stand behind their products.
Patriot Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #23
Tech
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich View Post
It's not hard to find that information. A bunch of shops, forums, wherever.
Funny that you come to a place where people have both the A&A and ECS kits.. and the A&A people are telling you that you're wrong.

Find one on sale (not necessarily used unless it's A&A/ECS reselling it) and buy it. It doesn't matter which kit.
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #24
ChrisUlrich
CF Senior Member

I am not saying the ECS is crap or anything. But I've spoken to a lot of shops and a lot of kit owners about the differences.

A looooot of the ECS kit owners kick belts. A friend of mine, who had his kit installed by a very reputable shop, kicked belts allllll the time. I think it was 5 in 18 months and he barely raced the car! Can probably find that on the A&A side, but I haven't read one yet.

I have also heard how the ECS intercooler setup isn't to great.

These things dont don't make the kit bad (although it sure sounds like I'm killing it), just make it slightly inferior. All of the supercharged kits that I've seen all have ECS. They all love it.

I wouldn't have been upset buying an ECS kit.
ChrisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #25
neverstop
CF Senior Member

this guy is on glue. I'm running the ECS intercooler at probably >1000hp at the flywheel (907whp) and my intake temps and car cooling are great.

there are thousands of cars with ECS kits running great and the only reason a car with one kit or the other would kick a belt is if the install was done badly and belt alignment wasn't checked. that is the only reason.

there are ECS cars in the 8s in the quarter mile and their stuff is great quality and they have amazing customer service imo. A&A is also great and I have bought tons of stuff from them over the years. It's like comparing mercedes to bmw or something. different but both great
neverstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #26
Unreal
CF Senior Member

Any kit installed incorrectly will toss belts.

ECS kit is just as good or better than the A&A. Its a nicer bar/plate core. Just because it doesnt' "look as cool" doesn't mean it doesn't function. I've made well over 1100rwhp on it.

Plenty of A&A cars toss belts.
Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:10 PM   #27
chpmnsws6
CF Senior Member

My Procharger used to toss belts. Alignment = fixed
chpmnsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #28
gameover4

how the f this went from alky control to belt throwing lol back on topic ladies
gameover4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:31 PM   #29
schpenxel
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich View Post
I am not saying the ECS is crap or anything. But I've spoken to a lot of shops and a lot of kit owners about the differences.

A looooot of the ECS kit owners kick belts. A friend of mine, who had his kit installed by a very reputable shop, kicked belts allllll the time. I think it was 5 in 18 months and he barely raced the car! Can probably find that on the A&A side, but I haven't read one yet.

I have also heard how the ECS intercooler setup isn't to great.

These things dont don't make the kit bad (although it sure sounds like I'm killing it), just make it slightly inferior. All of the supercharged kits that I've seen all have ECS. They all love it.

I wouldn't have been upset buying an ECS kit.
You are dealing with shops that apparently can't do a basic belt alignment. Mine broke one belt.. alignment was off. Fixed it, and literally never had it happen again in a few years and getting close to 50K miles

I'm not saying the ECS kit is perfect, because it isn't. There are things I would change if it were up to me

Last edited by schpenxel; 03-23-2017 at 09:32 PM.
schpenxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM   #30
speedz06
CF Senior Member

Even with a new fuel pump and new BAP I still did not have quite enough fuel to be safe and I also was leaning out by 6k rpm. Doug installed the ECS kit that allowed me to drop 2 pulley sizes while keeping afr rich enough, raising octane and cooling things down a bit. Turning the rev limiter back to over 7k where an LS7 belongs.
Basically was able to pick up nearly 100HP from the original eforce setup.
I only need it when I punch it....however, it seems that the light comes on a bit early since the PD blower does its thing even at light throttle. Thats ok it helps IAT lower for when I need power.
If there is a 5 psi switch available might be better. We will see how this really works once Im roasting in summer traffic.
speedz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #31
realcanuk
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedz06 View Post
Even with a new fuel pump and new BAP I still did not have quite enough fuel to be safe and I also was leaning out by 6k rpm. Doug installed the ECS kit that allowed me to drop 2 pulley sizes while keeping afr rich enough, raising octane and cooling things down a bit. Turning the rev limiter back to over 7k where an LS7 belongs.
Basically was able to pick up nearly 100HP from the original eforce setup.
I only need it when I punch it....however, it seems that the light comes on a bit early since the PD blower does its thing even at light throttle. Thats ok it helps IAT lower for when I need power.
If there is a 5 psi switch available might be better. We will see how this really works once Im roasting in summer traffic.
You would be better off running the meth off the maf signal with an eforce.
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM   #32
soldier4life
CF Senior Member

Since we're talking of meth, what about running nitrous in conjunction with meth? Anything else needed to do so?
soldier4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #33
winters97gt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier4life View Post
Since we're talking of meth, what about running nitrous in conjunction with meth? Anything else needed to do so?
No. Depends on the size of nitrous. Your tuner might pull timing. Keep the meth on.

I've run both kits, and tossed belts on both. All due to alignment or a bad aftermarket balancers. Fortunately, my current ECS kit has been aligned properly and never tossed a belt.

As for meth, it's a great addition to these cars. Wouldn't run over 600-650 without one.
winters97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • meth questions
  •