Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

F/S OEM C6 Wheels Black Powdercoat

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 01:16 PM
DJC C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S OEM C6 Wheels Black Powdercoat

I have a full set (2-18's and 2-19's) of OEM C6 wheels that I had stripped and powdercoated. No sensors.

I purchased a set of silver painted OEM wheels a couple months back and had them stripped and powdercoated gloss black. The wheels have less than 100 miles on them total and NO miles since they were powdercoated (I never mounted them). The wheels include the caps, although I have not painted the caps yet.

The powdercoating is VERY well done, the wheels look great. I am asking $850 for the set. Please PM or email.

*****SOLD********

Last edited by DJC C6; 04-21-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:09 PM
DJC C6
Pro

Shameless bump!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:18 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

bump for a rare selling item.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:47 PM
KMK454
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very interested... Brabus can attest, I PMed him about his wheels a while ago... what has to be done to get them on my car... a wheel swap and a remount/rebalance of my tires... How much does that run $-wise? Will 4 wheels fit inside a C6 to take her to the ol' shop, cause it's my only car

Ok, better question:

Are your wheels shiny/glossy like black paint? Or is the finish more of a satin?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Sinister Evil
Instructor

I got mine powder coated a FLAT BLACK finish for $350(all four wheels including the Sand Blasting) Remove and Reinstall is going to run you about another $30/tire...YMMV.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:58 PM
KMK454
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Sinister Evil
I got mine powder coated a FLAT BLACK finish for $350(all four wheels including the Sand Blasting) Remove and Reinstall is going to run you about another $30/tire...YMMV.
I really don't have the ability to leave my car up on jackstands while they refinish wheels... otherwise I'd have done that already! It's my only car. Plus I'd sell the polished wheels after and recoup some cost... I think.

I'll have to investigate this now, lots of options coming up fast.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Sinister Evil
Instructor

I would go with the above wheels. It's keep your car's down time to about a half day. And you will definitely recoupe most of the cost by selling your stockers. Oh and the car looks INSANE assuming you lower it a bit more than stock
Old 04-17-2006, 03:54 PM
C6 DVL
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by KMK454
I am very interested... Brabus can attest, I PMed him about his wheels a while ago... what has to be done to get them on my car... a wheel swap and a remount/rebalance of my tires... How much does that run $-wise? Will 4 wheels fit inside a C6 to take her to the ol' shop, cause it's my only car

Ok, better question:

Are your wheels shiny/glossy like black paint? Or is the finish more of a satin?
Spoiler

Old 04-17-2006, 04:56 PM
DJC C6
Pro

These wheels are just about ready to go. The caps are still silver as they are plastic and cannot be powdercoated. You will need a $7 can of epoxy, appliance spraypaint and lay 5-6 very thin coats of that stuff on the caps. The wheels will need to be mounted and balance on your tires and you are ready to go.

The powdercoat finish is considered a "high gloss" by the company who did it for me. It is a very smooth, gloss finish but it does not reflect as much as chrome or a black appliance (if that makes any sense). If I had a black car, these are the wheels that would go on my car...but I felt the wheels were just too much contrast with my MS car. These wheels were never mounted after the powdercoated and do not have a scratch on them. I have just returned 6-8 PM's with interested parties...first $$ takes them. PM me if you have any other questions and I can give you my phone number and we can talk. $850 plus shipping!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Brabus2
Safety Car

For $850 it's a steal!!! Since I had my set last July, I've received a minimum of 20-25 inquires regarding the blk wheels, guys here's a great opportunity! I've heard a shop charging $1250 for a set.

Not everyone's cup of tea...but the blk wheels sure feels faster.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:04 PM
DJC C6
Pro

Originally Posted by Brabus2
For $850 it's a steal!!! Since I had my set last July, I've received a minimum of 20-25 inquires regarding the blk wheels, guys here's a great opportunity! I've heard a shop charging $1250 for a set.

Not everyone's cup of tea...but the blk wheels sure feels faster.

