C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meth questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 02:33 PM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default meth questions

i have a c6Z lg blower cam AA kit with 3.6 pulley AHP heads putting down 650rwhp. Was at TX2k17 when i dyno at MTI and Billy advised me to seriously consider adding meth when i put my headers on soon (told him i was adding them very soon to push the 700mark)

My concern and more just from lack of knowledge:
am i correct in saying that meth spray control is added per boost level. meaning that in low/no boost (cruising) the meth consumption is very low?
what other kits are out there besides ECS kit?
I live in the boonies where we are restricted to 93 pump gas so i don't have E85. I also use my car to make several long drives.. (drove from New Orleans to TX2k17 this weekend) how long does the windshield wiper juice container of meth last?
anything i should be concerned or know about cars on meth? ive never had a car that needed it.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:48 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

When you are not in boost it uses 0 meth, and you are correct that it ramps up with boost. Most people get 2-3 tanks of gas out of a tank of meth, but that all depends on your use, a heavy foot will use more.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Meth kicks on a set PSI and ramps up with PSI assuming you are using a MAP based controller. You can use a MAF based one that ramps it by maf values too. So you use no meth at all under the start point of typically 3-4psi.

It can last 6 months or 30 minutes. It only sprays when you are on it. I've gone 3 months or filled up same day. At 1/2 mile I made ~10 passes before I had to add more.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Can't go wrong with an Alky Control kit.

You'll make more power and do it safely as long as it's tuned properly. Very easy to maintain. If you don't drive like a lunatic on the streets the meth will last for a while. Just buy a 5 gal jug and it should last you a few months unless you run the car hard often.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:32 PM
gameover4
Racer

how easy is the ECS kit to install? any other kits on the market worth looking at?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by gameover4
how easy is the ECS kit to install? any other kits on the market worth looking at?
The ECS kit is actually an Alky Control kit. I bought mine from ECS and I'm pretty sure I got the same stuff I'd have gotten if I ordered direct, but I got it on sale.

The instructions, in my opinion, are not good. All of the information you need can be found in the instructions, plus a little extra common sense. Fortunately, lots of people are running the kit, so if you have questions, you can contact Julio (Alky Control), ECS or ask here on the forum.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 PM
ChrisUlrich
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The A&A kit. Supposed to kick belts less and have a better intercooler. That's why I went that route (supercharger head units are nearly identical as Vortech makes Paxton)

If you don't plan on raising the boost. You don't experience heat soak or any time of time retard.

There's no real reason for meth other than a mental hurdle.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
The A&A kit. Supposed to kick belts less and have a better intercooler. That's why I went that route (supercharger head units are nearly identical as Vortech makes Paxton)

If you don't plan on raising the boost. You don't experience heat soak or any time of time retard.

I don't think it's fair to say that those things are better in an A&A kit than an ECS kit, and I have an A&A kit. Intercooler is good for both systems and belt issues are individual install issues, not a systemic problem with a kit.

You also not correct in claiming that stock boost levels don't cause high enough IATs to reduce ignition timing. Maybe that would be true if you lived in a cold climate, but it's not that hard to get IATs in the area where timing is reduced. You can do it on a stock car.. that's why the tables exist to tune it.

I'm not saying that everyone needs meth. I didn't run it for a year. I could tell power was down in the summer compared to spring fall though.

Last edited by Tech; 03-20-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

If you aren't pulling timing after a 1-4 gear pull, even at 5-6psi on any kit, you have a serious tune issue.

Meth is very helpful, even at low boost.

ECS and A&A intercoolers are comparable and both have great belt systems.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:22 AM
wesam
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
If you aren't pulling timing after a 1-4 gear pull, even at 5-6psi on any kit, you have a serious tune issue.

Meth is very helpful, even at low boost.

ECS and A&A intercoolers are comparable and both have great belt systems.
Could you explain why he have to pull timing if make a 1-4 pull and his IAT is still under acceptable range lets say 130 F ?
Old 03-21-2017, 08:45 AM
gameover4
Racer

any other meth kits besides the ECS? are you guys actually running pure meth or the low temp windshield wiper juice like back in the old days?
Old 03-21-2017, 08:57 AM
gameover4
Racer

also what is the main purposes of adding meth injection on the boosted 7.0L engines? why is it such a good idea to run it?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Pure meth. Lowers IATs and adds octane to allow more timing.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
Pure meth. Lowers IATs and adds octane to allow more timing.
Not just to allow for more timing, but to prevent detonation with the same timing if something were to go south (like bad gas).
The following users liked this post:
Patriot Six (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:00 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

If your IATs with any centri kit are below 130F after a full 1-4th gear pull, you have some crazy magic or running the car in <50f outside temps.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:56 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

meth is a game changer on these cars. more power and more reliable. i can't see any reason not to do it and you can have meth delivered right to your door from hyperfuels.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:16 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

We install them here in about 6 hours for a clean install. First time might take you a little longer.

Originally Posted by Tech
The ECS kit is actually an Alky Control kit. I bought mine from ECS and I'm pretty sure I got the same stuff I'd have gotten if I ordered direct, but I got it on sale.
Correct, it gets dubbed the ECS Alky control kit a lot because we have been doing the original fitting/designing of the kits since the C5 days, and now the C7. So in other words, we work very closely with Julio, who is a very knowledgeable guy in this dept. We took his design from Grand Nationals and fit it into the C5 basically back in the early 2000's.

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich

Where in the hell do you get your information?

any other meth kits besides the ECS? are you guys actually running pure meth or the low temp windshield wiper juice like back in the old days?
No, there is no other kit worth looking at and I swear I'm not biased.

We only use and recommend 100% meth.

Originally Posted by neverstop
meth is a game changer on these cars. more power and more reliable. i can't see any reason not to do it and you can have meth delivered right to your door from hyperfuels.

I have often said that it's god's gift to high HP street cars, race gas on demand!
The following users liked this post:
c6moneypit (03-26-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To meth questions

Old 03-21-2017, 04:21 PM
DOUG @ ECS

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...tegory_id=1393
Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 PM
bumpin96monte
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I ran the 50/50 mix (similar to the ww fluid, but made specifically for injection) and I didn't have good results with it. Switched to straight meth along with a 0.2" smaller pulley and a retune and picked up 60 whp. No other changes to the meth system (same single nozzle, same controller, etc). I'll never go back.

As for your previous question about ease of install, it took me about 8 hours to do (Alkycontrol kit) and was my first time. There is nothing that is hard to do at all, it's pretty simple mechanical and electrical work. It's just time consuming since there are multiple things to do.

I did pull the fender completely off, so I'm sure that added a bit to my time too.

I can't really comment on usage since it really depends how much you drive and how much you're in boost. I'm probably 6-8 months in and have only used about 2.5 gallons. I probably use a bit less than average since about half my time driving the car is occasional commuting to work in fairly heavy traffic where I'm using nearly nothing.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 03-21-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM
LemansbluebyU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

The Alky control kit is by far the best kit for these applications, anyone that says something negative about meth usage is basically closed minded....Period! There really is no down side to using meth and for those that say what happens if the pump fails or you run out... What happens if you run low on fuel and burn out a motor? What happens if you have any other type of failure and break something... Same ****!!! You fix and go on, NOTHING is foolproof but meth has a great many benefits and most especially on boosted cars, I will never run with out it! I also know how to maintain my system and inspect it, the very same way anyone with a high performance car should inspect the operating system's on it.... Get the Alky control and have fun!

Quick Reply: meth questions