Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

DiabloSport Predator Programmers On Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:52 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

Location: Westport, MA. www.tbyrnemotorsports.com - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07
Default DiabloSport Predator Programmers On Sale!

Due to some changes at DiabloSport, we are now able to offer you sale pricing for the Predator programmer! Our regular retail is $399.99 with free overnight shipping in the 48 states. The sale price is MUCH better! Plus you have the option of getting ground or overnight shipping.

What is the Diablosport Predator?

The Predator is a state-of-the art, high performance tuning flash programmer in a sleek handheld design. Once connected to the vehicle, the Predators internal computer recognizes the vehicles PCM and automatically picks the proper tuning files designed specifically for that PCM. Inside the Predator's memory are the actual tuning files that optimize spark timing and air/fuel ratio curves. The transmission parameters are remapped to improve the shift characteristics such as shift firmness and shift points. Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSport's programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery. DiabloSport engineers spend many hours on the dyno, street and track to ensure the tunes provided with the Predator are the best they can be.

Dyno Tested Performance Tunes

The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER!

Average power gains are per tune. The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.
A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability. The additional power and improved shift patterns created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration and better mileage, whether it is in town or out on the highway.
The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response. The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline.

Diablosport lists this warning on their website -

Warning

Unfortunately, not every business that advertises itself as selling DiabloSport products is a legitimate DiabloSport Authorized Dealer. Why is this important? If you purchase DiabloSport products from Unauthorized Dealers, there is no way we can guarantee:

That the items you are spending your good money on have not been previously used…

That something other than DiabloSport products have been substituted for the original…

That important serial number information has not been removed from the product in an effort to prevent us from tracking unauthorized product distribution…

That what you are getting is evenly remotely a DiabloSport product! ("Bait and switch" is a common tactic among shady retailers.)

Diablosport products sold by unauthorized dealers sometimes are:

(1) Purchased on a secondary "gray" market;

(2) Pirated goods not produced by Diablosport;

(3) Damaged, defective or so-called "B" stock goods; or

(4) Stolen goods

TBYRNE Motorsports LLC has been an authorized Diablosport dealer for many years -

Our info comes up on their dealer locator. This will allow you to buy with confidence and also know that the product is fully covered under their warranty.

Current sale pricing is lower than DiabloSport would like us to advertise but you can receive a quote by giving us a call at 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763) or e-mailing tbyrne@tbyrne.com

Have a good day!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Fast Fun
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM price and if in stock for IMMEDIATE delivery

Thx
Old 08-10-2007, 03:13 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

We have the U7191 and U7194 programmers in stock and ready to ship! U7194 also covers alot of the GM trucks and SUVs too.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Majestic43
Instructor

my order is in! thanks!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Fast Fun
Pro

Originally Posted by Fast Fun
PM price
Thx
Old 08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
05_C6_cja
Advanced

PM me the price also.

thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Danny318
Racer

yeah pm me the price too if you can
Old 08-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Would you PM me a price as well. 2005
Old 08-10-2007, 07:52 PM
JD'sVette
Advanced

PM me also 06 ZO6
Old 08-10-2007, 10:03 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Hey guys, we don't use the board PMs. That's why it was noted to call or e-mail for pricing -

Originally Posted by tbyrne
Current sale pricing is lower than DiabloSport would like us to advertise but you can receive a quote by giving us a call at 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763) or e-mailing tbyrne@tbyrne.com

Have a good day!
We actually tried using them on a couple of message boards a few months ago. Just wanted to see how it would work. It didn't work out well and that was stopped after about a week. Think of it as having to goto 50 different post offices all day long. It's much easier and more efficient to have the postman stop by and drop your mail off every 30 minutes.

There are a few people that take care of our e-mail. Messages are sometimes passed around to people in the office that can provide a better/quicker answer. The outgoing messages can be referenced later if needed. I guess you can say that all of the mail is in one office and easier to handle. Board PMs can be ok if your only on a couple of message boards. I keep the feature turned on for boards that I visit for my own hobbies. Very rarely use them. The problem with us using PMs is that mail ends up scattered all over the net, you have to go into all of the boards to check mail, questions can't be answered easily if it's something that would normally be forwarded to another person in the office and then replies are all over the net too. That makes it hard if someone here needs to reference a prior outgoing message at a later date.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I read that and e-mailed, still waiting for a response.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:06 AM
C7cmnthru
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

pm me a price for U7194> thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Fast Fun
Pro

Originally Posted by Fast Fun
PM price and if in stock for IMMEDIATE delivery

Thx
Emailed for price and if it includes the PC interface kit?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 AM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

We replied to alot of requests this morning.

The PC interface kit isn't included. I find that only a small percentage of customers go with that. It would be needed to download updates from DiabloSport. You'll need that and the power supply.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:24 AM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

U7191 Predator Applications (2005 vehicles):

Gas Vehicles ....................Engine
GTO ..................................LS2
Corvette C6 ........................LS2
SSR ...................................LS2

U7194 Predator Applications (2006 vehicles):

Gas Vehicles ......................Engine
Chevrolet Corvette C6 ...........LS2
Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 .....LS7

U7194 Predator Applications (2007 vehicles):
Gas Vehicles ......................Engine
Chevrolet Corvette C6............ LS2
Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06...... LS7
Chevrolet Tahoe................. 5.3L,6.0L
Chevrolet Suburban ............5.3L,6.0L
GMC Yukon...................... 5.3L,6.0L
GMC Denali ......................5.3L,6.0L
Escalade ..............................6.2L
Chevrolet Avalanche........... 5.3L,6.0L
Old 08-13-2007, 03:10 PM
DRMN OF A VETTE
Instructor

Default Part Number

Originally Posted by tbyrne
We replied to alot of requests this morning.

The PC interface kit isn't included. I find that only a small percentage of customers go with that. It would be needed to download updates from DiabloSport. You'll need that and the power supply.
Do you have the part number for the PC interface and power supply? I have made my order and will receive it once stock has replinished. Thank you
Old 08-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Fast Fun
Pro

Default PC Interface Kit

Originally Posted by DRMN OF A VETTE
Do you have the part number for the PC interface and power supply? I have made my order and will receive it once stock has replinished. Thank you
U7777 (SU7777) (D08-U7777) (DS-U7777) I do not know what the different prefix numbers/letter mean

You need to make sure when you order this kit that it includes the power supply.

The PC Interface Kit contains a DiabloSport approved DB9 to DB9 serial extension cable and a 12 Volt 1 Amp power supply.

The PC Interface Kit allows you to connect your Predator to your PC. This is needed if you want to update the Predator with software revision, export your current tune from predator to your PC, upload custom tunes into the Predator, and export live data logs from the Predator to PC in order to be viewed using Diablo's free windows DAT viewer.

Get notified of new replies

To DiabloSport Predator Programmers On Sale!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 PM
DRMN OF A VETTE
Instructor

Thank you
Old 08-14-2007, 11:46 AM
blueangel5
Instructor

Has anyone used one of these that can comment on the benefits of this vice say anyone of the other hand held tuners or for that matter a mail in tune like COW's.

If you have one ( Diablo ) what were your SOTP impressions after your tune.

Lee
Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 PM
tbyrne
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Part # that we use for the interface cable is U777. AP2105W is for the power supply. Most people don't order these with the Predator (it's very rare). They are needed if your going to download updates from DiabloSport. The cable allows the Predator to be connected to your PC and the power supply provides power.

Quick Reply: DiabloSport Predator Programmers On Sale!