Brabus,

That car is just plain sweet! You are gonna make me take the money I get for the wheels and buy a black C6. That car is just plain tough! I love the look of black wheels, but I am afraid it is gonna be just too much contrast for my MS C6. I have a black top, black letters on the back, and I just got my side markers and taillights blacked out...I just can't pull the trigger.

Anyway, you're car looks great and thanks for the bump and the nice advertisement. I looked everwhere for a set of black wheels before I did this and couldn't find 'em. I think $850 is a fair price...especially considering the work has been done, no chasing from the blaster to the powdercoater etc. Thanks again!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:48 PM
ruidosozo6
Intermediate

i am interested in the wheels...will they fit on my z? if they will ill buy them!!! thanks
Old 04-18-2006, 12:02 AM
ruidosozo6
Intermediate

Default i am very interested!!!

will they fit my 06 z...if so ill will buy them....hit me back if you still have them an ill take them
Old 04-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DJC C6
Brabus,

That car is just plain sweet! You are gonna make me take the money I get for the wheels and buy a black C6. That car is just plain tough! I love the look of black wheels, but I am afraid it is gonna be just too much contrast for my MS C6. I have a black top, black letters on the back, and I just got my side markers and taillights blacked out...I just can't pull the trigger.

Anyway, you're car looks great and thanks for the bump and the nice advertisement. I looked everwhere for a set of black wheels before I did this and couldn't find 'em. I think $850 is a fair price...especially considering the work has been done, no chasing from the blaster to the powdercoater etc. Thanks again!
DJC C6,

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Machine Silver would have been my second choice of color and no doubt would have looked like this:

Didn't mean to spoil your sale...but, makes you say hummmm.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ruidosozo6
will they fit my 06 z...if so ill will buy them....hit me back if you still have them an ill take them

Chase,

I didn't even realize you had an 06 Z06...OEM C6 will not fit on your BEAST! You will need these...
Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 AM
KMK454
Melting Slicks

Ok, I cave

I'll take them, pending a few simple questions... PM Sent.

Edit: You can't receive PMs or so it seems... shoot me one if you can! Thanks.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:37 PM
DJC C6
Pro

Originally Posted by KMK454
Ok, I cave

I'll take them, pending a few simple questions... PM Sent.

Edit: You can't receive PMs or so it seems... shoot me one if you can! Thanks.
PM sent...not sure why I didn't recieve your PM. I cleaned out my inbox a little too....that may have done it. Drop me a PM with your questions or give me a call.

I have a handful of people that say they are gonna take them, but I haven't seen any $$ yet....LOL.

BTW...Brabus...that's the car that inspired me to do that to the wheels. Maybe it was the crazy hot girl that was draped on the hood! That picture makes me question my decision...my blacked out markers and taillights would look sweet!

Get notified of new replies

To F/S OEM C6 Wheels Black Powdercoat

Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 AM
1fastLT
Racer

Does anyone have a picture of these on a Victory Red car??? I would love to see how that looks. If it looks good enough I'll spring for them.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:16 AM
DJC C6
Pro

I did a search to find some pictures of a VR Coupe with black and I did find some pictures. No surprise to you as it was one of the threads you started! LOL. I saw come chopped pics and I thought it looked pretty damn cool! Its your car...if you decide this is the look you want, the wheels are still for sale. Good luck!

Last edited by DJC C6; 04-19-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:37 PM
2SLOW
Advanced

Default Wheels

Originally Posted by DJC C6
I did a search to find some pictures of a VR Coupe with black and I did find some pictures. No surprise to you as it was one of the threads you started! LOL. I saw come chopped pics and I thought it looked pretty damn cool! Its your car...if you decide this is the look you want, the wheels are still for sale. Good luck!

I'm interested in buying your wheels. Am I correct in assuming the 18" wheels are 8.5" wide and the 19" wheels are 10" wide? Are they still for sale?

PM sent.

Last edited by 2SLOW; 04-19-2006 at 06:04 PM.

Quick Reply: F/S OEM C6 Wheels Black Powdercoat