Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

F/S: KTi p.s.t. Tire Sensor Reset Tool

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:40 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Default F/S: KTi p.s.t. Tire Sensor Reset Tool

If you swap wheels regularly (such as from street to track wheels and both sets have sensors) you may like a tool such as this K Tool International Positioning Sensor Tool to register the sensors.

What you see in the picture above is the tool, a PIM (bottom left), and a holster (bottom right).

The entire package is available for $305 shipped. I have the PIM and the holster listed in a separate posting. If some other forum member that already has a tool buys them first, then only the tool will be available.

The KTi p.s.t. sensor reset tool alone is $220 shipped. Tools such as this (the KTi or identical TIPS tool) are usually available on eBay for about $400. A complete package (tool, PIM, holster) are usually $600 or more.

I will split up the items. $220 for the tool, $80 for the PIM, $15 for the holster, or $305 for a package deal of all three items (prices include shipping).

I know there are cheaper tools out there. The Bartec Trackside can still be had (I think) for about $150 with shipping, but it only works on the C6.

Next month with deliveries of 2008 model year vehicles, every 4 wheeled vehicle less than 10,000 pounds must have a TPMS and tire pressure sensors. This tool will work with ALL sensors and is upgradeable (that's what the PIM is required for). If you rotate the tires on the other vehilces you own, you may need to have a tool like this to reset the TPMS.

If you just need it for your C6 it will work with the software that's in it. You can see in the picture that there is a piece of tape over the buttons - that's there because it's a brand-new, never been registered tool. I did, however, check it out on my C6 sensors - and it works perfectly. So.....no upgrade needed for it to work on your C6.

Please check out the following for-sale message if interested in more info about the PIM:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1791259

You can also see some info about the tool at:

http://ktipst.com

Also, if you have questions about using a tool like this, below is a link to a video where an identical tool (well....except for the green color!) is used to do a relearn procedure on my C6.

I can accept PayPal (but I just have a personal account and can only accept "instant transfer" or e-checks - I'm not set up for credit/debit cards). I'll also take personal check, money order, or cashier's check.

Thanks for your interest,

Bob
Old 08-22-2007, 03:49 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

ttt

Quick Reply: F/S: KTi p.s.t. Tire Sensor Reset Tool